Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

GTR VS Procharged Vette VS Cobalt SS

I know you guys wanted to see some runs with a big turbo cobalt SS so here we go. This is not me! This is a buddy of mine on the Cobaltss.net forum that posted his run against 550whp GTR vs 557 whp procharged vette vs 470whp or so Cobalt SS.

The cobalt SS has full bolt on's along with a big turbo kit and stage 1 cams. zzps256 turbo kit to be exact. His name is Ford on Cobaltss.net

Just for all the ADHD people, scroll down for vid.

Tonight at the local meet i had to wait my turn for some action but it was worth it. Got to see the 800hp Turbo LSx fox vs the 1200+whp GT500. GT500 pulled out the win but damn was it a fast race.

Then my run came up. I had called out the GTR early in the night hoping for a beautiful video of the cobalt blowing up the transmission against a really cool car. He declined at first as i dont really think he thought i had enough and was just running my mouth. After some of the other guys told him my $#@! was legit he jumped in on the rematch against me and the Procharged vette. I grabbed my camera man and we hit the mexican highway.

We decided on a 50 roll, i wanted a 60 as i cant break boost at 50 without destroying the tires but w/e i was just wanting to test this setup on some proven cars. Not random $#@! that roams the street claiming this or that. I have been waiting for good weather for this moment. Even though i have work at 8am i am up putting this video for your enjoyment.

So please enjoy the door banging race i had tonight before 4th gear got hairy around the curve. At least if i would have tq steered into a ditch it wouldnt have been into the other cars as i was on the outside of the curve Click here to enlarge

Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn! is that your same setup?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Damn! is that your same setup?
    No, not the same set up. He has a whole turbo kit with an external wastegate and manual boost controller from what I know, along with cams and using e85.

My turbo is about the same size though, so I can achieve that much hp. I just don't have cams or e85. I'll just be running pump gas hoping for 450whp.

Not bad though huh with only 470whp this car is not having too much trouble with cars that have almost another 100whp on it. The weight of the car is the advantage.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What does the Cobalt weigh?

I expected the Vette to pull away up top.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What does the Cobalt weigh?

I expected the Vette to pull away up top.
    Cobalt weighs in at 2900 lbs. Each car had one passenger as well. I think the vette started in second while the Cobalt started in third that might have been the slight advantaged of having to shift less than the vette. I think it would have pulled up top if they kept it going as you said. It's for sure one fast Cobalt though.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ps, he lives in Matteson Illinois if anyone wants to check his car out maybe do a comparo with him so you can see for yourself haha.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wtf definitely not what I was expecting. That coby must hurt a lot of egos! I have a new respect for that platform. Too bad it's not rwd but hey it looks like its getting the job done.
    his: _______________ hers: Mitsubishi Evolution X
    gone: R35 GT-R,
    C6 Z06, V2 CTS-V, E60 M5 SMG, CLK500

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    Wtf definitely not what I was expecting. That coby must hurt a lot of egos! I have a new respect for that platform. Too bad it's not rwd but hey it looks like its getting the job done.
    Kinda funny isn't it though? lol If you want the RWD with that motor. The saturn Sky or solstice GXP has my motor and it's a RWD set up.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn that Cobalt is fast!
    C63 Tuned Only 60-130 in 8.71

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Kinda funny isn't it though? lol If you want the RWD with that motor. The saturn Sky or solstice GXP has my motor and it's a RWD set up.
    Sounds cool but my knees hit the steering wheel and my head presses against the ceiling lol. Plus the cobalt is much better built all around than those cars.
    his: _______________ hers: Mitsubishi Evolution X
    gone: R35 GT-R,
    C6 Z06, V2 CTS-V, E60 M5 SMG, CLK500

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good pulls indeed... I'd think the Vette pulls up top top IMO. He let off and then got back on initially. He was coming back after short shifting. He slept on that SS and paid for it. Still that's a fast SS for sure
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    Sounds cool but my knees hit the steering wheel and my head presses against the ceiling lol. Plus the cobalt is much better built all around than those cars.
    Haha yea, definitely. That is true!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Good pulls indeed... I'd think the Vette pulls up top top IMO. He let off and then got back on initially. He was coming back after short shifting. He slept on that SS and paid for it. Still that's a fast SS for sure
    I agree the vette would have pulled up top for sure. Still a good race from 50-130.
    Burger Motorsports