Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Any tuned C63's race a Black Series?

So I've tried searching to find some video, but have failed at my attempt.

Let's say I've got a tune, filters and charcoal delete mods on a 2010 C63 sedan. What are my chances at the track against the bone stock C63 BS?

I know there is a slight difference in torque and lightweight materials, but is that enough to win or would you say it would be a driver's race at that point?

Also, let's say I added headers, mids and x-pipe. How would that change the race?

I'm just looking at different scenarios because until I saw that video with the C63 BS coming in right after the LZ1 I was a little disappointed. I would have liked to have seen our C63 kicking ass and taking names. I know we can't beat everyone, but I can dream. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you talking about the 1/4 mile or a road course ??
    You would need tune/headers to keep up with the C BS at the drags and you would never keep up with it on a road course unless you did significant cooling mods (steering, trans, oil and rear dif).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63 Click here to enlarge
    Let's say I've got a tune, filters and charcoal delete mods on a 2010 C63 sedan. What are my chances at the track against the bone stock C63 BS?

I know there is a slight difference in torque and lightweight materials, but is that enough to win or would you say it would be a driver's race at that point?

Also, let's say I added headers, mids and x-pipe. How would that change the race?

I'm just looking at different scenarios because until I saw that video with the C63 BS coming in right after the LZ1 I was a little disappointed. I would have liked to have seen our C63 kicking ass and taking names. I know we can't beat everyone, but I can dream. Click here to enlarge
    At the dragstrap, a tuned, filter, cd C63 will probably beat a stock C63 BS. At a road course, the C BS would put a good spankin' on the tuned, filter, cd C63. This is assuming driver mod is the same. A pro racer in a stock C63 (stock power level) would whoop a novice driver in a C BS.

You should be proud the C BS came in so close to the ZL1. The ZL1 has a 70 bhp advantage over the C BS. Plus, it has like a 80-90 torque advantage. And it only weighs a couple hundred pounds or so more than the C BS.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Are you talking about the 1/4 mile or a road course ??
    You would need tune/headers to keep up with the C BS at the drags and you would never keep up with it on a road course unless you did significant cooling mods (steering, trans, oil and rear dif).
    Tune/headers C63 is approximately 7/10-8/10's quicker than a C BS at the drag strip, in the same weather.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've got a stock C63 Black Series. I would be happy to run you to see how the two match up. I have not even removed charcoal filters yet, but mods will be coming very soon so if you want to do it we gotta do it soon.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    P.S. That video sucked, whomever was driving the Black Series was a chump, I ran mine with charcoals in place with under 500 miles on the car and went 11.91 in 90 degree temps.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    I've got a stock C63 Black Series. I would be happy to run you to see how the two match up. I have not even removed charcoal filters yet, but mods will be coming very soon so if you want to do it we gotta do it soon.
    I may need to get new tires before that race, but you're on. Click here to enlarge

I'm sure we can set something up before you mod yours. Not sure if I'll get the headers, mids and x-pipe before you mod though.

P.S. That video sucked, whomever was driving the Black Series was a chump, I ran mine with charcoals in place with under 500 miles on the car and went 11.91 in 90 degree temps.
    Yea, I was disappointed and thought it would have done better than that.

Oh well, as much as you're right Sonny, I still would have rather seen the C63 BS spank the Camaro.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's a great time! Congrats.

Would you mind sharing what your 60' was, and your trap? I'm really interested.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    That's a great time! Congrats.

Would you mind sharing what your 60' was, and your trap? I'm really interested.
    I do not recall my exact 60 ft times, they were nothing steller 1.7X range. I will have to see if the slips are in my hauler or trailer. I was not going for any type of records just wanted to see what it would do stock compared to my CLK BS when it was stock. The C was about 2/10th quicker than the CLK, I attribute this to it being a couple hundred pounds lighter than the CLK, increased torque and a couple more ponies than the stock CLK BS. The C BS track package tires are MUCH stickier than the Pirelli Corsas so I'm sure something was gained there as well. C BS pass was made in Sport Plus mode fully automatic shifts.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I do not recall my exact 60 ft times, they were nothing steller 1.7X range. I will have to see if the slips are in my hauler or trailer. I was not going for any type of records just wanted to see what it would do stock compared to my CLK BS when it was stock. The C was about 2/10th quicker than the CLK, I attribute this to it being a couple hundred pounds lighter than the CLK, increased torque and a couple more ponies than the stock CLK BS. The C BS track package tires are MUCH stickier than the Pirelli Corsas so I'm sure something was gained there as well. C BS pass was made in Sport Plus mode fully automatic shifts.
    Thank you! Very informative post.

No need to dig up the slip. The factors you described account for the great time that you got. I don't think I've heard of a M156 running that quick in stock form, so that's pretty awesome IMO. I'll admit, I pay really close attention to results for all of these cars, so your 11.91 run really stands out.

Getting in the 1.7's for 60' definitely helped. At the power level of a stock C 63 BS, that should get it in the 11.9's. So, good driving.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I lied, it was a 11.97 @ 117.4mph 1.81 60ft, I was shooting from the hip before, just looked at slip
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I lied, it was a 11.97 @ 117.4mph 1.81 60ft, I was shooting from the hip before, just looked at slip
    That's still an excellent run. I don't think anyone has matched that in a stock M156 at this point.

You got to figure that in 40 degree cooler weather, that trap is gonna be at least 119 mph.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thank you! Very informative post.

No need to dig up the slip. The factors you described account for the great time that you got. I don't think I've heard of a M156 running that quick in stock form, so that's pretty awesome IMO. I'll admit, I pay really close attention to results for all of these cars, so your 11.91 run really stands out.

Getting in the 1.7's for 60' definitely helped. At the power level of a stock C 63 BS, that should get it in the 11.9's. So, good driving.
    I don't think it's any kind of record. I'm pretty sure there were a couple guys that went 11.9 with their CLK BS's bone stock a few years ago. I would have to do some searching but I know somebody went sub 12 seconds.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think it's any kind of record. I'm pretty sure there were a couple guys that went 11.9 with their CLK BS's bone stock a few years ago. I would have to do some searching but I know somebody went sub 12 seconds.
    Interesting. You're probably right. Forget the record talk, it's still a great result to get sub 12's in stock form.

That said, I doubt the CLK BS's that you're talking about went sub 12's in 90 degrees.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's still an excellent run. I don't think anyone has matched that in a stock M156 at this point.

You got to figure that in 40 degree cooler weather, that trap is gonna be at least 119 mph.
    Cool, LOL, but I could care less about stock times to be honest. I would expect all the C BS's to be the quickest M156 cars, they are the lightest and make the most HP and TQ in bone stock form. AND THE STOCK TRACK PACKAGE TIRES ARE AWESOME!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cool, LOL, but I could care less about stock times to be honest. I would expect all the C BS's to be the quickest M156 cars, they are the lightest and make the most HP and TQ in bone stock form.
    You = 1000 bhp CLK BS

Me = 500 bhp C63 P31

So, you can see we have slightly different perspectives. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You = 1000 bhp CLK BS

Me = 500 bhp C63 P31

So, you can see we have slightly different perspectives. Click here to enlarge
    LOL, maybe that's it. I probably left some on the table with my 60ft time too, Loking back at my CLK stock slips i was capable of laying down 1.78 60's.With a btter launch I could proably go 11.90
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ....one more thing I forgot to mention, I was running a blend of 93 pump fuel and some MS109, not sure if it made a difference but I thought I should mention it. I had a 5 gallon drum in my trailer and said what the hell and put a couple gallons in the tank anoing with what was probably 2-3 gallons of 93 already in the tank.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL, maybe that's it. I probably left some on the table with my 60ft time too, Loking back at my CLK stock slips i was capable of laying down 1.78 60's.With a btter launch I could proably go 11.90
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ....one more thing I forgot to mention, I was running a blend of 93 pump fuel and some MS109, not sure if it made a difference but I thought I should mention it. I had a 5 gallon drum in my trailer and said what the hell and put a couple gallons in the tank anoing with what was probably 2-3 gallons of 93 already in the tank.
    My understanding is the stock timing maps are fairly aggressive. There should be some gain as you go up in octane. I think it's the best way to see how much is really in these motors.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My understanding is the stock timing maps are fairly aggressive. There should be some gain as you go up in octane. I think it's the best way to see how much is really in these motors.
    Truck just delivered 3 55 gallon drums of MS109 yesterday, maybe I will start running it in both cars, or at least a blend in the C until I get some more work done.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Truck just delivered 3 55 gallon drums of MS109 yesterday, maybe I will start running it in both cars, or at least a blend in the C until I get some more work done.
    That would be cool. I would be mindful of the O2 sensors, so maybe not go too high in octane. I don't know what the safe cut off is, so it would probably be good to ask @Weistec.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That would be cool. I would be mindful of the O2 sensors, so maybe not go too high in octane. I don't know what the safe cut off is, so it would probably be good to ask @Weistec.
    It's unleaded fuel, should not hurt sensors.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    True - from what I understand, the stock fuel maps and ability to advance timing are only good for octane up to about 94 and after that you are just wasting money. But I doubt you will run into any emissions related problems.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I honestly don't know. I've seen member _AMG_ say that he had some issues with his O2 sensors from running too high of unleaded octane.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    True - from what I understand, the stock fuel maps and ability to advance timing are only good for octane up to about 94 and after that you are just wasting money. But I doubt you will run into any emissions related problems.
    Makes sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast