Close

Thread: E63 AMG?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

E63 AMG?

Well, going test drive a 2008 E63 AMG tomorrow. Might say good bye to the 335i. If so, it will be a sad, sad day. This last year and a half has been the funnest of my whole life, modding, drag racing, reading on this forum, and just meeting a bunch of great car guys. It's definately not fore sure, but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with the N/A 6.3 MB engine? I test drove a C63 AMG this summer and it was an absolute beast. I drove an e92 M3 the same day and loved the C63 way more than the M3. This is obviously a much larger E series car. Kind of the reason for the switch. I'm also, hopeully, going to get a real nice warranty with the e63, where as my 335i warranty is up in DEC, the main reason looking. I have a ton of parts I still haven't put on the 335i yet, so if I don't get the MB the quest for more HP will continue.

Thoughts?
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Sticky, I've been reading all night on the MB part of this forum. I know that was coming Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Stay with the N54, ESPECIALLY now that the Vargas TT Upgrade looks legit. Even tho the E63 has a BOMB under the hood, you know that you'll always regret giving up the N54 (especially as more & more power upgrades come along).

Plus it's a MB, there's no chance it drives as well as a BMW (even a non-M)
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Let me know if you're getting rid of that nitrous kit Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

There is nothing to regret with giving up the N54. The M157 takes a dump right on the N54.

Over 600 wheel with just a tune. When the turbo upgrades hit... wow.

Moved to E-Class. I think the E63 AMG is an awesome choice.

Edit, you're talking about the M156 NA motor. My mistake, that motor is sick as well just not as easy to upgrade. You can supercharge it and have tons of power if you want.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yeah, I've got some pretty serious parts awaiting install for the 335i and have been offered a set of RBs and am also in line for one of the first sets of vargas stage 2s. It's gonna be fast. I could always buy an extended warranty but I just spent 3 hours last week returning the car to stock so I could bring it in for service and now I have to put it back together. Really I'm sick of that, but I've always said I won't own a BMW out of warranty. IDK, I guess we'll see how the AMG drives tomorrow. I'm not sure we can make the $$$ work, it really depends on what they give me for the 335i, but I'm guessing they're not going to offer me what I need for the 335i and the mods will continue as scheduled with the spec stage 3+ w/LW flywheel getting installed on the 19th.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Let me know if you're getting rid of that nitrous kit Click here to enlarge
    haha, for sure. We'll know tomorrow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    There is nothing to regret with giving up the N54. The M157 takes a dump right on the N54.

Over 600 wheel with just a tune. When the turbo upgrades hit... wow.

Moved to E-Class. I think the E63 AMG is an awesome choice.

Edit, you're talking about the M156 NA motor. My mistake, that motor is sick as well just not as easy to upgrade. You can supercharge it and have tons of power if you want.
    not gonna drop $15K on a SC kit. I've priced out the tune and header back exhaust. That'll be the extent of it to avoid the warranty issues and de-modding that I deal with, with the 335i.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    not gonna drop $15K on a SC kit. I've priced out the tune and header back exhaust. That'll be the extent of it to avoid the warranty issues and de-modding that I deal with, with the 335i.
    Tune and exhaust wake it up quite a bit. You'll enjoy it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Looks like I'm staying in the 335i. BMW did what I figured they would do, offer me crap for my trade-in. The E63 was a pretty awesome car though. Def didn't drive like a 335i but it's a pretty big car. It did drive great at 100mph though, effortlessly. Modding will continue on the 335i Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Looks like I'm staying in the 335i. BMW did what I figured they would do, offer me crap for my trade-in. The E63 was a pretty awesome car though. Def didn't drive like a 335i but it's a pretty big car. It did drive great at 100mph though, effortlessly. Modding will continue on the 335i Click here to enlarge
    Well then, no biggie, you just get to take your car to the next level.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

VARGAS TT Upgrade!!!
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna