Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

New footage of "police massacre" in South Africa

I have been traveling the past month have been following the news reports of what they call a massacre that occurred at a Platinum mine in South Africa.
    Long story short a illegal strike started. Two unions are trying to take control of the mine workers. The one group of 3000 gathered on a hill armed to the teeth with spears and machetes. Witch doctors apparently gave them the special stuff to make them invincible to police. In the days that past 10 people where brutally killed including 2 security guards and 2 police men.
    On the said day of the massacre the group of armed thugs headed down the hill towards the police barrier. All hell broke loose as they approached. Luckily a camera in the video below caught someone firing at the police with a weapon.

Here is a news report of the day when the event just occured. At 1:30 it shows the footage from another angle where the police are stormed.

A pic of the zombies. In interviews of the injured it turns out they really thought they where invincible.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Absolute insanity.

With doctor gave them something to protect form police? Hope it was a bullet proof vest.

Sad situation, 34 dead, but they did shoot at the police.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How long do you think it will be before an angry drugged up mob assaults toward a police barricade?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    How long do you think it will be before an angry drugged up mob assaults toward a police barricade?
    Crowd control is such a difficult task and people these days are on edge.
    A lot of South Africans feel relieved the police used the force they did. Gives you a certain sense of security.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    A lot of South Africans feel relieved the police used the force they did. Gives you a certain sense of security.
    Interesting perspective.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have now heard it all. Article from News24.com

Johannesburg - Mineworkers at Lonmin's Marikana mine believe the killing of a rabbit was the reason the shooting happened, according to a report on Saturday.

The surviving mineworkers claimed that the medicine man who was alleged to have told them his muti would make them invincible had warned them not to kill the rabbit, the Saturday Star reported.

"The traditional healer warned all of us several times on the day not to kill the rabbit but some among us decided to chase it around the hill and killed it," mineworker Khabo Khabo told the newspaper.

"I still honestly believe that if it wasn't for the healer far more lives would have been lost on the day. If we had let the rabbit free all of the dead would still be alive," Khabo said.

A worker at the memorial service, held at the mine earlier this week, agreed.

Last Thursday, a total of 34 people were killed in a shooting near the mine when police tried to disperse striking miners. More than 70 people were injured.

The medicine man had reportedly promised the workers that police guns would malfunction when they faced them if they followed his instructions and took his muti.

Police video footage taken from a helicopter before the shooting showed the medicine man performing rituals as workers stripped naked before him in long queues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The surviving mineworkers claimed that the medicine man who was alleged to have told them his muti would make them invincible had warned them not to kill the rabbit
    These people have the mentality of 5 year olds or what?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

The medicine man had reportedly promised the workers that police guns would malfunction when they faced them if they followed his instructions and took his muti.

Police video footage taken from a helicopter before the shooting showed the medicine man performing rituals as workers stripped naked before him in long queues.
    So ridiculous almost it's funny. Do people still believe in such nonsense?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds more like a cult than anything. Police guns will all malfunction...yeah, all of them...at the same time LOL. Hey, and pass that thing around I didn't get a hit yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In South Africa most Native African Cultures have the wierdest beliefs and traditions. It might sound funny but its true and the majority of the countries population have one wierd belief or other similar to this nature.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Sounds more like a cult than anything. Police guns will all malfunction...yeah, all of them...at the same time LOL. Hey, and pass that thing around I didn't get a hit yet.
    I don't think there is anything that can be smoked that will just instantly make you a retard that believes something that absurdly stupid.

Seriously, all this over a rabbit? If it was this rabbit, I understand:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In South Africa most Native African Cultures have the wierdest beliefs and traditions. It might sound funny but its true and the majority of the countries population have one wierd belief or other similar to this nature.
    Isn't it about time to move on from witchcraft?