Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Thanks BimmerBoost

Sticky,

I wanted to thank you for creating BimmerBoost and allowing enthusiats like myself to get an unvarnished view of the BMW community, the vendors, community opinions and overall wisdom. The BMW performance community really is incredible and it will be a big reason for me staying in a BMW for life.

I am quite new to the tuning scene, less than 1 year, and it has been a steep learning curve for me as I am not the most mechanically proficient and require accuracy of information to assist me in my learnings. I am extremely competitive by nature and I really want to learn as much as I can such that I can safely push my car to the limits and achieve my performance goals.

I have to be honest with you, when I first ran into you at N54tech I thought you were a hothead and an antagonizer. I wondered why people put up with you. Now that I have been a part of your site for sometime I really understand the position that you are taking with BimmerBoost and within the community in general.

I have grown to respect your approach and passion, I truly believe that you are trying to create an environment without bias (at least within the BMW family) such that the community can draw strong conclusions and maximize the benefit. Good work Sticky, I am hopeful for your continued future success.

Irish

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I think a lot of guys have misunderstood over the years on various forums and confuse my passion for BMW's for antagonizing and whatnot. I enjoy debating a good topic and people like Jason or Gustav simply didn't get it. I would often get in arguments because I disagreed with how the boards were run and their policies. I was not exactly quiet about it either. I decided not to whine about it and do something about it, I think I can do it better than them and I intend to prove that.

I am glad guys like you are spending time here and seeing things for yourself. I enjoy that many of you like what you are seeing. I put in a lot of time and these posts make it all worth it. You would be surprised at how many PM's I get saying something similar but people rarely stand up and say anything in public. It is a lot easier to hate and that is what most do, I appreciate your post and intend to make BimmerBoost the best BMW forum out there, thank you.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    Sticky,

I wanted to thank you for creating BimmerBoost and allowing enthusiats like myself to get an unvarnished view of the BMW community, the vendors, community opinions and overall wisdom. The BMW performance community really is incredible and it will be a big reason for me staying in a BMW for life.

I am quite new to the tuning scene, less than 1 year, and it has been a steep learning curve for me as I am not the most mechanically proficient and require accuracy of information to assist me in my learnings. I am extremely competitive by nature and I really want to learn as much as I can such that I can safely push my car to the limits and achieve my performance goals.

I have to be honest with you, when I first ran into you at N54tech I thought you were a hothead and an antagonizer. I wondered why people put up with you. Now that I have been a part of your site for sometime I really understand the position that you are taking with BimmerBoost and within the community in general.

I have grown to respect your approach and passion, I truly believe that you are trying to create an environment without bias (at least within the BMW family) such that the community can draw strong conclusions and maximize the benefit. Good work Sticky, I am hopeful for your continued future success.

Irish
    I agree, Sticky definitely came off as a stuck up douche bag at first, but now that I've read more of his posts I consider him just an $#@!.

Click here to enlarge

Really though, great work Sticky, this forum came together nicely and is the only one I check besides N54tech.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    I agree, Sticky definitely came off as a stuck up douche bag at first, but now that I've read more of his posts I consider him just an $#@!.
    And an $#@! is all I was trying to be, thank you.

There is a lot more to come!
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Thanks guys, for being a part of our site and getting our community to grow, and yes, speaking from my first encounter with sticky, he did seem a bit edgy - but he's a VERY hard working guy!

Once again, thanks for helping us grow!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    Thanks guys, for being a part of our site and getting our community to grow, and yes, speaking from my first encounter with sticky, he did seem a bit edgy - but he's a VERY hard working guy!

Once again, thanks for helping us grow!
    $#@! off. Click here to enlarge

Yes yes, lot's of hard work and thanks to everyone but we have a long way to go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Good points Irish, I agree with most of what you say.

On your views of Sticky, i cannot agree, my original impressions are still true, and to simplify my thoughts in one word it would be "Dick" as in in he is one. But ts more of an enemy of my enemy type of thing. I do completely agree with his motives behind this site, and i believe most of the community does as well, even if they dont know it yet.

I use the search:new posts buttons when browesing here and if you noticed, we have a HUGE number of new members that came here in just the past few weeks. BB will be here for a long time, as long as it remains true to why it was started

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Good points Irish, I agree with most of what you say.

On your views of Sticky, i cannot agree, my original impressions are still true, and to simplify my thoughts in one word it would be "Dick" as in in he is one. But ts more of an enemy of my enemy type of thing. I do completely agree with his motives behind this site, and i believe most of the community does as well, even if they dont know it yet.

I use the search:new posts buttons when browesing here and if you noticed, we have a HUGE number of new members that came here in just the past few weeks. BB will be here for a long time, as long as it remains true to why it was started
    You're a dick.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

^Click here to enlarge Sticky in his true original manner.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Way too much dicking going on.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    i agree way to much dick going on...everyone go to OT and take in the NWS threads for some T&A
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TwinturboM3
    I bang the chickens on my farm 60-130 times a day.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Funkboy316 Click here to enlarge
    i agree way to much dick going on...everyone go to OT and take in the NWS threads for some T&A
    Click here to enlarge

This is a special moment, don't ruin it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

rofl
    all the dick going on brought you guys closer

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Don't forget to say no homo haha.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

this is gay
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    this is gay
    Damn it, why can't anyone say they enjoy BB without it being gay?