Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Some Xbox 720 news

Xbox 720 to be called Xbox Infinity?

Microsoft recently went on a domain name shopping spree, snapping up a whole bunch of Xbox-related URLs. One of them, and the one that immediately catches the eye, is Xbox8.com. Could this mean that the next Xbox could be called the Xbox Infinity? It's just speculation at the moment, but it's possible!
    Xbox 720 to pack Blu-ray and DVR features?

A document that leaked in June 2012 indicates that the Xbox 720 will come packing 1080p 3D support, Blu-ray player and DVR functionality. This would indicate that Microsoft is trying to position the Xbox 720 as the single does-it-all set-top box in your living room.

Will Microsoft kill the second-hand games market?

There have been rumours cicrulating that the new Xbox console will feature a system aimed at preventing owners playing used games. That would mean no trading-in of old titles in order to fund the purchase of new ones - a move that would not be warmly received by gamers or highstreet store.
    The rumours centre around the concept of the new Xbox demanding an always-on internet connection. That sounds like a horrifying idea to us say it ain't so!
    The Xbox 720 release date

All indications are that the next Xbox will arrive in time for Christmas 2013. Microsoft briefly stated that the new Xbox is imminent in an interview with the Verge before swiftly backtracking and issuing a moderately embarrassing denial.
    How much will Xbox 720 cost?

That leaked document we mentioned earlier mentions a $299 (190) price point which soundsd gloriously ambitious to us. Expect it to cost a bit more than that but assuming the PS4 launches around the same time, expect some competitive pricing.

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming...rumours-937167
    World Fastest (NA) SLS AMG in a Standing 1/2 Mile
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Qatar Mile- NOV, 30th 2013
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Better not require an internet connection at all times.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Better not require an internet connection at all times.
    Or prohibit used game play. How would it determine what is used versus a rental versus a friend bringing a title over for a party? Microsoft is the devil.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    Or prohibit used game play. How would it determine what is used versus a rental versus a friend bringing a title over for a party? Microsoft is the devil.
    Hopefully that won't happen. But the big game developers mainly EA are pushing both Sony and Microsoft to have a game registration on their systems. It will come free with new games, but will have to buy a new code if you get a used already activated game.
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scourge82 Click here to enlarge
    Hopefully that won't happen. But the big game developers mainly EA are pushing both Sony and Microsoft to have a game registration on their systems. It will come free with new games, but will have to buy a new code if you get a used already activated game.
    I hope they don't implement that. What if for example you take your own game and want to play it on your friend's xbox or PS?
    World Fastest (NA) SLS AMG in a Standing 1/2 Mile
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Qatar Mile- NOV, 30th 2013
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    I hope they don't implement that. What if for example you take your own game and want to play it on your friend's xbox or PS?
    If you use your own gamertag it should work.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scourge82 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    its already implemented, i bought battlefield 3 used, couldnt get online unless i payed 800 or something microsoft points for the "registration code" since i wasnt the original owner, and to top it all off the game sucked!!!!!!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yzracerx Click here to enlarge
    its already implemented, i bought battlefield 3 used, couldnt get online unless i payed 800 or something microsoft points for the "registration code" since i wasnt the original owner, and to top it all off the game sucked!!!!!!!!!
    Ya they are doing online passes with some games. This is something developers implemented to take a chunk out of the used market.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yzracerx Click here to enlarge
    The more I think about this, the more I believe it should be illegal.

When I go to the store and purchase a game, it becomes my copy, to do with as I please as long as I do not violate copyright laws. I can play the game for a decade, I can use the disc as a coaster, I can give it or sell it to a friend, or to a reseller. Whatever. The publisher got their revenue from the sale. That's all they get.

The idea that a game publisher can charge someone before they can play a game that they have acquired via legal means is absurd. It goes against all notions of private property. In this model, I'm not really buying the game, am I? I'm leasing it. Fine - then I'll pay $.50 per play, or $2.95 a month. If I give you $60 to $#@!ing buy the game, it's mine.

Imagine if BMW added a surcharge to re-enable the key fobs if you sell your car privately. Or if the builder of your house charged $300 to re-key the house, even if you hand over all keys to the buyers at closing. This is a $#@!ing scam.

/libertarianrant
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Imagine if BMW added a surcharge to re-enable the key fobs if you sell your car privately
    Don't say this out loud because they will probably do it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I think they just hoard a bunch of domains so that eventually, no other potential sites that may come up in the future appear to be official.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

The big controversy already with the next two major consoles is will they be producing tangible games anymore, or just downloadable content? It would ruin things for many. Game shops, rentals, kids who play at a friend's house,..etc. It's a big possibility. I'm sure the game developers would hope for it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

So, the next Playstation generation won't hit the market before 2016!!

I hope MS grabs the opportunity (again, as with the 360 vs PS3 launch) and debuts the 720 (xbox 8 - infinity) sooner.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    I guess they are bundling GT6 with it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge

I hope MS grabs the opportunity (again, as with the 360 vs PS3 launch) and debuts the 720 (xbox 8 - infinity) sooner.
    They will. Sony is reeling.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

I guess they are bundling GT6 with it.
    That won't be out until 2026

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge