Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Was it your car this happened with BAD430BENZ? If so, do you have the dyno chart?

Also, the chances this, or any other thread comparing the two headers, doesn't become a bash fest is slim to none. Certain people would have to put aside their differences with each other.

Personally I would love to learn more about these things, but when it becomes a bash fest it is no fun. I'm still posting in this thread though. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Weistec has done comparisons of different header designs with their superchargers.
    What was their conclusion?
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky . The table you posted is an excellent analysis. However, I belive its diffrent from motor to motor. wouldnt you agree?

I do the believe the MBH headers make more power than the 4-1 headers like the MHP headers, especially for supercharged applications. In the end they both make huge power and even if the MBH headers made more power it wouldnt be a big margin.

You see. when some clown comes up and sais things like "I switched my MHP headers to MBH and gaind 40 rwhp" without providing dynosheets and detailed proof of that ridicoulous figure, its pathetic. I truly belive MBH headers will make more power at the end. I personally have them equipped on my supercharged M156. I mean we are talking maybe 5-10 Hp in NA engines and maybe 10-15 with supercharged engines.

Its no magic. The hardware is there and no way you can come up with a 40rwhp gain from switching headers on a supercharged engine. when I heard about it, I was like holy $#@!, did they swap the M156 with a V12 engine, lol.
    That is true, I dont disagree. But you are talking about two diffrent things. It is possoble to gain 40rwhp from diffrent tuning, custom tune, etc...

But is it possible to gain an extra 40rwhp from switching to another aftermarket headers on an M156?.....here is where I have a HUGE question mark.

We have seen both headers making 40-45 rwhp gains from the restrective log manifolds. I just dont see how one can make an extra 40rwhp ouf of the other just by simply having a slightly larger primary tubing (1 7/8 vs 2inch). what do you think?
    Thats fine. I just like to see it. The article isnt about acomparison of a supercharged M156 with two diffrent headers
    i have just about had enough of your little insults and other crap . you are the most contradictive , spoiled , snot nose , internet punk i have ever seen . i understand that when you have the Stage 1+ kit , like you , it's pretty much a bolt on application . the Stage 2 kit , which will probably be renamed to something else when it's finally released , is a little more complicated . then you can go all the way , like Earl and Jim have done , and get really complicated . maybe one day you will inderstand that and realize how much tuning and retuning and retuning has to be done when you start changing all this stuff . i know because i have been doing it now for about 4 months now . you really think that when you start changing stuff at this level , you don't have to play around with the tune to get things right . let me go ahead and spell it out for you one last time..........

i gained 40whp from changing from MHP to MBH headers and mids . files were sent back and forth from Dynocomp to Weistec for 3 days to try and get things correct , which ultimately ended up being a 40whp gain but didn't fix the hesitation issue . the car has now been at Weistec and is now running correctly and should be shipped to me shortly . i DO NOT have dyno sheets to post up and really , at this point , do not give a damn about dyno sheets .

you guys say that you are engineers but apparently common sense was not one of the classes for that field . i know a lot of people that are book smart but can't walk and chew gum at the same time . i think i have now figured out the issue with you guys .

i know you guys keep saying that both you and Sirex are going to upgrade your supercharger kits soon . i can't wait for this to happen so , maybe one day , you will understand what it takes .

i still want to know who's in the video taking off the Weistec catch can Click here to enlarge

Steve called me a few days ago and said that everything went great on the car and that it's making great power and that my AFR is at 11.9 all the way across the board . why is your AFR down around 10 ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HoozyerdaddyC63 Click here to enlarge
    Was it your car this happened with BAD430BENZ? If so, do you have the dyno chart?

Also, the chances this, or any other thread comparing the two headers, doesn't become a bash fest is slim to none. Certain people would have to put aside their differences with each other.

Personally I would love to learn more about these things, but when it becomes a bash fest it is no fun. I'm still posting in this thread though. Click here to enlarge
    yes sir , it was my car that got these results . i had the MHP setup but it had an exhaust leak due to the slip fit collectors . it made 540whp initially at Dynocomp but then made 580whp on the same day , on the same dyno , with the MBH setup . Richard was on the phone with me and my father was there to watch the whole thing . i didn't really care about the dyno numbers because the car wasn't running correctly due to a hesitation.....which has now been fixed by Weistec . these children over seas say they don't believe me because i don't have a dyno sheet to prove it yet they believe every youtube video Click here to enlarge

the way i see it....i don't care if people agree or disagree with my results . it's my car in the end and if i am happy with the results , then that's all i care about . it just gets old getting insulted by these "engineers" when they have no clue what happens over here .

the biggest thing i got a kick out of was Sirex getting on the Dynocomp Facebook page and asking for my dyno sheets . obviously , there's a reason why Earl and Jim don't post there results every time something happens . i was one of those guys that always questioned their results and wondered why they didn't post . i now have a new look on things and truly understand where they are coming from . i will be posting videos of the car in action when i get it back !!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BAD430BENZ Click here to enlarge
    yes sir , it was my car that got these results . i had the MHP setup but it had an exhaust leak due to the slip fit collectors . it made 540whp initially at Dynocomp but then made 580whp on the same day , on the same dyno , with the MBH setup . Richard was on the phone with me and my father was there to watch the whole thing . i didn't really care about the dyno numbers because the car wasn't running correctly due to a hesitation.....which has now been fixed by Weistec . these children over seas say they don't believe me because i don't have a dyno sheet to prove it yet they believe every youtube video Click here to enlarge

the way i see it....i don't care if people agree or disagree with my results . it's my car in the end and if i am happy with the results , then that's all i care about . it just gets old getting insulted by these "engineers" when they have no clue what happens over here .

the biggest thing i got a kick out of was Sirex getting on the Dynocomp Facebook page and asking for my dyno sheets . obviously , there's a reason why Earl and Jim don't post there results every time something happens . i was one of those guys that always questioned their results and wondered why they didn't post . i now have a new look on things and truly understand where they are coming from . i will be posting videos of the car in action when i get it back !!!
    well said sir

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nevermind what people complain about, the numbers are useful for learning and seeing the differences. Those that get so bent out of shape over this really need to check their priorities. This is the Internet after all.

I don't think you're lying about the numbers, but I would love to see the torque curve and compare it to MHP torque curves to see the differences in the low end torque vs top end hp.

It seems like your statement about making 40 hp when switching headers also included some issues to begin with. That may have had an affect on your numbers between runs. It still doesn't take away from the fact that you gained 40 hp after switching over to the MBH headers,

The problem is there are very few people who either 1) have the money to or 2) even want to make such mods.

I'll buy a home and second car before I through a supercharger on my car, but I'll definitely put headers and exhaust on.

My thoughts on the matter (not that anyone really cares) is that I would love to have more low end torque/hp vs top end hp since I will seldom make it to the track to drag race it. For me, the money would be on daily highway/street driving.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Ain't that the truth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Ain't that the truth.
    0 out of 1 members liked this post

looks like i touched a nerve Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    0 out of 1 members liked this post

looks like i touched a nerve Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I noticed that. Maybe it was Cobra63 LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good posts. Speaking of which, I'll have something interesting to post on this topic in a bit Click here to enlarge
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I noticed that. Maybe it was Cobra63 LOL
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Good posts. Speaking of which, I'll have something interesting to post on this topic in a bit Click here to enlarge
    well you have my attention now Click here to enlarge

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234