Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Post VAC Motorsports | Forgeline GA1R Concave

Click here to enlarge

About Forgeline:
    Forgeline Motorsports manufactures the world's finest custom-made high-performance lightweight forged aluminum street and racing wheels for the most discerning enthusiasts and the most demanding applications.

For over 20 years, Forgeline has applied their racing experience and passion for motorsports toward designing and building wheels that can withstand the extreme demands of sports car racing. With an unwavering commitment to strength and safety, Forgeline has earned a spot on some of the world's fastest race cars, including those in Grand-Am, American LeMans, SCCA Pro Racing, and virtually every amateur racing series in America.

Every Forgeline wheel is engineered using computer-simulated finite element analysis and tested beyond SAE standards using real-world load variables to ensure strength, safety, and performance. Innovative features like I-beamed spokes, hidden titanium ARP fasteners, meticulously-engineered centers, and complex manufacturing techniques (like those found in our flagship three-piece competition wheel, the GA3R) ensure that Forgeline wheels are strong, fast, and stunning.

Forgeline wheels are machined from heat-treated 6061-T6 aluminum that is forged on a 6000-ton hydraulic press. This forging process aligns the grain structure, reduces porosity, and increases uniformity in the material, creating the highest strength-to-weight ratios and the most consistent quality. On average, our forgings are 40% stronger than cast aluminum.

Forgeline's own in-house manufacturing and engineering capabilities also provide unmatched flexibility when it comes to vehicle fitments, wheel sizing, and custom finish options.

Concave Series: Since performance/strength/weight are of utmost concern to the engineers at Forgeline, they took special caution to develop a concave wheel line that does not make any sacrifices. These are lightweight wheels engineered for performance - period.

GA1R
    Click here to enlarge

The Forgeline GA1R is a fully-forged one-piece monoblock wheel that utilizes much of the technology and design of the very successful GA3R racing wheel, including "I-beamed" spoke technology. The concave design of the GA1R not only looks great, but allows plenty of room for caliper clearance and extreme brake fitment, while the one-piece monoblock forging and I-beamed spoke design yield a wheel that is extremely stiff with fatigue strength equal to the proven GA3R. And yet despite the strength and stiffness, for most applications and sizes, it also delivers a high-performance weight reduction - making it perfect for motorsports and racing applications or the discerning street enthusiast who demands the ultimate in performance capability!

The GA1R is designed for racing. It is engineered with a 2100 lb. street-tire load rating (per wheel) to ensure strength and integrity, even when subjected to the massive loads encountered on the stickiest race tires. The GA1R is produced using traditional forging method from 6061-T6 aluminum.

Diameters Available: 18, 19 and 20-inch
    Width: up to 14" wide
    Offsets: infinite
    Finishes: pretty much infinite, you dream it, they can make it

-One-Piece Monoblock Design
    -Concave Profile
    -I-Beamed Spoke Technology
    -Extreme Stiffness
    -Extreme Fatigue Strength
    -2100 lb. Street-Tire Load Rating (per wheel)
    -Lightweight (19x11 = 21lbs)
    -Incredible Brake Clearance
    -Includes Standard Aluminum Center Cap

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Please contact me for pricing, fitment and finish options!
    Last edited by Mike@VAC; 08-21-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

OH MAN THAT LOOKS AWESOME! I think I just found my next set of wheels! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Yes, on a black car they are SICK. You will see a set Saturday ;-)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

whats the weight for 18x9.5 22et
    ground control coilovers/wavetrac lsd/ full m3 suspension/delrin bushings/ megan racing toe and camber arms/bmw oem performance carbon fiber front lip and rear deck spoiler/m3 strut brace/ecs SS brakelines/CPE dci's, charge pipe, catless dp, fmic/bms OCC/tuningtechfs custom tune/defiv diff lockdownkit,rbpcv valve.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

@akh23456

Ithink these would look sick on yours too

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Tres, Ill let you know Mon. For reference 19x11 = 21lbs. These are properly engineered forged wheels.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

That is a really lightweight 19 inch... can't really get any lighter.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

AND they look great! cosmetically, I said I wont leave a 5 spoke, but these look amazing. Add to that 21#'s for bigger than what I have now, figure, 20#s for the front in a staggered setup, I'd be dropping 4 or 5 lbs rear, and 5-6 lbs front.

I remember feeling an instant change in acceleration and steering when i put lighter wheels on the 335 for track days.

Best of both worlds right here. I think seeing them next weekend in person may just be too much for me to resist...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

As some of you guys know, we never pushed wheels other than BBS (premium and expensive) and APEX (great and inexpensive) I've been the the track a lot this year and I can't help but trip over Forgeline wheels on BMWs, Porsches and Vettes. I make a point to ask owners about their wheels and they are all very happy. No drama, they are light, super strong and can be made to any spec. This brand is proven on the race track so I feel confident pushing it. I'm a huge fan of this finish, it has a ton of character - something often missing on cookie cutter BMW builds. I understand its a love/hate finish, so we will see how people like it at Bimmerfest Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

They have a lot of styles, but the concave series is really killing it. Oh, center lock conversion is available too - more on that soon Click here to enlarge These concave series wheels are not monoblock, but absolutely awesome. You dream it, we can make it.
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Mike@VAC; 08-19-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

wow those are light cant wait for sat

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
    Tres, Ill let you know Mon. For reference 19x11 = 21lbs. These are properly engineered forged wheels.
    ground control coilovers/wavetrac lsd/ full m3 suspension/delrin bushings/ megan racing toe and camber arms/bmw oem performance carbon fiber front lip and rear deck spoiler/m3 strut brace/ecs SS brakelines/CPE dci's, charge pipe, catless dp, fmic/bms OCC/tuningtechfs custom tune/defiv diff lockdownkit,rbpcv valve.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

These wheels are $1250 a piece according to their website SO i guess i would need a sponsor lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

these look sweet. hmmm
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TRES Click here to enlarge
    These wheels are $1250 a piece according to their website SO i guess i would need a sponsor lol
    Look at the price of monoblock HREs and compare. These come in a lot cheaper and there are way more Forgelines on race cars than HREs. Not knocking HRE, they make amazing wheels too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I know a few sponsor cars that use them and I know turner motorsports use them also. They are top notch wheels

They are amazing I know turner motorsports use them and I know the revo sport 1m car uses them also

Look at the price of monoblock HREs and compare. These come in a lot cheaper and there are way more Forgelines on race cars than HREs. Not knocking HRE, they make amazing wheels too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

These are awesome! LM, they would look so good on your car. Nice and lightweight too...
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

As some of you guys know, we never pushed wheels other than BBS (premium and expensive) and APEX (great and inexpensive) I've been the the track a lot this year and I can't help but trip over Forgeline wheels on BMWs, Porsches and Vettes. I make a point to ask owners about their wheels and they are all very happy. No drama, they are light, super strong and can be made to any spec. This brand is proven on the race track so I feel confident pushing it. I'm a huge fan of this finish, it has a ton of character - something often missing on cookie cutter BMW builds. I understand its a love/hate finish, so we will see how people like it at Bimmerfest Click here to enlarge
    They have a lot of styles, but the concave series is really killing it. Oh, center lock conversion is available too - more on that soon http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/smilies/icon/wink.gif These concave series wheels are not monoblock, but absolutely awesome. You dream it, we can make it.
    http://www.vwboost.com/images/import...image496-1.jpg
    These and the wheels in the OP are absolutely sick!
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Forgelines are way nicer than I thought. Priced well, light, nice choice...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Damn. Half a year too late, or I would have bought these for sure.
    I've blown my wheels budget now...
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

HOT!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Very very very nice!
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Love them . . . but then you would see my ugly a** brakes. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by El Duce Click here to enlarge
    Love them . . . but then you would see my ugly a** brakes. Click here to enlarge
    So upgrade those too!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast