Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

What makes anyone think gun control is the answer to this?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What makes anyone think gun control is the answer to this?
    Because it works in Europe...

Strict criteria defining who is entitled to own guns. Maybe life is so much safer here (I highly doubt it...USA is not Syria or Afghanistan), but hardly any one even WANTS to own guns. There are collectors, shooting clubs, and that's about it. No need to have an artillery at home to "protect".

As someone pointed out, we're not saying NO GUNS AT ALL, but the criteriae for carrying should be ALOT stricter. And why would a civilian need an automatic or even semi-automatic?? Those are forbidden for civilians here and are reserved for Police and Army forces.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Which isn't next to Mexico and doesn't have some idiotic war on drugs causing violence right across the border and unknown quantities of illegal weapons entering the country. Gun control won't change that it will just ruin your ability to defend yourself from thugs who don't follow the law in the first place.

I don't see how it works it in Europe anyway. Didn't some crazy guy kill a bunch of people in Norway who were unarmed? How is it working exactly?

The reason people should not be restricted is due to something call the second amendment.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Which isn't next to Mexico and doesn't have some idiotic war on drugs causing violence right across the border and unknown quantities of illegal weapons entering the country. Gun control won't change that it will just ruin your ability to defend yourself from thugs who don't follow the law in the first place.

I don't see how it works it in Europe anyway. Didn't some crazy guy kill a bunch of people in Norway who were unarmed? How is it working exactly?

The reason people should not be restricted is due to something call the second amendment.
    Yes $#@! happened in Norway. One year ago. Now how many people got killed in the US in a year's time by guns? I bet ALOT more than 77.

The second amendment was adopted on December 15, 1791. Hasn't the world changed since then? In Europe it has. France sure has evolved since it's revolution in 1789...
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Yes $#@! happened in Norway. One year ago. Now how many people got killed in the US in a year's time by guns? I bet ALOT more than 77.
    Oh so gun tragedies still happen in Europe? Seems their laws aren't the answer then.

The second amendment was adopted on December 15, 1791. Hasn't the world changed since then? In Europe it has. France sure has evolved since it's revolution in 1789...
    The philosophy of protecting people from the state is a correct one in any time period. Many great thinkers lived long ago and their thoughts are still applicable today. There is a thread with some quotes from long dead American patriots. Should we discount them just because they were made in the 18th century? Maybe we should just let the state control everything as who needs rights anymore? They will just tell you what you need when you need it. Don't even think any longer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The philosophy of protecting people from the state is a correct one in any time period. Many great thinkers lived long ago and their thoughts are still applicable today. There is a thread with some quotes from long dead American patriots. Should we discount them just because they were made in the 18th century? Maybe we should just let the state control everything as who needs rights anymore? They will just tell you what you need when you need it. Don't even think any longer.
    Isn't that what's happening in the US lately? Patriot act? Granted I have an outside view, but it seems that since 9/11 alot of rights have been taken away from citizen. But who cares, as long as you are still allowed to carry guns... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Isn't that what's happening in the US lately? Patriot act? Granted I have an outside view, but it seems that since 9/11 alot of rights have been taken away from citizen. But who cares, as long as you are still allowed to carry guns... Click here to enlarge
    You are right to question the Patriot Act, you aren't the only one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

The Patriot Act $#@! all over the constitution. I don't know of anyone who is ok with it.
    ​#Chuckstrong

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Oh so gun tragedies still happen in Europe? Seems their laws aren't the answer then.

Correct. What people guns get into the hands of massive drug mobs in Mexico via the United States government. Opium gets into the hands of Europeans via Afghanistan, because we started that drug trade back up.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Maybe life is so much safer here (I highly doubt it...USA is not Syria or Afghanistan), but hardly any one even WANTS to own guns. There are collectors, shooting clubs, and that's about it. No need to have an artillery at home to "protect".

As someone pointed out, we're not saying NO GUNS AT ALL, but the criteriae for carrying should be ALOT stricter. And why would a civilian need an automatic or even semi-automatic?? Those are forbidden for civilians here and are reserved for Police and Army forces.
    While it is obvious that we live in different countries, we are worlds apart.

Those "few people" that collect guns, or belong to shooting clubs, are a VERY large number of people in this country.

Assault weapons are highly restricted in this country, to own them you must pass extensive background checks, prove that you can store them safely, and pay taxes to own them.

You have no standing to tell me what types of weapons I need to protect my home and family. We live in different worlds, and I would not live where you do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    How are these guns getting into the criminals hands? When a manufacturer makes weapons do they have a bin labeled, "good guys" and one "criminals?" Toss 10 guns into the good guys bin for every 1 you toss in the criminals one? How about we don't talk about how criminals follow laws, let's talk about how there are people who own guns that shouldn't own guns because they are probably the reason they "lose" their gun, or, "misplace" it, or "forgot to lock the cabinet, or they "loan" it to somebody.

Maybe some of you live sheltered lives, maybe none of you were out in the world enough and encountered "that guy" where you said to yourself after said encounter: "Yeah guns? Keep em out of this guys hands for sure......"
    You are allowed to loan/sell/give away your guns. You just are. Now personally, I don't think that is an issue, but I do think that if you are buying a gun at a gun show (so two people who don't know each other at all) from a private seller you should should be required to, i don't know, have a certificate saying you completed a background check in the last 6 months...or something...that doesn't seem unreasonable.

But I think the same thing should apply to other things, like cars, I am tires of the freaking high uninsured motorist coverage I have to carry. You shouldn't be allowed to sell a car privately w/o confirming the buyer is insured, just like a dealer does. But meh...what do I know.
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Stupid to point out how the United States picks and chooses when to apply force based on their own political needs rather than truly protecting the innocent as they like to portray it? Right Click here to enlarge
    lol, Sticky...LM's Poland talk got you going huh? What does this have to do with the shooting or gun laws?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Just purchased my first handgun tonight, Glock 19 GEN 4 with a biometric safe (2 yo son). Concealed weapons permit coming soon...
    Repped for good sense
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    lol, Sticky...LM's Poland talk got you going huh? What does this have to do with the shooting or gun laws?
    Nothing just when you mention Poland know your $#@! or I'll call you on it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nothing just when you mention Poland know your $#@! or I'll call you on it.
    R u polish? Did u live there?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sleepr6 Click here to enlarge
    R u polish? Did u live there?
    Maybe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

LOL @ Obama pic.

He is already trying to turn this into a gun control issue. He said something to the effect that an AK47 only belongs on a battlefield and everyone would agree with that...or something moronic to that effect.

Romney, who is also a sketchy $#@! IMO, basically took the position that the guy would of hurt people one way or another - which I agree with.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe.
    Well played sir.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Well done.

(won't let me rep you anymore so props will have to do)
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    Well done.

(won't let me rep you anymore so props will have to do)
    Well thank you sir, and Hi 5.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567