Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

14 DEAD AS GUNMAN OPENS FIRE AT COLORADO 'BATMAN' SHOWING

14 DEAD AS GUNMAN OPENS FIRE AT COLORADO 'BATMAN' SHOWING

Jul 20, 2012 9:11 AM EDT

Story is developing. Refresh for updates.

URGENT: At least 14 people have been killed and up to 50 injured after a mass shooting at a showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" at a suburban Denver movie theater, police say.

The suspect, believed to be the lone gunman, is in police custody. KUSA reports that the suspect kicked down an emergency door at the theater, threw in some type of a smoke bomb and began shooting when moviegoers started to run.

Witnesses say they heard a series of explosions and up to 20 gunshots after the scene grew chaotic. About 100 witnesses were taken to a local high school to be questioned by police.

Police, ambulances and emergency crews swarmed on the Aurora, Colo., theater after frantic 911 calls around 12:30 a.m. local time, officials said.

The suspect reportedly fired shots inside the theater and fled to the parking lot and was confronted by police already at the theater for crowd control.

The suspect, whose identity has not been released, was wearing a bulletproof vest and in his 20s, police said. He was carrying a rifle and two handguns, police said, and the handguns may have been placed in the theater before the shooting.

FBI spokesman Jason Pack said there's no indication in the investigation so far of any connection to terrorism.

President Obama said he is "shocked and saddened" by the mass shooting and urged the nation to "come together as one American family." He said his administration will do everything it can to support the people of Aurora, Colo. The White House says Obama, who was in Florida at the time of the shooting, was informed of the shooting by Homeland Security Advisor John Brennan.

James Cameron, who was in an adjacent theater, said he hear commotion and screaming. People seated around him began coughing and having difficulty breathing.

"By the sound of it, it sounds like there could have been three or four guys shooting," he said.

Audra Mincey, a spokeswoman for the Swedish Medical Center, told Fox News there are two patients in critical condition.

Mincey said the hospital set up its incident command center and mobilized personnel.

Earlier reports said there may have been a second shooter, but police believe only one shooter was involved, KDVR tells Fox News.

Police Chief Dan Oates says city police are checking the area for explosives. The suspect's apartment building was evacuated.

Bejamin Fernandez, 30, told the Denver Post that he heard a series of explosions. He said that people ran from the theater and there were gunshots as police shouted "get down!"

Fernandez said he saw people falling, including one young girl.

Jordan told the paper that one girl was struck in cheek, others in stomach including a girl who looked to be around 9-years-old.

Jordan said it sounded like firecrackers until someone ran into Theater 8 yelling "they're shooting out here!"

Hayden Miller told KUSA-TV that he heard several shots.

"Like little explosions going on and shortly after that we heard people screaming," he told the station.

Hayden said at first he thought it was part of a louder movie next door. But then he saw "people hunched over leaving theater."

The massacre was the worst mass shooting in Colorado since the Columbine High School massacre on April 20, 1999. Students Eric Harris, 18, and Dylan Klebold, 17, opened fire at the school in the Denver suburb of Littleton, about 15 miles west of Aurora, killing 12 classmates and a teacher and wounding 26 others before killing themselves in the school's library.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

This tragic on many levels and the effects are going to reverberate in ways many won't fully realize right now. I can send my condolences to the families of those that were lost...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"one girl was struck in cheek, others in stomach including a girl who looked to be around 9-years-old"
    This is just tragic. And I want to call out the gunman LOUD AND CLEAR
    YOU ARE A COWARD!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

WTF is wrong with people.... carry concealed FTW...
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

Sales@eurocharged.com

Over 7000 customers strong!

Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    cant believe it. gunman should be executed for this cowardly act
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is so many $#@!heads in this country it's ridiculous.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't know what to say, this is insane.

I went to YardHouse last night and there was a line wrapped around the damn building for people waiting to see this movie. So, if the Denver crowd was anything like it huge amount of moment in a tight space.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Too bad nobody in the theater was carrying.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Dark, packed out theater, tear gas, people running in panic. I doubt that getting a lot of achievements in COD and BF are training enough in scenario like this. Even a trained police officer might have trouble finding his target, but I'd trust him over a carrying civilian any day of the week.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    Dark, packed out theater, tear gas, people running in panic. I doubt that getting a lot of achievements in COD and BF are training enough in scenario like this. Even a trained police officer might have trouble finding his target, but I'd trust him over a carrying civilian any day of the week.
    Could you imagine if single person in the theater was carrying?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Even a trained police officer might have trouble finding his target, but I'd trust him over a carrying civilian any day of the week.
    Bingo. Unless by some stroke of luck you were in close proximity to the shooter, you'd probably never get a clear/clean shot at this cowardly bastard once the other folks started to stampede for the exits. The other consideration (at least for me) would have to be do I throw my wife on the ground and cover her up or go after the shooter...?

I really can't imagine the panic that must have ensued when the reality of what was happening was realized by those in the theater. What is so wrong with people that you feel compelled to do this to other human beings? This also took some planning and sophistication as the gunman used some tear gas and had a gas mask for himself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Colorodo doesnt have a death penalty. Awesome, let this man live at the taxpayers expense. He should be 'rehabilitated' and go through extensive psychotherapy right? Nah, he should be ripped apart by lions.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

*update* They know who the shooter is.
    http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...yR1g84m563X001

This guy needs the death penalty for sure. I really hope everyone who was hurt in this horrific tragedy is ok and My condolences to the family who lost someone in this shooting.
    08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access

| COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    But he was such a good kid...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If I'm getting shot at or worse if my family is....I'll be thankful if ANYONE is courageous enough to stand up to an evil coward.
    My money is on bravery over apathy everytime!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blitz535i Click here to enlarge
    This also took some planning and sophistication as the gunman used some tear gas and had a gas mask for himself.
    Planning.....yes
    Sophistication......no a monkey could do the same thing.
    He didn't take on an armed group ready to defend themselves .....he murdered children.
    Give him nothing but what he deserves .....the badge of COWARD!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sleepr6 Click here to enlarge
    Sophistication......no a monkey could do the same thing.
    My thoughts were geared toward the gunman's actions, primarily what he did just prior to the shooting. No, there's no sophisitication involved in shooting unarmed folks in a crowded theater.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you cant CCW in a theatre there. This has already started HUGE $#@! been pro and anti gun lobbyists.

but all normal people can see that 1 CCw would have stopped it short of what it came too.

Im currently arguing with a retard that thinks it would have been worse with people and ccw. and i was in the army w/ this guy. what a shame..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you think thats better supports the argument against ccw? realisticly, those who carry, are trained, those who want to/do carry seek more training. what is it 14 dead and 50 wounded.. how much worse could it really have been? I guarantee SOMEONE in there has had military, LEO or civilian handgun training and could have responded appropriatly in tight quarters.

BUT, then , say CCW "guy" did clip 1 civilian, but put down shooter at victim say # 3, anti-gun retards would go APE$#@! OVER IT! because we wouldnt have known just how far this guy would have taken it..and they would scream LOOK LOOK he shot a civilian too!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It is surprising to me that not ONE person was carrying, but honestly I don't know how much it would've helped. With the fire power he had it would've been hard to get close to him. On top of that with all the commotion of people running out, ducking for cover, and tear gas it would've been very hard to hit him and you would run the risk of hitting other people if you were to miss.

Colorodo doesnt have a death penalty. Awesome, let this man live at the taxpayers expense. He should be 'rehabilitated' and go through extensive psychotherapy right? Nah, he should be ripped apart by lions.
    This is what boggles my mind the most. Looking online is cost an avg of 35k per year to keep a prisoner alive. So it is going to cost tax payers 35k a year to keep this useless $#@! of life alive and for what??? One really nice critical defense bullet for my 9mm cost about 99 cents, doesn't make sense to me.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Now if Lost Marine was there casualties would of been smaller.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Noone knows how they are going to react once rounds start flying, regardless of who they are, its just a higher probability for some to react appropriatly.

Nothing is going to prevent a determined person. what MINIMIZES the loss, is a free people protectng their loved ones and fellow citizens

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Noone knows how they are going to react once rounds start flying, regardless of who they are, its just a higher probability for some to react appropriatly.

Nothing is going to prevent a determined person. what MINIMIZES the loss, is a free people protectng their loved ones and fellow citizens
    Still think person with military training has a higher chance than a regular person who most likely $#@! their pants.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This isn't politics or gun control... This is the loss of life I think we are best served in keeping that in mind.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    you think thats better supports the argument against ccw? realisticly, those who carry, are trained, those who want to/do carry seek more training. what is it 14 dead and 50 wounded.. how much worse could it really have been? I guarantee SOMEONE in there has had military, LEO or civilian handgun training and could have responded appropriatly in tight quarters.

BUT, then , say CCW "guy" did clip 1 civilian, but put down shooter at victim say # 3, anti-gun retards would go APE$#@! OVER IT! because we wouldnt have known just how far this guy would have taken it..and they would scream LOOK LOOK he shot a civilian too!
    The majority of the population in the world doesn't want to own a gun, doesn't want to carry a gun, doesn't even want to look at a gun. There is no argument on my part, the United States has the loosest gun control laws in the world already. Why are we not the safest but the bloodiest 1st world country?

Also want to add that we don't know how the people in the crowd would react if they saw somebody whip out a gun with a CCW as you say. Would they think "Oh our savior is here kill the dirtbag!!!!" or "Holy $#@! another one!!! Or it's the shooter, let me get his ass before he kills more!!."
    Last edited by sr20seb; 07-20-2012 at 06:35 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast