Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Cheaper in the long run to just do it all at once. The SLS with just the blower without doing internals I'm SURE would be more than enough power though.
    It's really the same price unless you somehow get a discount doing it all at once.

With the SLS having stronger internals, higher flowing heads, more aggressive cams, etc, I would see how far I could get with what it has already.

I mean the SLS750 with the 2.3 liter blower already gets into the 638 wheel horsepower range on 91 octane. With the 3.0 liter blower on race gas I think 7XX is realistic. That's not giving up much to the built motor setups even at a lower cost.

I would calculate out what the gains would be with stronger internals versus that and if it would be worth the motor build cost which is not cheap.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The SLS being a dual clutch transmission car will require a slightly different approach.

Why are you waiting until you see 1000 hp? I would say go with the 3.0 liter blower upgrade and see how you like that power. It will be more than enough for a while and then do a motor build when you want more. That way you can enjoy it in stages and get accustomed to the power. It's A LOT of power...
    Cheaper in the long run to just do it all at once. The SLS with just the blower without doing internals I'm SURE would be more than enough power though.
    Well, for me, there is never enough horsepower.But thats only my opinion. I want to see it getting it done in another car first, because I dont want to be the one for finding the problems about the 1000+hp package.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWD75 Click here to enlarge
    Well, for me, there is never enough horsepower.But thats only my opinion. I want to see it getting it done in another car first, because I dont want to be the one for finding the problems about the 1000+hp package.
    Technically they are already offering 1000 at the crank unless you mean at the wheels.

The issue will be seeing how the SLS drivetrain copes with it. I understand not wanting to be first. I also agree with you on there never being enough horsepower but do you always want to be the guinea pig? I've learned my lesson. Drawing the line at somewhere close to 900 crank with the stock internals isn't a bad thing when you will actually be able to enjoy it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Well, for me, there is never enough horsepower.
    That is kind of a false statement. Have you ever driven a car with 1000 hp or anywhere even close? You should rephrase your statement to say you can never have too much traction, be USSR all the home in the world is useless without traction. Ever break the tires loose at 130 MPH? 60 and 90mph roll instead are a handful on my car. Trust me there is a point where you an have too much hp.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That is kind of a false statement. Have you ever driven a car with 1000 hp or anywhere even close? You should rephrase your statement to say you can never have too much traction, be USSR all the home in the world is useless without traction. Ever break the tires loose at 130 MPH? 60 and 90mph roll instead are a handful on my car. Trust me there is a point where you an have too much hp.
    Thats why I said, "thats only my opinion". Yes I have owned,saw cars that had over 1000hp and I know that traction is a big issue. But I want my sls to be at least 1000hp if weistec can.Cause I already have other cars that can has less horsepower levels. So like I said it before, for me, there is never enough horsepower...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The costs of these blowers really make the new M157's with a tune and 630whp very attractive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

The costs of these blowers really make the new M157's with a tune and 630whp very attractive.
    True but the power delivery of the blower on the M156 is something else and something that needs to be experienced.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ Click here to enlarge
    since Steve is there and you are going to talk to him , why don't you ask him yourself about my car ? see what he tells you about my mods and my whp gains Click here to enlarge

ask him about the gain from the header switch . i want you to come back on here and post exactly what he told you . since you guys were the ones that had to have a dyno sheet , which i don't have , to prove my gains , i think asking Steve himself would be good enough for proof .
    No disrepect, but Im not going to meet with Weistec's Director of Operations to disuss issues about your carClick here to enlarge

I think we are more concerned about our carsClick here to enlarge

I'll be waiting for your results as you mwntioned that you will post when you get your car back!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

thanks for the replies guys. I really want to see some four digit numbers. So that I can start the build for my sls. If Weistec only needs to upgrade the clutch for 1000hp its not a big deal I guess Click here to enlarge But like jrcart said, how about the fuel system upgrades?
    At 837 RWHP and a 17% driveline loss, we have already passed 1,000 HP (837/(1-.17))=1,008 HP Click here to enlarge As far as other upgrades go, my suggestion is to speak to Weistec directly as to get the most accurate info as to what is required for your application.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    No disrepect, but Im not going to meet with Weistec's Director of Operations to disuss issues about your carClick here to enlarge

I think we are more concerned about our carsClick here to enlarge

I'll be waiting for your results as you mwntioned that you will post when you get your car back!
    so you are trying to tell me that all this time of you guys crying about me not providing a dyno sheet and that i am a b!tch , douchebag , pu$$y and f'ing liar about my claims.....you have the opportunity to ask the "Director of Operations" about my results and you don't want to disrespect me and ask about my car ????????????????????????

UN-F'ING-BELIEVABLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can't even believe i'm reading this Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so you are trying to tell me that all this time of you guys crying about me not providing a dyno sheet and that i am a b!tch , douchebag , pu$$y and f'ing liar about my claims.....you have the opportunity to ask the "Director of Operations" about my results and you don't want to disrespect me and ask about my car ????????????????????????

i can't even believe i'm reading this Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Hey, You made the claim. You back it up. Steven and Weistec are not responsible for what you say or what you claim.They didnt make all the claims. YOU DID. So either provide a proof or $#@! up. I'm not going to ask him and her about your car...looooool

yes I am intrested in seeing the gains, but not that intrestedClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    Hey, You made the claim. You back it up. Steven and Weistec are not responsible for what you say or what you claim.They didnt make all the claims. YOU DID. So either provide a proof or $#@! up. I'm not going to ask him and her about your car...looooool

yes I am intrested in seeing the gains, but not that intrestedClick here to enlarge
    1) how much more proof do you need than asking the guy that dynoed the car and talked about the results after Dynocomp did their thing ????????

2) not that interested ???????? Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

i feel like i'm in an episode of the Twilight Zone Click here to enlarge

the ignore function is officially on after reading this..............WOW !!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the ignore function is officially on after reading this..............WOW !!!
    Ignore lists are public and shown on users profiles, this is yours: Ignored Users: Sirex63, SLS AMG, Jacob502

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ignore lists are public and shown on users profiles, this is yours: Ignored Users: Sirex63, SLS AMG, Jacob502
    i know....it's been on but wanted to see what SLS still had to say . after reading this last bit from him , i am not sure i ever want to see anything from them again . they have to be the most confusing people i have ever dealt with Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

WOW - what a $#@!ing idiot. After all the $#@!ing and moaning, calling you a liar etc....Now he has the opportunity to hear the truth from the horses mouth and he says he won't ask ??? Just goes to show you what kind of a person he really is. But, you made the claims so you need to back them up....LOL. Didn't they go out of their way to contact Dynocomp, post on their facebook page and even call them about your claims ??? Now they have Steve sitting in front of them and they've lost interest ???
    Sounds to me like they aren't prepared to hear the truth and eat crow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    WOW - what a $#@!ing idiot. After all the $#@!ing and moaning, calling you a liar etc....Now he has the opportunity to hear the truth from the horses mouth and he says he won't ask ??? Just goes to show you what kind of a person he really is. But, you made the claims so you need to back them up....LOL. Didn't they go out of their way to contact Dynocomp, post on their facebook page and even call them about your claims ??? Now they have Steve sitting in front of them and they've lost interest ???
    Sounds to me like they aren't prepared to hear the truth and eat crow.
    they remind me of this commercial . even with the proof right in front of them , they still won't believe it .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah, but the only difference is they are not "men".

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    they remind me of this commercial . even with the proof right in front of them , they still won't believe it .
    looooool. Steve did not dyno the car. Dynocomp did. thats why we asked them. They did not give us any info and told us you had all the dynosheets. Now I just want to know, why is it so hard for you to post your result? why?

I'll tell you, because you dont have the results. Never did, never will. all you have is "He sais, she said". Have fun

hey whats up with your youtube videos. Looks like your spending your time with some POSITIVE stuff...looool
    at least I watch car and race related stuff, not some homo videos...loooool

you got issued dude

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

0 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by SLS AMG is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 6 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by LZH is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

This post by LZH is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

This post by SLS AMG is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terms of use:
    By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
    I was looking forward to an SLS build up but this has turned into yet another pi$$ing contest.

Joe - please enforce your terms of use.

I am under no illusions and realise the forum is much bigger than me so please email me when you have taken a position as I would like to come back as I feel I have something to contribute.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    It will take more than just plopping on a 3.0L blower on an SLS to get the kind of numbers Earl and I are making. The HP rating will obviously vary depending on what pulley they run, Earl and I are not even running the smallest size pulley, there is still more on the table for us when we get traction issues addressed. 1000 hp will require fuel pump mods, fuel line mods, fuel injector mods, breather mods etc. One good thing about the SLS is their valve covers were almost designed with a big blower in mind, Earl and I now run SLS valve covers with some light modification to the breather valve. I also want to mention that the Wesitec forged internals are better and stronger than the factory P31 and SLS stuff. I also think the Wweistec heads flow better than the stock SLS heads. Bottom line if someone with an SLS goes as extreme as Earl and I it should beat our cars pretty easliy but if they cut any corners and don't want to go quite as extreme as us I don't think it would be a fair comparison, the CLK's would win hands down.
    Good post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Terms of use:
    By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
    I was looking forward to an SLS build up but this has turned into yet another pi$$ing contest.

Joe - please enforce your terms of use.

I am under no illusions and realise the forum is much bigger than me so please email me when you have taken a position as I would like to come back as I feel I have something to contribute.
    Enforced, posts are hidden, what do you mean?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast