Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

My first day at the track...

First of all I'd like to give a big shout out to Jim (JRCART), Rich and Matt for all their help and guidance today. As far as first experiences go, these guys made it one of the top best experiences I've ever had.

Ok, so now on to the good stuff.

My car is a 2010 Black C63 with the following mods:
    Eurocharged V3 Tune - Thank you Jake and Jerry and the rest of the EC team
    AFE Pro Dry S filters with charcoal filters removed - Thank you Fluid Motor Union for taking care of me

I didn't get to weight the car with me in it, but I would say it's just under 4100. Yes, I am a heavy guy.

I also had 1/2 tank of 93 octane pretty much the entire 4 passes.

The first pass I had the rear tires around 38-39 psi and the other three the rear tires were 25-26psi. It seems to definitely improve my launch time as you can see in runs 2 and 3. I redlighted on the 4th run and have a video to show.

Let me tell ya, I was very intimidated coming to the dragway. To see and hear all these muscle cars and funny cars as well as several newer models all sounding about as loud as airplanes on the runway. My car didn't seem to have the growl it does on the streets and was like a barking chihuahua to a bull dog.

I am going to show you the time slips in order from 1st to last.

My first race was against JRCART. He missed two shifts on that run, but smoked me really good. I won the other three and I'm sure some of these guys were not happy losing to some german muscle.

I'm in the left lane.
    Click here to enlarge

I'm in the right lane.
    Click here to enlarge

I'm in the right lane.
    Click here to enlarge

I'm in the right lane.
    Click here to enlarge

In this video you can see how I had a terrible launch. I was trying to launch at 2k RPM, but slipped my foot and crossed the line causing a red light. The car was stopped and then I took off. That cost me time and it was a rookie mistake. Thank goodness I am a rookie though. LOL

It's a little shaky so I apologize in advance.

Overall, this was a great experience. You can see my improvement in run 3. Quicker reaction and 60' times due to the advice from the guys. I also got my best 1/4 mile time of 12.71. With the heat and it only being the third time I've drag raced I feel pretty good about it. I know I can continue to improve with practice and am looking forward to more runs in the future. I figure with better temps and more practice I should be able to get into the 11's.

For those of you interested in racing, try it. You'll love it. It helps if you are with others who have experience too so post in the forums and I'm sure you'll find a few people who would be interested in going on a run with you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your trap speeds seem very, very low...
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not bad at all man. I bet that event was fun! I've only been to one 1/4 mile and I'm dying to go to another lol.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Your trap speeds seem very, very low...
    It does, but then look at JRcarts desnt he have like 600whp or soemthing and he hit 123 trap.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    It does, but then look at JRcarts desnt he have like 600whp or soemthing and he hit 123 trap.
    Yes, but his last run was 10.60 at 137.02 mph.

I'm really not sure why traps were low. Track conditions were Temp 96 degrees, DA +3750 ft 1:05 pm and I believe it was 90 degrees on my first run.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63 Click here to enlarge
    I'm really not sure why traps were low. Track conditions were Temp 96 degrees, DA +3750 ft 1:05 pm and I believe it was 90 degrees on my first run.
    That is really hot with a high DA but damn I would expect you to be in the high teens still.

I don't know why you are so low.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not bad at all man. I bet that event was fun! I've only been to one 1/4 mile and I'm dying to go to another lol.
    Thanks! It was a blast and I'm already anxious to race more. I got really lucky to have JRCART and his two buddies giving me pointers. I don't think I could have done it without them or if I did I'm sure if wouldn't have been as much fun.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That was my first pass of the day, realistically my first pass in the car with the new motor and transworking properly. my other three passes today ranged from 136-138 mph in the 10.60-10.70 range but still over a half second slower and about 10 mph slower thn I expected to go. This thread is not about me, there is another thread I started breaking down my day. Congrats to Hoozyerdaddyc63, he improved throughout the day and learned alot, hopefully I will see him at the track again in the next few weeks. I am confidant his car can go 12.7 in its current state of tune with some practice and cooler temps., he forgot to mention the temps, it was 96 degrees when we made our last passes of the day.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I posted this in my thread but thought I would post it again here. Here is a photo of the screen of my weather center in my hauler. It is very accurate I have compared it to the $30,000 one at Chicagoland Speedway and my $200 one is just as accurate Lol.Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jim, one more thing, we might have some videos of some of your passes, you met Pablo he was in charge of video but he ended leaving because he was sick. He got our first run when we ran together he also may have gotten your second pass. Matt was also taking some video with his phone I will check with him to see what he has.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your sig is very intimidating JRcart. lol
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    First time is always fun..Your time, DA adjusted, is 12.62 at 115.8 It's hard to tell when it's that hot, and your first time launching the car, if that's a good number for your tune. These motors will almost always pick up speed as you hot lap them.

It's almost as if you don't have a tune on the car, but maybe it was just too hot..traction, etc....

I wouldn't worry too much till you get more runs in better weather..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Even Money Click here to enlarge
    It's almost as if you don't have a tune on the car, but maybe it was just too hot..traction, etc...
    I was thinking that very same thing last night after Sticky mentioned my traps were low. I think the next time I head out I will first reset the TCU and then load the tune on again. I'm just unsure at the moment if I should do it at the track or before the 1.5 hour drive to the track since I will be mostly on the highway.

Hey, if I go enough times I can try all sorts of different methods and post back to let others know what worked and didn't work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63 Click here to enlarge
    I was thinking that very same thing last night after Sticky mentioned my traps were low. I think the next time I head out I will first reset the TCU and then load the tune on again. I'm just unsure at the moment if I should do it at the track or before the 1.5 hour drive to the track since I will be mostly on the highway.

Hey, if I go enough times I can try all sorts of different methods and post back to let others know what worked and didn't work.
    They have test and tune this Satuday and Sunday and weather looks better with temps being in the high 70's
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    They have test and tune this Satuday and Sunday and weather looks better with temps being in the high 70's
    I'll definitely meet you guys there. I hope to do much better this week. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

How does your butt dyno feel regarding it? You can feel the difference?

Definitely reset and reload. You can do it on the highway and the track if the track results don't look quite right. If they change once you do it again you know something is wrong and the tune isn't "sticking" for whatever reason.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How does your butt dyno feel regarding it? You can feel the difference?

Definitely reset and reload. You can do it on the highway and the track if the track results don't look quite right. If they change once you do it again you know something is wrong and the tune isn't "sticking" for whatever reason.
    There was one run where I felt like a million bucks so the tune is probably working. There was definitely some shifting that didn't seem right though. I need to buy a Go Pro and have it film my shifting because I want to say 3-4 feels off. Maybe the tcu reset will fix that. There was also a good amount of lag on the way home when I would step on the gas, but that might be because I had the A/C on full blast.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How long was your ride to the track

There was one run where I felt like a million bucks so the tune is probably working. There was definitely some shifting that didn't seem right though. I need to buy a Go Pro and have it film my shifting because I want to say 3-4 feels off. Maybe the tcu reset will fix that. There was also a good amount of lag on the way home when I would step on the gas, but that might be because I had the A/C on full blast.
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats.

The track can be a lot of fun. In my experience, these cars need a minimum of five or six WOT runs(sometimes more) before the ECU begins to adapt to your driving. What I use to do is beat on the car on the way to the track which helped quite a bit. Just something to try for next time.
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    How long was your ride to the track
    Total trip to the track took about 2 hours including me getting lost a few times.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Total trip to the track took about 2 hours including me getting lost a few times.
    Well that douche petro told you most of my advice

Shouldnt you go to the caddy forums petro
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

lol

You're not getting rid of me that easy.
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
    lol

You're not getting rid of me that easy.
    Forum title is benzboost not caddy clunker
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Forum title is benzboost not caddy clunker
    HaHa

I hope it's not a clunker. Did you ever call the guy from Mahwah Cadillac?
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:

Stage 2 Mods:

Stage 3 Mods:

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast