Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky
    The S5 clearly is positioned closer to the 335i than the M3, duh.
    By your logic, since IL has compared these two cars then they are rivals. Don't duh; I don't say they are rivals, S5 is as much M3's rival as S4 is 335i's. In other words, they are not rivals.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The B6 and B7 S4's had V8's and were compared to the 335i, I have no idea what you are talking about.
    335i didn't even exist in B6 days. And B7 S4 was compared to NOTHING from BMW at least not by people who are blessed by brain. Audi had A4 3.2 which was the 330i and later 335i's rival.

I guess it will help all of you if the 335i gets some interior options and a sport package. Maybe an is model to make it more clear for those who don't seem to get it.
    Look at post #33.

and 335is had some handling improvements too over the normal 335i. Just like the S4. M335i will be S4's rival, till then S4 has no rival from BMW though 335i is the closest thing to S4 that BMW offers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

0 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

This post by 1cleanAMG is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Remonster Click here to enlarge
    The key thing I'm focusing on is the handling, an S4 has upgraded bushings, control arms, sway bars, etc. to change the way it feels from behind the wheel compared to an A4 and RS4. All I'm saying is in my eyes BMW doesn't have a mid-tier car at all. They just have the 3 series and then the M3.
    That's fine but BMW does have a mid-tier car and it's called the 335.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Remonster Click here to enlarge
    My point being this: just because the performance levels of the 335i and S4 are similar doesn't necessarily make them similar cars
    They are incredibly similar cars. They are German sports sedans positioned in the same segment. I certainly hope they have some differences but they are the exact same type of cars positioned against each other. Audi should be commended for having a sportier offering as in this area it was traditionally BMW who had the sportier car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    By your logic, since IL has compared these two cars then they are rivals. Don't duh; I don't say they are rivals, S5 is as much M3's rival as S4 is 335i's. In other words, they are not rivals.
    No, my logic is based on the specs, model lineup, and what is the natural rival. It's idiotic this is even being debated. The fact dozens of comparison tests put these two against each other just reinforces my point.

335i didn't even exist in B6 days. And B7 S4 was compared to NOTHING from BMW at least not by people who are blessed by brain. Audi had A4 3.2 which was the 330i and later 335i's rival.
    Actually the B6 S4 was produced up to the 2005 model year which is the same model year of the 335i debut. The B7 later used the same motor so, uh, sorry.

The 3.0 in the B6 was positioned against the 330i not the 335i. In the B7 the 3.2 was positioned against the 328i. With the 3.2 being eliminated as it was unnecessary and underpowered the 2.0T stepped up which obviously is now the 328i rival.

and 335is had some handling improvements too over the normal 335i. Just like the S4. M335i will be S4's rival, till then S4 has no rival from BMW though 335i is the closest thing to S4 that BMW offers.
    Whatever they call it will still be based on the 335i. Logically making the 335i the rival with sport suspension or without. Nothing changes, point proven which was ridiculous to begin with.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

No, my logic is based on the specs, model lineup, and what is the natural rival. It's idiotic this is even being debated. The fact dozens of comparison tests put these two against each other just reinforces my point.
    There are dozens of M5 vs GT-R comparisons out there. Does that make these two cars rivals?

Actually the B6 S4 was produced up to the 2005 model year which is the same model year of the 335i debut. The B7 later used the same motor so, uh, sorry.
    Don't be sorry, The 335i came in very late 2006. The first cars came to customers in September 2006. At that time B6 S4 was debuted so no, B6 S4 was never in a comparison against 335i since there was a newer S4 out there.

In the B7 the 3.2 was positioned against the 328i. With the 3.2 being eliminated as it was unnecessary and underpowered the 2.0T stepped up which obviously is now the 328i rival.
    What? No. A4 3.2 was the top range model. It was 330i's direct rival and there are several comparisons including these two cars. Then 335i came. So A4 3.2 got some HP bump in order to close the gap, but it wasn't enough.

point proven
    I don't see how exactly. You are the one bringing ridiculous claims. You don't like BMW anymore, that's fine but let's stick with the facts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

There are dozens of M5 vs GT-R comparisons out there. Does that make these two cars rivals?
    There aren't dozens.

Secondly, are the M5 and GT-R the same type of vehicle? Aren't the A4 and 3 Series natural rivals? Well, what is an S4 and what is a 335?

Don't be sorry, The 335i came in very late 2006. The first cars came to customers in September 2006. At that time B6 S4 was debuted so no, B6 S4 was never in a comparison against 335i since there was a newer S4 out there.
    When the 335i came out the S4 was using a V8. The B6 had come to an end but the B7 was just the same thing with a different face. B6/B7 S4's were compared to the 335i whether you like it or not. Do a google search if you need to.

What? No. A4 3.2 was the top range model. It was 330i's direct rival and there are several comparisons including these two cars. Then 335i came. So A4 3.2 got some HP bump in order to close the gap, but it wasn't enough.
    The RS4 was the top model so I have no idea what you are talking about. The 3.2 and the 330 and later what became the 328 due to BMW renaming it with the introduction of the 335i was the 3.2's rival. The 3.2 was never aimed at the 335i.

I don't see how exactly. You are the one bringing ridiculous claims. You don't like BMW anymore, that's fine but let's stick with the facts.
    Fact is the S4 and 335i are competitors. They would be the exact two cars cross shopped in the German mid-range sport sedan class. I don't know what to tell you, every publication in the world gets it.

What is the S4 competition? It's the 335i, it is the only logical conclusion. There is no debate. They are so similar this is absurd.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

OK brother. Let's agree to disagree. From what i figure Polish people say Miejmi Pivo in this moment. So Miejmi Pivo Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1862 Post(s)

OK brother. Let's agree to disagree. From what i figure Polish people say Miejmi Pivo in this moment. So Miejmi Pivo Click here to enlarge
    That's fine but I'm not agreeing to do that as I'm right. I'll have a beer though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    That would be an interesting read.
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The Cinturato RFT on the 335i are geared towards comfort and silence, not performance.

Yeah, the F30 is feared more towards luxurious accommodations and is a move upmarket. But in handling dynamics, it far out shines the AWD conversion of the FWD design of the Audi platform.

Even Porsche will retain electric steering on its balls out 911 models. Hydraulic is too heavy and saps engine power too much. Learn to live with electric steering in new designs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
    Yeah, the F30 is feared more towards luxurious accommodations and is a move upmarket.
    Well, that's what the 5 series used to be for. The 3 series always stood for sportyness, while still being decently comfortable. Now the 5 series has become so high-end, especially pricewise, BMW obviously needs to move towards luxury and comfort on the F30 series to avoid losing the "low end" customerbase of the traditional 5 series market. Those customers now turn towards the F30 instead of getting an Audi/Mercedes. So BMW economics work well but they obviously move away from the "enthusiast" and the "purist".

One would think that the immense success of the 1M showed BMW how much these customers are worth and how much the driving experience matters to them! Sadly, only sales figures seem to be important nowadays when it comes to deciding on new models.
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234