Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

crosspost: Cobb FBO+meth 135i vs turbo RSX type S vs turbo B series EG hatch

OK, guys. Here's a little backstory that's kind of important. This race is right after the type S and EG raced an e46 M3. The guy in the M3 approached us in a parking lot and immediately began running his mouth to the guys in the Honda and type s. He asked the guy in the Honda to pop his hood and started talking trash about the engine in his M3 costing more than the whole car. This kind of talk didn't set well with anyone and we were a short distance from Mexico so went to have some fun. The EG has a B18 sleeved and bored to 2.0 with fully forged bottom end, fully built head/valve train and PT76 turbo tuned by Chris Miller at CNC Dynamics and made ~505@21PSI on a dynojet. The type S is a stock K20 on 16psi and made 420whp on a dynojet. The guys went three wide with the M3 and proceeded to suck his head lights out like he was in reverse. Immediately after the run the M3 ducked off the interstate and i figured what the hell.

The first run was from ~30mph and in 2nd gear the hatch just smoked the tires and went straight to redline and had to let out. Me and type S had a great run and I edged out by maybe half a car. The 2nd run was from a higher roll and i fell asleep a little on the 3rd honk and the type S jumped ahead a little and i was inching back but didn't have enough time. The hatch caught traction and booked.

I'm FBO+meth running my own ATR meth map that made 404whp/460rwtq on a dynocom dyno.

Hopefully I'll have some videos in the near future of some seriously fast forced induction V8s
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

lol race honda's Click here to enlarge

i didn't watch the video. But an EG with 505whp is ridiculous.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    lol race honda's Click here to enlarge

i didn't watch the video. But an EG with 505whp is ridiculous.
    No joke, ~500whp in a 2,300lb car w/ driver is insane. On street tires it's actually usually faster at 10psi than 21psi. There's just not enough rubber to stuff under the front end of an EG to hold that much power and it's very rare that the guy can actually stay in the throttle. On 10psi it's in the low 400hp range and hooks up relatively well.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

No kidding, used to run 255/40/17 bfg drags on the front, still spun. Ever tried to make a u-turn in a civic with 255/40/17's on the front?! 27 point turn.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    No kidding, used to run 255/40/17 bfg drags on the front, still spun. Ever tried to make a u-turn in a civic with 255/40/17's on the front?! 27 point turn.
    255 is probably was big as you can go with the stock EG front end, wasn't it?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

I knew some guys that would run 275/50/15 drag radials, but thats equivalent to a 26" tall tire. Thats about as big as i have ever seen and looked riduculous, but they were hooking up pretty good from 2nd gear rolls with 600+whp and 800whp in higher gears at full boost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Boost per gear is a necessity for anything near those power levels and FWD, hell even RWD. My buddy is currently wiring up the eboost per gear controller for his single turbo LS build.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    He asked the guy in the Honda to pop his hood and started talking trash about the engine in his M3 costing more than the whole car.
    I like this dudes style. You better be able to back up your talk though so you don't have to go running away with your tail between your legs.

Thanks for the vid, hard to tell what is going on though and who is who.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I like this dudes style. You better be able to back up your talk though so you don't have to go running away with your tail between your legs.

Thanks for the vid, hard to tell what is going on though and who is who.
    I don't like anyones attitude that assumes because his car had a high sticker price it's automatically faster. The fastest street cars normally are on the cheaper side with the money spent in more beneficial areas than ///M badges.

Yeah the video isn't great, unfortunately I didn't plan on getting a run in but when the M3 ducked out and there was some interstate left to play we got a couple quick runs in. The camera was mounted on the helmet of a guy following riding a 636 IIRC.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    I don't like anyones attitude that assumes because his car had a high sticker price it's automatically faster.
    That is naive and ignorant. Talking $#@! and backing it up is a whole different thing though. Sounds like the dude didn't know his $#@!.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yeah the guy mustn't have known anything about cars. He seen under the hood and still seemed unsure if it was turbocharged or not. Believe me, the turbo isn't exactly hidden.
    Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by rader1; 08-21-2012 at 01:48 PM.
    Click here to enlarge