Yes Reputation No
    that black gtr is a beast.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    He says he has intake,tune,X-pipe and Boss manifold. Maybe @Laloosh can comment on power/trap speed expected.. I thought I would be maybe at his door with all the DCT advantage hype...guess not... Just like I was dead even with an equally modded E92 6spd, until he missed a gear.. seems noone wants to comment on that bit of info... But, I believe the BOSS missed a gear as well. I asked if he wanted to go again, but he was done for the day. Very cool older guy.. actually I gotta send him the tri-oval footage too.Anyway, yea, you would have had a blast man. I think I need to make a statement about this..
    Gotcha bro... That GT was impressive and really would like to see a stock Boss make a error free pass. That M3 6spd you ran seemed like a even race for the most part. I thought he might pull on you up top based on how it was accelerating but again we need a full pass with no errors. Good stuff either way looks like a ball. Getting my clutch installed soon and will be down to make some runs...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Another good sample. this MOFO was movin'

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Gotcha bro... That GT was impressive and really would like to see a stock Boss make a error free pass. That M3 6spd you ran seemed like a even race for the most part. I thought he might pull on you up top based on how it was accelerating but again we need a full pass with no errors. Good stuff either way looks like a ball. Getting my clutch installed soon and will be down to make some runs...
    I wanted him to as well, I asked if he wanted to go again. the 6spd M was dead even. we tried a few times, well 2 times, and he couldnt get a clean run. T me, the dct is good, and the advantage is good because of consistancy, not speed and momentum.. although, as seen in the other race with the ISF, you can bang rev limit and screw up as well if in S6

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Yeah,we will be doing a roll against one another in the near future...the rape will endClick here to enlarge

His car has run 9.2s at 153..maybe a tenth quicker that he isnt telling anyone about
    That car is ridiculous, it eats bikes up like nothing! Maybe not yours, but the majority lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wanted him to as well, I asked if he wanted to go again. the 6spd M was dead even. we tried a few times, well 2 times, and he couldnt get a clean run. T me, the dct is good, and the advantage is good because of consistancy, not speed and momentum.. although, as seen in the other race with the ISF, you can bang rev limit and screw up as well if in S6
    If the 6 speed was next to you or even pulling all that means is he had more power than you (better exhaust, tune maybe? who knows). I've personally seen 6speed M3's with at least 50whp more losing to DCT's on the highway over and over again (the difference gets magnified at higher power levels).

Once again, does anyone know the mods of the red GTR? I hope to god it wasnt stock..
    Last edited by ERM324; 05-23-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    Honestly, not many people care about car vs bike matchups its comparing apples to oranges. The car is always the underdog, and yeah its pretty cool if the car beats the bike but at the end of the day I doubt many people would care if the GTR lost to a busa or something along the lines.
    Joe(the GTR owner)and I share a mutual friend..Joe has asked several times to run my bike..HE asked to run ME if that makes it any easier to understand for you Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Joe(the GTR owner)and I share a mutual friend..Joe has asked several times to run my bike..HE asked to run ME if that makes it any easier to understand for you Click here to enlarge
    Its pretty easy to understand I get that (never denied anything), but I personally just never saw the point in racing bikes nor got any gratification from it whatsoever. Even when I had my CBR, I only bothered lining up with other bikes never cars...just didnt see the point in it really when they are two completely different platforms.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Then why did you edit&completey change what you posted?
    To each his own;I think a car that traps 150mph vs a bike that traps 150 is a fun,interesting race
    Last edited by oldgixxer; 05-23-2012 at 09:13 AM. Reason: double post
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

interesting....this guy is def not on ctsvowners....we would have known...bet that cts-v doesnt even run 9s.....
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If the 6 speed was next to you or even pulling all that means is he had more power than you (better exhaust, tune maybe? who knows). I've personally seen 6speed M3's with at least 50whp more losing to DCT's on the highway over and over again (the difference gets magnified at higher power levels).

Once again, does anyone know the mods of the red GTR? I hope to god it wasnt stock..

nope, exhaust, tune and stg 2 intake. he makes the same power as me. It was a controlled environment, set start point set start speed, set start gear. the cars are equall. roughly 370 HP for each

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Steve did you see the race between the black 1000whp GTR&the 1000whp twin turbo CTS-V?? They said the GTR ass raped the Caddy on the GTR forum..he posted vid on his FB but I dont have an account

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    interesting....this guy is def not on ctsvowners....we would have known...bet that cts-v doesnt even run 9s.....
    the black V here? it was low boost 900 hp, someone told me all the mods, but i cant remember

I didnt actually get to ee ANY runs, as i was out on the track the entire time trying to line up with any and everyone could Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by LostMarine; 05-23-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Then why did you edit&completey change what you posted?
    To each his own;I think a car that traps 150mph vs a bike that traps 150 is a fun,interesting race
    Because I reread it and it came off sounding like an $#@! when I wasnt attempting to

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    why does it look like it takes FOREVER for the caddy to spool?...then all of the sudden its hauling ass?

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    why does it look like it takes FOREVER for the caddy to spool?...then all of the sudden its hauling ass?
    the different characteristics of each, but im sure the V got what it wated for speed and gear start..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    the different characteristics of each, but im sure the V got what it wated for speed and gear start..
    ill stick with my supercharger after seeing that

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ill stick with my supercharger after seeing that
    like to see that match-up

i recall something about a lingenfelter stg?? motor? that ringa a bell at alll?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    like to see that match-up

i recall something about a lingenfelter stg?? motor? that ringa a bell at alll?

nope...not at all....i already put out an APB on the cts-v on the forum....i have no info on it at all...jersey plates?

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm so disappointed that I missed this...my $#@!ing car has been on the fritz for 2 weeks! The timing couldn't have been worse...hopefully I'll be able to get a refund.
    Current: C63 Coupe: Polar White/Classic Red, P31, H&R, Mode Carbon, RevoZport, Renn Motorsport
    SOLD: B8 S4 Sprint Blue Pearl, DSG, Stasis everything.
    SOLD Eurocharged C63: ARKYM, Forgestar, K&N, Revozport, Custom Rear Lip

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

You would think with two GTX 35's turbo's it would spool quicker he was getting killed not even a race.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Because I reread it and it came off sounding like an $#@! when I wasnt attempting to
    I thought so too,but its all good...I even repped yaClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like a case of running too large a turbo possibly? I wonder what the a/r is on those twins. If it's an auto, maybe the converter could be an issue. There are so many things that could be the cause.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr.Squeeze Click here to enlarge
    You would think with two GTX 35's turbo's it would spool quicker he was getting killed not even a race.
    exactly...i bet with my setup it wouldnt be that bad of an ass whooping as my torque would come on almost instantly and for the entire time...he will pull on me longer the race goes
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    Looks like a case of running too large a turbo possibly? I wonder what the a/r is on those twins. If it's an auto, maybe the converter could be an issue. There are so many things that could be the cause.
    dunno but the AF was prob decent.....it just prob wasnt tuned right....as far as the converter the stalls are pretty damn good so doubt it was a tranny issue

-Tommy to Josh

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    exactly...i bet with my setup it wouldnt be that bad of an ass whooping as my torque would come on almost instantly and for the entire time...he will pull on me longer the race goes

dunno but the AF was prob decent.....it just prob wasnt tuned right....as far as the converter the stalls are pretty damn good so doubt it was a tranny issue
    I dunno, id think it was tuned right, just the differences in the platforms.. I mean its against a gtr, its not called godzirra for nothing. I believe its trapped 140+ in the 1/4..

The red one trapped 137 IIRC

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I mean its against a gtr, its not called godzirra for nothing. I believe its trapped 140+ in the 1/4..
    Are you referring to the black GTR or the Caddy?
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast