Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Ah, missed that thread.
    So what HP are they aiming for with a 3.0L compressor?
    Seeing as how the only 3.0l superchargers are on Jim and Earls cars...I'd expect 1000hp? Especially since this is the M159 and those guys are running the M156. I'm wondering how the tranny in the SLS will handle it though?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Seeing as how the only 3.0l superchargers are on Jim and Earls cars...I'd expect 1000hp? Especially since this is the M159 and those guys are running the M156. I'm wondering how the tranny in the SLS will handle it though?
    Let's see if this even happens first.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is it a 3.0L blower for the stage 3 applications or 3.3L?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    The one I am getting is a 3.0L although Weistec doesn't use the term stage 3 at all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    3.0L blower - there is no 3.3L that I am aware of.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    built motor+3.0l supercharger. It is a nice combo to have some fun. Even though horsepower #s are increasing. I havent seen any updates on the powertrain like axles, shaft, transmission and so on?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AWD75 Click here to enlarge
    built motor+3.0l supercharger. It is a nice combo to have some fun. Even though horsepower #s are increasing. I havent seen any updates on the powertrain like axles, shaft, transmission and so on?
    Weistec has custom axles and CF driveshaft for high HP applications. But AFAIK these are only for the M156 platform.

http://www.weistec.com/m156.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The 3.0L that my brother and I will be using (which is the same as Earl's and Jim) wont require the engine build. The blowers that Jim and Earl are using are both runing I believe on ~17psi boost. Jacob in his M156 SL63 will be runing on lower boost, which wont require the engine build, though he will be required to get the transmission upgrade on his MCT .Steven from Weistec is currently in the Middle-East in the UAE. We are going to meet him this Thursady.

Both Jacob and I will put more horsepower to the wheels than stage 1+, Weistec havent really named this particular stage yet, but they will come out with a press release really soon.

Again, both Jacob and I will be runing on lower boost than the optimum. This upgrade also comes with the fuel system and valvetrain upgrade.

It is an option from Weistec that will be realesed pretty soon. If we somehow in the future wanted more boost for a 1000 HP engine, we would be required to get the engine build.

@George Smooth, for the Power I will be getting on my SLS I wont be required to get the tranny uprade, as the transmission on the SLS is very powerful from factory. However, for the 1000HP upgrade, the clutchs need to be upgraded.

Thats all I can say for now, I will start a thread on mbworld pretty soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    The 3.0L that my brother and I will be using (which is the same as Earl's and Jim) wont require the engine build. The blowers that Jim and Earl are using are both runing I believe on ~17psi boost. Jacob in his M156 SL63 will be runing on lower boost, which wont require the engine build, though he will be required to get the transmission upgrade on his MCT .Steven from Weistec is currently in the Middle-East in the UAE. We are going to meet him this Thursady.

Both Jacob and I will put more horsepower to the wheels than stage 1+, Weistec havent really named this particular stage yet, but they will come out with a press release really soon.

Again, both Jacob and I will be runing on lower boost than the optimum. This upgrade also comes with the fuel system and valvetrain upgrade.

It is an option from Weistec that will be realesed pretty soon. If we somehow in the future wanted more boost for a 1000 HP engine, we would be required to get the engine build.

@George Smooth , for the Power I will be getting on my SLS I wont be required to get the tranny uprade, as the transmission on the SLS is very powerful from factory. However, for the 1000HP upgrade, the clutchs need to be upgraded.

If you are not going to be posting the build here, then why do you continue to post here at all ?
    Last edited by LZH; 08-27-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

If you are not going to be posting the build there here, then why do you continue to post here at all ?
    I'm only replying to George.

Every time I start a thread it gets ruined by trolls like you who dont mind thier own business.

I will not start a very positive thread that will turn into a mess.

Have fun trolling

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They got everything covered. I just had my tranny done by them. It's like a one stop shop for anything M156 related.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm only replying to George.

Every time I start a thread it gets ruined by trolls like you who dont mind thier own business.

I will not start a very positive thread that will turn into a mess.

Have fun trolling
    You do realize that you are posting in a PUBLIC forum, right ? If you wanted to reply to George only then you could have sent a PM - you're good at those lol.

Almost every time you start a thread here it's usually something lame that doesn't appeal to the membership hence the negative comments and rep that you receive. Or, has that not sunk in for you yet ? Something tells me you just like the attention, cause this is the second time you've mentioned your build and the fact that you will not be posting details about it here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    The one I am getting is a 3.0L although Weistec doesn't use the term stage 3 at all.
    Oh, okay. Thanks.

The reason I asked was because I was looking on Lysholm's website and they have a 3.3L blower option. But, I also noticed that they can pretty much make any size necessary.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    3.0L blower - there is no 3.3L that I am aware of.
    See post above ^

Here's link: http://www.lysholm.us/_3300ax.php

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You do realize that you are posting in a PUBLIC forum, right ? If you wanted to reply to George only then you could have sent a PM - you're good at those lol.

Almost every time you start a thread here it's usually something lame that doesn't appeal to the membership hence the negative comments and rep that you receive. Or, has that not sunk in for you yet ? Something tells me you just like the attention, cause this is the second time you've mentioned your build and the fact that you will not be posting details about it here.
    loooool

I'm leaving all the positive threads for youClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh, okay. Thanks.

The reason I asked was because I was looking on Lysholm's website and they have a 3.3L blower option. But, I also noticed that they can pretty much make any size necessary.
    I saw that as well. I was originally paranoid when I committed that I wouldn't be satisfied with the 800 odd whp offered now but it seems the 3.0L has quite some meat left on the table making that power at only 17 odd psi. It must be a custom charger made for Weistec though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    I saw that as well. I was originally paranoid when I committed that I wouldn't be satisfied with the 800 odd whp offered now but it seems the 3.0L has quite some meat left on the table making that power at only 17 odd psi. It must be a custom charger made for Weistec though.
    Yes, plenty of potential to make big power with that blower on these engines.

Those pictures of the SLS setup look amazing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    http://www.benzboost.com/content.php...ber-Driveshaft

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

@George Smooth , for the Power I will be getting on my SLS I wont be required to get the tranny uprade, as the transmission on the SLS is very powerful from factory. However, for the 1000HP upgrade, the clutchs need to be upgraded.

So all this works out to is simply going to to the 3.0 liter blower. Not a custom motor build or anything of that sort for the SLS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

It will take more than just plopping on a 3.0L blower on an SLS to get the kind of numbers Earl and I are making. The HP rating will obviously vary depending on what pulley they run, Earl and I are not even running the smallest size pulley, there is still more on the table for us when we get traction issues addressed. 1000 hp will require fuel pump mods, fuel line mods, fuel injector mods, breather mods etc. One good thing about the SLS is their valve covers were almost designed with a big blower in mind, Earl and I now run SLS valve covers with some light modification to the breather valve. I also want to mention that the Wesitec forged internals are better and stronger than the factory P31 and SLS stuff. I also think the Wweistec heads flow better than the stock SLS heads. Bottom line if someone with an SLS goes as extreme as Earl and I it should beat our cars pretty easliy but if they cut any corners and don't want to go quite as extreme as us I don't think it would be a fair comparison, the CLK's would win hands down.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    So all this works out to is simply going to to the 3.0 liter blower. Not a custom motor build or anything of that sort for the SLS.
    As well as for the M156 by running with lower boost. If we wish to increase the boost to 17psi, an engine build is required

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    As well as for the M156 by running with lower boost. If we wish to increase the boost to 17psi, an engine build is required
    since Steve is there and you are going to talk to him , why don't you ask him yourself about my car ? see what he tells you about my mods and my whp gains Click here to enlarge

ask him about the gain from the header switch . i want you to come back on here and post exactly what he told you . since you guys were the ones that had to have a dyno sheet , which i don't have , to prove my gains , i think asking Steve himself would be good enough for proof .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thanks for the replies guys. I really want to see some four digit numbers. So that I can start the build for my sls. If Weistec only needs to upgrade the clutch for 1000hp its not a big deal I guess Click here to enlarge But like jrcart said, how about the fuel system upgrades?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thanks for the replies guys. I really want to see some four digit numbers. So that I can start the build for my sls. If Weistec only needs to upgrade the clutch for 1000hp its not a big deal I guess Click here to enlarge But like jrcart said, how about the fuel system upgrades?
    The SLS being a dual clutch transmission car will require a slightly different approach.

Why are you waiting until you see 1000 hp? I would say go with the 3.0 liter blower upgrade and see how you like that power. It will be more than enough for a while and then do a motor build when you want more. That way you can enjoy it in stages and get accustomed to the power. It's A LOT of power...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Cheaper in the long run to just do it all at once. The SLS with just the blower without doing internals I'm SURE would be more than enough power though.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast