Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 57
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    404
    Rep Points
    611.6
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    7 out of 10 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    Update on Weistec blower with MBH headers and mids with x-pipe

    for those of you that are interested in the blower from Weistec , i would say do it and switch to the MBH headers and mids . i would like to say , first and foremost , that dyno sheets are not for me . i would rather do real world testing than have some number on paper , but that's just me . i switched to the MBH setup because of all the good reports and positive input from people about mating them together with the Weistec blower . i did just that and while at Dynocomp , Richard said that it picked up 40whp by switching setups . of course there were those who doubted the gains and said it was not possible . well i'll be damned if my comments were not spot on . as a matter of fact , my 40whp was actually a little low according to one of my biggest detractors out there (SLS AMG and his brother Jacob502) .

    Steve from Weistec actually made a trip to the Middle East just last week and met with SLS and who knows who else regarding some new builds for Weistec . i gave Steve permission to answer any and all questions about my build yet it seemed that those who had previously questioned my gains by switching headers were no longer interested in speaking to Steve about it . now keep in mind that this was only word of mouth again but seeing as it came from SLS AMG , i figured it would have to be pretty true since he was the biggest disbeliever out there..........and the bottom of this thread is what i got from him on MBW .

    my intent here is not to bash SLS AMG nor do i really care about any public appology from those guys . i was just trying to show that the MBH setup actually worked better with the Weistec blower than other setups .

    it's just nice to know that my biggest disbelievers end up being the best proof of my claims .

    special thanks goes to Mike at MBH for the great headers and mids , Richard at Dynocomp for all the help with the install and other little things and Steve , and the crew at Weistec , for making my car what it is now . i can't wait to get the car back and show what this thing is capable of .

    below is the pm from SLS AMG...........

    .................................................. .................................................. .

    Click here to enlarge
    Private Message: I owe you an Apology
    Click here to enlarge Yesterday, 10:14 AM
    SLS Qatar
    Super Member

    Click here to enlarge

    Join Date: Oct 2011
    Location: Doha, Qatar
    Posts: 563
    Drives: 2011 SLS AMG, 2009 SL63 AMG, 2008 C63 AMG

    I owe you an Apology




    Hello Jason,

    Hope you are doing well. We met with Steven from Weistec in UAE. I did not ask him about your car, though he did bring up your car when we were talking about increasing boost. He did mention that your car did make those gains with the higher boost, which was actually much more than 40 rwhp when you made the header switch. Good luck. I am sorry. If you like I will apologize to you publicly on BB.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Unbelievable.

    Click here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    137
    Rep Points
    293.1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Well, I finally got enough points to give someone rep and you are my very first.

    Now if you can't get those dyno sheets then let's see some time slips in the near future. I just had my very first race outing and think I might be addicted now. Click here to enlarge

    I am looking to pick up MBH headers, mids and x-pipe as well so I am very pleased to hear that I am building toward a better setup for the future.

    It's also nice to see SLS AMG apologize. Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    404
    Rep Points
    611.6
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Unbelievable.

    Click here to enlarge
    absolutely classic Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63 Click here to enlarge
    Well, I finally got enough points to give someone rep and you are my very first.

    Now if you can't get those dyno sheets then let's see some time slips in the near future. I just had my very first race outing and think I might be addicted now. Click here to enlarge

    I am looking to pick up MBH headers, mids and x-pipe as well so I am very pleased to hear that I am building toward a better setup for the future.

    It's also nice to see SLS AMG apologize. Click here to enlarge
    well i'm glad it was positive rep Click here to enlarge

    i will definately get some results up after i get the car back .

    as far as the appology goes , i couldn't care less if they ever come back here . after all the grief they gave me , i can't wait for them to be gone for good . looks like they are heading in the right direction for me Click here to enlarge

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    404
    Rep Points
    611.6
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63 Click here to enlarge
    Well, I finally got enough points to give someone rep and you are my very first.

    Now if you can't get those dyno sheets then let's see some time slips in the near future. I just had my very first race outing and think I might be addicted now. Click here to enlarge

    I am looking to pick up MBH headers, mids and x-pipe as well so I am very pleased to hear that I am building toward a better setup for the future.

    It's also nice to see SLS AMG apologize. Click here to enlarge
    i repped you back for all except the last line of your post

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    137
    Rep Points
    293.1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ Click here to enlarge
    i repped you back for all except the last line of your post
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    513
    Rep Points
    868.3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    0 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I never doubted the gains one bit. Must feel good to be vindicated, not that you needed to show proof to anyone.

    Congrats.
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

    Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

    Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

    Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

    12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,069
    Rep Points
    0.5
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Jason,

    So your saying that my apology is your proof?
    Look I gave you a hard time about dispaying the gains. I do apologize. I believe you. But you still did not provide any proof

    Moreover, the gains were achieved on the specific set up on your car only with higher boost, which is above 11, which you didnt care to clarify. In addition, on stage1+ with the normal 8 psi boost. Those gains won't be achievable, which I expected.

    The lack of communication from you and not telling us everything, resulted me in disbelieving you. I apologize again and I hope you enjoy your ride.

    I was going to start a whole thread about this topic, but you saved me all the trouble

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    34
    Rep Points
    218.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It's nice to see someone apologize for a mistake. That shows some manhood.@BAD430BENZ Nice ride and enjoy it with the new mods and power. Your beast looks to be very powerful.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,069
    Rep Points
    0.5
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @BAD430BENZ

    I apologized to you although I didn't have to because you deserve an apology. I should've listened to Jacob and not apologize to the likes of you. I don't mean to disrespect you but you are acting like a child. When someone apologizes to you (when he doesn't have to) the other side should automtically know that this person wants to throw everything behind and get along. Even 2 members here noticed it and I really appreciate it.
    You keep saying (I care less about his apology) though you took a lot of time writing an essay about it. I really think you need to grow up and take these internet ceilings less seriously.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63 Click here to enlarge
    I am looking to pick up MBH headers, mids and x-pipe as well so I am very pleased to hear that I am building toward a better setup for the future.
    What made you choose MBH?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    @BAD430BENZ

    I apologized to you although I didn't have to because you deserve an apology. I should've listened to Jacob and not apologize to the likes of you. I don't mean to disrespect you but you are acting like a child. When someone apologizes to you (when he doesn't have to) the other side should automtically know that this person wants to throw everything behind and get along. Even 2 members here noticed it and I really appreciate it.
    You keep saying (I care less about his apology) though you took a lot of time writing an essay about it. I really think you need to grow up and take these internet ceilings less seriously.
    I was about to commend you on the apology saying it was big of you and that attitude would you get much further with everyone.

    I mean, why not just take that approach that you did in the PM? Why take it back?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kelly80 Click here to enlarge
    It's nice to see someone apologize for a mistake. That shows some manhood.@BAD430BENZ Nice ride and enjoy it with the new mods and power. Your beast looks to be very powerful.
    Strongly agree.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    137
    Rep Points
    293.1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What made you choose MBH?
    I've been doing a lot of reading and research on headers and the differences between the different set ups. My reason for choosing MBH was based on how often I would drive the car and under what conditions.

    My car is not a daily driver, but it's the only car I have right now since I sold my Jeep before moving back to Chicago (I used to live in Irvine, CA). I drive my car on the weekends and I normally don't drive long distance so in 16 months I've put less than 9k miles on the car.

    That being said, the top end power MHP provides will not be felt very often. On the other hand, the low end torque and power of the MBH headers will be enjoyed every time I put my foot on the gas.

    Both headers are excellent quality and provide significant gains over stock. I do know the numbers are in MHP's favor from what I've seen, but I'm not out to break world records nor am I out to get arrested for wreck less driving which it would be considered to enjoy the top end gains of the MHP headers. I'm in it for the fun and excitement and to make some new friends and learn about cars.

    Heck, I couldn't figure out how to work the air machine at the track Monday and needed help filling my tires with air. I could really use some lessons on basic car care. I've been spoiled because I used to go to the dealer once a week to get a car wash and check up. You could say my car is babied and will continue to be as much as possible and if I can't do it the dealer does for free.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    404
    Rep Points
    611.6
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    Jason,

    So your saying that my apology is your proof?
    Look I gave you a hard time about dispaying the gains. I do apologize. I believe you. But you still did not provide any proof

    Moreover, the gains were achieved on the specific set up on your car only with higher boost, which is above 11, which you didnt care to clarify. In addition, on stage1+ with the normal 8 psi boost. Those gains won't be achievable, which I expected.


    The lack of communication from you and not telling us everything, resulted me in disbelieving you. I apologize again and I hope you enjoy your ride.

    I was going to start a whole thread about this topic, but you saved me all the trouble
    i do have you on ignore but i had to see what you came up with now .

    sorry everyone , but i have to respond to this .

    1) what proof do i need to provide when i have you , the disbeliever , on my team . you said that my gains were not possible and yet you come out and admit that you were wrong and that Steve ( Director of Operations for Weistec ) said that my gains were valid.....and you admitted that my claims were actually a little low . game.....set.....match !

    2) i have , since day one , always said that i was getting a "Stage II" setup , which is what it was originally going to be called but who knows what Weistec will actually name the kit . not much more i can clarify when every week or two , Weistec is nice enough to switch things up to make it better for me in the longrun . should i tell you every week whats going on with my car ? i can promise you that you will not get a weekly update because , contrary to your belief , i am building this car for me and not for you . i am going to share my results and mods with the community when the car is completed and in my possession .

    you put a spin on everything to try and make yourself look better but , in this situation , you are completely wrong . i never had a Stage I , nor did i claim i did , so why say that those results are not achievable on a Stage I ? do you even reread the things you write before posting ?


    3) i can promise you that i will enjoy my car !

    4) you were going to start a whole thread about what ? you sent me a pm on MBW to appologize and ask me if i wanted you to start a thread on here....WTF ??? why not just come on here , be the bigger man , and admit that you were wrong and that my claims were right the whole time . it takes me making a thread about my gains and posting your pm here , for you to come out and say "i was wrong" .

    like i said , i appologize to the BB community for replying to this post but i don't want to see somebody so negative put a spin on things to make their "i'm sorry" seem so genuine after all the grief they have given members on many forums .

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Points
    794.0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    0 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    No need to respond as I believe they have left.
    Click here to enlarge

    I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northport NY
    Posts
    1,550
    Rep Points
    736.0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    No need to respond as I believe they have left.
    Whether he wanted to or not they are in the red.
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63 Click here to enlarge
    I've been doing a lot of reading and research on headers and the differences between the different set ups. My reason for choosing MBH was based on how often I would drive the car and under what conditions.

    My car is not a daily driver, but it's the only car I have right now since I sold my Jeep before moving back to Chicago (I used to live in Irvine, CA). I drive my car on the weekends and I normally don't drive long distance so in 16 months I've put less than 9k miles on the car.

    That being said, the top end power MHP provides will not be felt very often. On the other hand, the low end torque and power of the MBH headers will be enjoyed every time I put my foot on the gas.

    Both headers are excellent quality and provide significant gains over stock. I do know the numbers are in MHP's favor from what I've seen, but I'm not out to break world records nor am I out to get arrested for wreck less driving which it would be considered to enjoy the top end gains of the MHP headers. I'm in it for the fun and excitement and to make some new friends and learn about cars.

    Heck, I couldn't figure out how to work the air machine at the track Monday and needed help filling my tires with air. I could really use some lessons on basic car care. I've been spoiled because I used to go to the dealer once a week to get a car wash and check up. You could say my car is babied and will continue to be as much as possible and if I can't do it the dealer does for free.
    MHP uses numbers for marketing and portrays them a certain way for that purpose.

    MBH seems to be a fine choice but I haven't seen too much posting on them. One of our members made the switch and stated he made substantial gains with MBH. He created the thread Click here to enlarge

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    125
    Rep Points
    246.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    mike and mbh are great... i've had the headers on my car for probably 40k+ miles and enjoyed every bit of them and still do...

    glad your setup is working well for you

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    137
    Rep Points
    293.1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I am calling him today to order mine. Hopefully I can get it in the next week or two and get it over to Speedriven to install it. I plan on taking pictures of the install and posting them online.

    @bluejae - Did you weld your x-pipe to your mids?

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bluejae Click here to enlarge
    mike and mbh are great... i've had the headers on my car for probably 40k+ miles and enjoyed every bit of them and still do...

    glad your setup is working well for you
    Do you have a dyno or pictures of these headers? With all the discussion on them I would like a thread on the topic.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    125
    Rep Points
    246.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63 Click here to enlarge
    I am calling him today to order mine. Hopefully I can get it in the next week or two and get it over to Speedriven to install it. I plan on taking pictures of the install and posting them online.

    @bluejae - Did you weld your x-pipe to your mids?
    i got my headers when they didn't have an x-pipe available yet... i have the straight catless mid pipe set up... if i'm not mistaken, i think i had the first production set of the bolt on mid pipes... before they had to be cut/welded on...

    how did you tag me in your post? is it just the @ symbol in front of the user name? because i tried that and was expecting some little pop up...

    testing... @HoozyerdaddyC63

    edit: awesome... it worked

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    404
    Rep Points
    611.6
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    MHP uses numbers for marketing and portrays them a certain way for that purpose.

    MBH seems to be a fine choice but I haven't seen too much posting on them. One of our members made the switch and stated he made substantial gains with MBH. He created the thread Click here to enlarge
    keep in mind that the large increase was due to mating the MBH setup to the Weistec blower . obviously the increase won't be that different from other headers in a naturally aspirated motor but they do make a top quality product and i would recommend them to anyone Click here to enlarge

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    125
    Rep Points
    246.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Do you have a dyno or pictures of these headers? With all the discussion on them I would like a thread on the topic.
    i have a few pics somewhere that were taken during the install... and a few dyno sheets as well which are all posted on mbw... i'll see if i can find the time to gather it all up and make a new thread

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,797
    Rep Points
    31,559.9
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ Click here to enlarge
    keep in mind that the large increase was due to mating the MBH setup to the Weistec blower . obviously the increase won't be that different from other headers in a naturally aspirated motor but they do make a top quality product and i would recommend them to anyone Click here to enlarge
    I definitely agree.

    I want a thread with details of these headers already. Pictures, specs, dynos, pricing, etc.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •