Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63 Click here to enlarge
    What do private rentals run anyway? Do you need to get a lot of people to get it for a decent price?
    Depends on the track. Usually about $250-$300 per person and it depends on the amount of people. Typically you need at least 20.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    For a private rental at Portland, 4600, at pacific raceways, 4000.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    What you do not see in the video is the tool bag in the camaro making me wait staged for over a minute before he got staged, ask Hoozyerdaddy if he has the full length vide. Im sure my ice was all melted in my tank and my tires were nowhere near optimum operating temps.
    Ugggh,I hate when they do that..staging games thinkin they're a damn Pro-Stock pilot,only to make a dismal 13sec pass and piss you off in the process.

BTW,there is a private rental at Beaver Springs in Pa,NHRA rules are NOT being enforced so basically anybody can run. $30 for unlimited passes Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

@JRCART How is this track in the winter ? Anything compared to MIR or Atco , looks of the video it goes down hill a bit.

You going to make MIR 11.11.12

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mthis Click here to enlarge
    @JRCART How is this track in the winter ? Anything compared to MIR or Atco , looks of the video it goes down hill a bit.

You going to make MIR 11.11.12
    LOL, it goes downhill a lot. The owner of the track is a true racer...and a whore, he will stay open all year long if there is no rain, snow or ice on the racing surface. They were racing there last year into late Nov which is late for Chicago. This has been a whacky year for weather here in Chicago, a warm winter followed by a HOT summer. "normally" our temps start to drop by mid Sept and by Oct we see high temps in the 50's but once in a while we get that 90 degree day in Oct as well.

As for MIR in Nov. it depends on if I am invited. If it is one of Ahmads events I don't think I am welcome, he made a big deal about the last event I said I was thinking about attending in the spring. Byron is not as fast as MIR in the fall, nothing is. Earl and I have been discussing doing our own private rental at MIR this fall however he is pretty busy traveling for work and not sure what his schedule is going to allow for. I am probably heading back to Byron on Saturday, weather forcast says partly sunny and high of only 72 right now, but that will probably change between now and then knowing my luck. hell, yesterday on my way to the track the forecast for the track said high of 87 and it reached 96 at the track. I'm not looking for a negative DA, I don't need it with the blower but regardless of FI or not the 3750 DA and 96 degree temps I was running in yesterday was hurting. I am confidant I have the shifting figured out so if the traction is there like it was yesterday I hope to see some much better results.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

LOL, it goes downhill a lot. The owner of the track is a true racer...and a whore, he will stay open all year long if there is no rain, snow or ice on the racing surface. They were racing there last year into late Nov which is late for Chicago. This has been a whacky year for weather here in Chicago, a warm winter followed by a HOT summer. "normally" our temps start to drop by mid Sept and by Oct we see high temps in the 50's but once in a while we get that 90 degree day in Oct as well.

As for MIR in Nov. it depends on if I am invited. If it is one of Ahmads events I don't think I am welcome, he made a big deal about the last event I said I was thinking about attending in the spring. Byron is not as fast as MIR in the fall, nothing is. Earl and I have been discussing doing our own private rental at MIR this fall however he is pretty busy traveling for work and not sure what his schedule is going to allow for. I am probably heading back to Byron on Saturday, weather forcast says partly sunny and high of only 72 right now, but that will probably change between now and then knowing my luck. hell, yesterday on my way to the track the forecast for the track said high of 87 and it reached 96 at the track. I'm not looking for a negative DA, I don't need it with the blower but regardless of FI or not the 3750 DA and 96 degree temps I was running in yesterday was hurting. I am confidant I have the shifting figured out so if the traction is there like it was yesterday I hope to see some much better results.
    Eithe way u come to his rental or u rent u own if I'm welcomed to u event I would like to come and watch, I'll race to just no comp for u guys.

Btw how's the new BS u run that yet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Eithe way u come to his rental or u rent u own if I'm welcomed to u event I would like to come and watch, I'll race to just no comp for u guys.

Btw how's the new BS u run that yet?
    If we do a rental you are more than welcome to attend. New BS has been to the track once, it is more difficult to launch than the CLK BS was in stock form, the C BS gets a lot more wheel hop than I remeber with the CLK. I went 11.97 @ 117.4 mph bone stock with charcoal filters still in place. All I did was air down the tires to 22 psi and ran a mixture of 93 and MS109 in the tank. I left some on the table by only laying down 1.8x 60's.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

^How many miles you have on the car before you went down the 1/4 mile?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Even Money Click here to enlarge
    ^How many miles you have on the car before you went down the 1/4 mile?
    It was right under 500 miles when I went to the track with it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

It was right under 500 miles when I went to the track with it.
    Thanks. I was hoping to get a rental, or fri night test/tune, just after I pick it up..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

You are welcome? Would you like an invitation sent....

Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I just ordered my Go Pro camera and should have it for this weekend. Should make for some good video if I mount it in the right place. Too bad it doesn't zoom though since you'll be so far in front of me. Click here to enlarge LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63 Click here to enlarge
    I just ordered my Go Pro camera and should have it for this weekend. Should make for some good video if I mount it in the right place. Too bad it doesn't zoom though since you'll be so far in front of me. Click here to enlarge LOL
    Sweet! Ihave three GoPros, I just need to find my suction mount so I can pin one outside the car. I like to have one facing my tach and gauges and one out the front window. They are actually great tools, not sure if you noticed me in the rv the other day watching playbacks and listening to shifts and rpm.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Sweet! Ihave three GoPros, I just need to find my suction mount so I can pin one outside the car. I like to have one facing my tach and gauges and one out the front window. They are actually great tools, not sure if you noticed me in the rv the other day watching playbacks and listening to shifts and rpm.
    I didn't, but saw one mounted inside your car. That's a really good idea though. That might actually help me figure out why I felt my shifting was off. There's so many things going on at once it's hard to remember that one point where I felt like the shifting was off, but with video it would be much easier to go back and trace it.

This weekend should be about 20 degrees cooler so I'm getting excited and hoping we'll see lower numbers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

car sounds badass but sounds like you had a bad day

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

car sounds badass but sounds like you had a bad day
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aivCy...0ocmF3KP_H-v1w
    What happened there?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What happened there?
    Shreaded the belt didn't he ? Nice driving though...pulled off to the side so he wouldn't $#@! up the track for the next guy if there were any fluids leaking etc...Bummer, but I'm sure Jim will have it back in no time. Thing sounds wicked.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Doesnt look like a belt at all....
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dodger63 Click here to enlarge
    Doesnt look like a belt at all....
    I think I heard someone say rear end in the video. Could be wrong tho idk

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Where is @JRCART?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I think I heard someone say rear end in the video. Could be wrong tho idk
    Doubt it was the rear end, the motor just dies and you see black smoke out of the exhaust, maybe unburnt fuel ? I'm sure Jim will chime in sooner or later.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Doubt it was the rear end, the motor just dies and you see black smoke out of the exhaust, maybe unburnt fuel ? I'm sure Jim will chime in sooner or later.
    Hope all is well but looks like it might be getting ride back to socal
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

I'm in northern Michigan on an ATV trip, I just got into an area with a 4G signal. I can not view the video says not embedded so I can not comment on whatever is on the video. Car is fine, I was actually supposed to head home from ATV trip last night to run at Byron today but weather forecast looked questionable so I stayed up here in Michigan an extra night.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I can not view the video says not embedded so I can not comment on whatever is on the video.
    Whomever recorded it set it so you have to watch it on youtube which is idiotic. Just use this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aivCyYKem3c

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Lol, I just watched video, on that pass car popped into neutral, it felt like something broke with the sudden lose of power and the way it back fired so I shut it down and pulled off. I have had the car pop into neutral a couple times, Weistec knew this was a problem and was developing urethane mounts which were installed on my car last week and I was going to test today. I am planning on going to Union Groves test and tune this Wednesday weather permitting. Car is not broken nor was it broken and I can post a video of the car running later today when I get home if anyone doubts me.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast