Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Considering Forum Layout Restructuring

I have put some thought into this and I believe I have a better solution for the layout of the Chassis specific forums.

As we have it set up now, we are limiting ourselves a bit in our potential audience. For example, we have a forum for E46, E46, E9X, and then those forums are divided by prefixes. I think it might make more sense to have a forum for all 3 series, and then use the prefix to differentiate them: E21, E36, E46, E9X, etc.

This could be repeated for 5 series, 6 series, etc. It would make those sections much more active as well as allowing us to have many more cars, X bimmers, Z bimmers, etc. It would also mean endless life for those forums as when a new 3 or 5 comes out we just add a new prefix. It would also eliminate having empty forums, like an E21 forum that would get very little activity.

The downside? It would be more difficult to show parts specifically relating to exterior, suspension, or electronics. However, these posts are few and far between as is and if someone needs to find them they can use the search function just as people on other forums do.

What do you think? This would also allow use to create a forum specifically for tire and wheel discussion instead of having it split up as it is now. I think it is a great idea personally and will most likely be making the change but want to run it by everyone first.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

whatever, i just use the search-new posts anyway as its the easiest (do it on all forums-that im not banned from)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Completed a large part of the restructuring, take a look.

Still have to add the 7 series forum as well as clean up the 5 series forum but I much prefer this layout which allows us to cover many more cars as well as keep forums more active.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Makes sense to do it this way. I think you should have a link to the diff forums on top. Enumerated from 1 to 7 series after the BB Real Time Tab
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    Makes sense to do it this way. I think you should have a link to the diff forums on top. Enumerated from 1 to 7 series after the BB Real Time Tab
    BB Real Time isn't working right anyway so that is probably coming down. Adding Links for the different series at the top would feel too much like bpost but it is a good suggestion. Maybe by motor instead to differentiate? We'll see.