Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weistec S/C C63 AMG vs Ported Blower 03' Cobra

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Weistec S/C C63 AMG vs Ported Blower 03' Cobra

A good vid I came across..

Run 1 looks like the C63 hits his rev limiter, but talk about a walk down! Run 2 is clean.

Gotta love the sound of a boosted M156 Click here to enlarge

-TZ

E60 M5 SMG - Sapphire Black exterior, Black interior, Full leather, Ventilated comfort seats, Aluminum trim, Alcantara Headliner, Matte Black front/side grills, 20% window tint, Plasti Dipped Black Wheels, Hardwired 9500ix, RPI scoops(Red), Block off plates, BMC filters (c/f delete), Evolve-R Stage 2 Tune, Muffler & Secondary Cat Delete

P500s S6 DSC OFF- ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.. Unless it's wet out
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

oof.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)

Thats exactly why I jumped to the Vette... The Termi doesnt have top end legs and extended top end pulls make motors go BOOM. The stock HEATon (yes thats spelled correctly) is worthless for serious power. You need a built short block with cams & a big Whipple to play top end games with that car. AMG is nice the exhuast on those sound great
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Is it me or these SC'd Benz have bad noise? It's a luxury car (relatively). Keep it classy. That whine noise is great in an American muscle. Not in a Mercedes.

It has power though. Lots of it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thats exactly why I jumped to the Vette... The Termi doesnt have top end legs and extended top end pulls make motors go BOOM. The stock HEATon (yes thats spelled correctly) is worthless for serious power. You need a built short block with cams & a big Whipple to play top end games with that car. AMG is nice the exhuast on those sound great
    ask sledge how he knows...lol
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Is it me or these SC'd Benz have bad noise? It's a luxury car (relatively). Keep it classy. That whine noise is great in an American muscle. Not in a Mercedes.

It has power though. Lots of it.
    have you heard them in person Sorena? they are loud as $#@!. even without the blower, lol. even on a stock car, putting an aftermarket exhaust makes it sound similar, very deep and growling rasp. as for the whine, i kind of like to hear my forced induction at work Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    have you heard them in person Sorena? they are loud as $#@!. even without the blower, lol. even on a stock car, putting an aftermarket exhaust makes it sound similar, very deep and growling rasp. as for the whine, i kind of like to hear my forced induction at work Click here to enlarge
    I was referring to the twin screw whine. I'm very OK with hearing BOV's or whoosh or sc sound from BMW's because the majority of modded BMW owners are punks. No offense to real gentlemen like you or others whatsoever. This as a result, downgraded the image of BMW.
    But this is not true for MB's. You see much less modded MB's, and even those are not as bad as BMW's.

As for the exhaust note, i would agree with your prespective 10 years ago. But nowadays things have changed. A Bentley CGT is a loud car. You can hear Maserati's and Astons coming from miles away. And all of them are more luxurious brands with higher prestige than Mercedes. It seems like quieter doesn't mean more luxurious anymore, it's the opposite.

But when was the last time you heard a car pulling with a screaming positive displacement supercharger? For me it was days ago and the car was a Mustang GT500. I like that car, i really do, but it's not as classy as a Mercedes at all. Most of the cars rocking the same setup with the same whine place in that category as the GT500.

Got my point?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I was referring to the twin screw whine. I'm very OK with hearing BOV's or whoosh or sc sound from BMW's because the majority of modded BMW owners are punks. No offense to real gentlemen like you or others whatsoever. This as a result, downgraded the image of BMW.
    But this is not true for MB's. You see much less modded MB's, and even those are not as bad as BMW's.

As for the exhaust note, i would agree with your prespective 10 years ago. But nowadays things have changed. A Bentley CGT is a loud car. You can hear Maserati's and Astons coming from miles away. And all of them are more luxurious brands with higher prestige than Mercedes. It seems like quieter doesn't mean more luxurious anymore, it's the opposite.

But when was the last time you heard a car pulling with a screaming positive displacement supercharger? For me it was days ago and the car was a Mustang GT500. I like that car, i really do, but it's not as classy as a Mercedes at all. Most of the cars rocking the same setup with the same whine place in that category as the GT500.

Got my point?
    well you have my V Click here to enlarge thats in the category with the E63 and M5 and is posi disp twin screw

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    well you have my V Click here to enlarge thats in the category with the E63 and M5 and is posi disp twin screw
    That's an exception. Definitely SC'd Cadillacs are classes above the most of cars sporting a screaming supercharger.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

That's an exception. Definitely SC'd Cadillacs are classes above the most of cars sporting a screaming supercharger.

everyone thats been in the car for a ride loves the whine....and of course the monster torque

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

everyone thats been in the car for a ride loves the whine....and of course the monster torque
    I love the whine. But i don't find it suitable for a Mercedes. TS will give you instant throttle response that centrifugal and turbo can't even get close to. true.

IDK. Maybe it's just me though. My famous classy this and classy that, sometimes annoy the hell out of people. Maybe it's one of those times that i'm too touchy about stuff.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I love the whine. But i don't find it suitable for a Mercedes. TS will give you instant throttle response that centrifugal and turbo can't even get close to. true.

IDK. Maybe it's just me though. My famous classy this and classy that, sometimes annoy the hell out of people. Maybe it's one of those times that i'm too touchy about stuff.
    ive never heard nor no much about the weistec blowers....they LOOK alot like the 2.3L whipples tho....is that where they are sourcing them from?

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sorena, I have the Weistec 3.0 blower. It is a direct drive off the serpentine so there is no whine. I personally do not like the whining sound for a mercedes so this is a perfect set up.
    Click here to enlarge

I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

ive never heard nor no much about the weistec blowers....they LOOK alot like the 2.3L whipples tho....is that where they are sourcing them from?
    Lysholm 2.3 i believe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Lysholm 2.3 i believe.
    gotcha

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Nice race
    @TZ04XJR

Click here to enlargeWeistec Power Click here to enlarge
    World Fastest (NA) SLS AMG in a Standing 1/2 Mile
    Trap Speed 254.81 Km/hr

Qatar Mile- NOV, 30th 2013
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Great race, that Merc really puts in work. I'm with sorena, not a fan of the whine on a Merc.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Great race, that Merc really puts in work. I'm with sorena, not a fan of the whine on a Merc.
    i personally love the whine of a blower , no matter what vehicle it's on . the way i see it , if you are looking to buy a Mercedes for the luxury side of it , who is looking at the C-class ? most people would buy an E , S , or CLS for luxury . i think the C , SLK and SLS are closer to the sportscar category .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ Click here to enlarge
    i personally love the whine of a blower , no matter what vehicle it's on
    this

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ Click here to enlarge
    i personally love the whine of a blower , no matter what vehicle it's on .
    Other than curb appeal, blower whine was my favorite aspect of both my past Jaguar XJR's. Luxurious and elegant, yet fierce when it needs to be Click here to enlarge

-TZ

E60 M5 SMG - Sapphire Black exterior, Black interior, Full leather, Ventilated comfort seats, Aluminum trim, Alcantara Headliner, Matte Black front/side grills, 20% window tint, Plasti Dipped Black Wheels, Hardwired 9500ix, RPI scoops(Red), Block off plates, BMC filters (c/f delete), Evolve-R Stage 2 Tune, Muffler & Secondary Cat Delete

P500s S6 DSC OFF- ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.. Unless it's wet out
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Great race, can we see more from a roll ?
    Fastest Mercedes in the Gulf & the Middle East