Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    People said this about the GT-R and we just saw an M3 with bolt on's top one significantly around the road course.

The Nurburgring is a power track, not finesse.

The Z06 is lighter, sure, but the M3 is an incredibly good handling vehicle.
    I can see that. I wish there were more comparisons.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This video is bull$#@! and completely innacurate. The vette started in a higher gear in both the second and third races, and in the first race where it started in the right gear it spun. If the vette started in the right gear it would have destroyed the M3. There are videos of supercharged M3 DCT's struggling to fend off intake/tuned z06's, headers free up alot of power on these cars there is no way the M3 is walking the vette like it seems here. If anything I'd expect the M3 to be able to hang or even lose by a car or two or even more to an LS7 with this setup - not walk it this bad.
    Last edited by ERM324; 05-13-2012 at 02:29 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    This video is bull$#@! and completely innacurate. The vette started in a higher gear in both the second and third races, and in the first race where it started in the right gear it spun. If the vette started in the right gear it would have destroyed the M3. There are videos of supercharged M3 DCT's struggling to fend off intake/tuned z06's, headers free up alot of power on these cars there is no way the M3 is walking the vette like it seems here. If anything I'd expect the M3 to be able to hang or even lose by a car or two or even more to an LS7 with this setup - not walk it this bad.
    LOL, bs huh? Yet other videos of gintani supercharged stage 2 m3's racing z06's are similar?

No bias in your post or anything...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Not the M3 owners fault the ZO6 started in wrong gear or whatever. He lost. Pretty simple

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I'll take the zo6 with the m3 interior....Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    LOL, bs huh? Yet other videos of gintani supercharged stage 2 m3's racing z06's are similar?

No bias in your post or anything...
    Not quite sure what this means? Bias in regards to what?

Its a known fact that the M3 in this video is (if lucky) 130mph trap car, and a Z06 with those supporting mods is around a 135trap car. There is a huge difference between the two.

Furthermore, can you not hear the Z06 in all the videos? That car should scream when going WOT, instead it puts along in a lower gear than optimal. Go watch the video of Drew with his Gintani Stage 2+ against a stock z06, he ONLY starts pulling high up after 100 when he hits 4th gear. What makes you think that a car that is probably a little slower than Drew's was able to pull on a headers/catless exhaust/intake/tuned z06 on the initial hit, and keep pulling harder than Drew did on a stock z06? Sticky your living in a facade if you think a stock-motor blown M3 is pulling hard on an LS7 with anything more than a tune and intake.

I dont think my car could pull on an LS7 either with those mods - its not being "biased" but being realistic

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

i see what your saying, but why is this acceptable then?

or this

or, if by the DCT advantage theory, these 2 stock should have been neck and neck

meaning with 150hp more for both, they should have again been much closer.

its all relative, and an Any Given Sunday type of thing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    First race the C6 Z06 clutch was slipping, its posted in the description and you can also hear it - thats another joke of a race.

Sure its an "any given sunday" type of thing. and thats why these results should be taken with a huge grain of salt. But when you have people like Sticky who are saying with absolute conviction that the M3 fairly beat the Z06, the M3 is faster, and I'm biased [for what? for being the only realistic guy in this thread by saying to (as you would say) stop sipping the kool aid and wake up], its pretty funny. The outcome in the video isnt realistic in the slightest bit- I might as well go race a veryron with him 4 gears lower than me and post the video of me beating him and go home thinking my car is faster as well. Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by ERM324; 05-14-2012 at 12:00 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

First race the C6 Z06 clutch was slipping, its posted in the description and you can also hear it - thats another joke of a race.
    yes, but you having a fast, if not actually the fastest s/c M, from that video, does it look like it would have been a close race, or a definitive victory for the Z, with a good clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    yes, but you having a fast, if not actually the fastest s/c M, from that video, does it look like it would have been a close race, or a definitive victory for the Z, with a good clutch
    Realistically? Yeah. I remember when I had a slipping clutch on my 335 and I was FBO+meth against my buddy's 335xi with just a procede and he walked me. Slipping clutch is a huge issue - you can have all the power you want but you'll go nowhere if you cant put it to the ground.

How the hell would a speed speed 625 kit be walking a Z06 like that, lets be serious lol...the 625 6-speed has its hands full with stock z06's and is only able to pull in 5th gear and up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    With the slipping tranny in your 335 I could have probably beat you with a 116 trap n/a M3 because you couldnt utilize your power (depending on how bad it was).....you see my point...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

ERM is right about the slipping clutch for that first video.When I had my supercharger on my 370 stock clutch would slip once it heated up and boy did it slow me down.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Not the M3 owners fault the ZO6 started in wrong gear or whatever. He lost. Pretty simple
    Its also pretty simple that when BOTH cars were in the wrong gear in this video that the Z killed the M3.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Not quite sure what this means? Bias in regards to what?

Its a known fact that the M3 in this video is (if lucky) 130mph trap car, and a Z06 with those supporting mods is around a 135trap car. There is a huge difference between the two.

Furthermore, can you not hear the Z06 in all the videos? That car should scream when going WOT, instead it puts along in a lower gear than optimal. Go watch the video of Drew with his Gintani Stage 2+ against a stock z06, he ONLY starts pulling high up after 100 when he hits 4th gear. What makes you think that a car that is probably a little slower than Drew's was able to pull on a headers/catless exhaust/intake/tuned z06 on the initial hit, and keep pulling harder than Drew did on a stock z06? Sticky your living in a facade if you think a stock-motor blown M3 is pulling hard on an LS7 with anything more than a tune and intake.

I dont think my car could pull on an LS7 either with those mods - its not being "biased" but being realistic
    We would need to see a dyno of this Z06 and additionally the M3 is stronger from a roll than from a stop as the Z06's weight and torque help with it's 1/4 mile time. The m3 once moving has gearing favor it up top as the Z06 starts to slow down with its longer gears for gas mileage. Surely you know this?

I really don't think a guy gets in his Z06 to race on video only to purposely choose the wrong gear.

The Z06 lost, what happened in the video happened, try to justify it however you want. Why don't you just run a Gintani Stage 2+ setup? Why hasn't any ESS car done that yet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

the 625 6-speed has its hands full with stock z06's and is only able to pull in 5th gear and up.
    Well we have multiple videos showing a Gintani Stage 2+ pulling Z06's... weird?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

hopefully this saturday I can run the Gintani Sc
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    hopefully this saturday I can run the Gintani Sc
    Awesome. I don't have to tell you videos please...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

The Z06 lost, what happened in the video happened, try to justify it however you want. Why don't you just run a Gintani Stage 2+ setup? Why hasn't any ESS car done that yet?
    Just like I thought, as opposed to addressing the video you go straight to the fanboy bull$#@!. Only reason I havent ran a Gintani Stage 2+ is because there are none local here that are good competition. Last time I checked there was only 1 6-speed Gintani Stage 2 around here, and realistically it would get mopped up pretty easily its a 6 speed without meth that put down 520whp (I was parked next to it in the Gintani booth at bimmerstock this past year and was talking to Alex about it).

In regards to myself vs a Gintani Stage 2+, I trapped 132, and what did you? Dont start with the Gintani vs ESS $#@! because I think I've shown with my results that my kit puts out better numbers with less boost and without meth. You also ran at a bull$#@! track that ran a couple MPH fast, correct? Lets not get into this $#@! again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Well we have multiple videos showing a Gintani Stage 2+ pulling Z06's... weird?
    Um yeah, DCT cars pulling on stock Z06's. There are also multiple videos of DCT 625 kits pulling just as hard on modded Z06's. Whats your point?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Just like I thought, as opposed to addressing the video you go straight to the fanboy bull$#@!.
    No, you are doing the fanboy BS because it amazes you a Gintani supercharged M3 can beat a Z06. Uh, hasn't this been demonstrated more than once even with modded Z06's? So this video should suddenly be different?

Only reason I havent ran a Gintani Stage 2+ is because there are none local here that are good competition. Last time I checked there was only 1 6-speed Gintani Stage 2 around here, and realistically it would get mopped up pretty easily its a 6 speed without meth that put down 520whp (I was parked next to it in the Gintani booth at bimmerstock this past year and was talking to Alex about it).
    We all know DCT's beat 6 speeds. When I make a trip to the East Coast later this year you can run me so you can see what the definition of mopped up easily truly is.

Fact is the T-trim at higher boost levels will move more air. It is a physical impossibility for you to win. It is mathematically impossible, don't you get it?

In regards to myself vs a Gintani Stage 2+, I trapped 132, and what did you? Dont start with the Gintani vs ESS $#@! because I think I've shown with my results that my kit puts out better numbers with less boost and without meth. You also ran at a bull$#@! track that ran a couple MPH fast, correct? Lets not get into this $#@! again.
    What did I do? I ran 130 worse weather 2 years ago at 7.5 psi. Who knows what boost or files you were running but fact is I broke 130 before anyone else. You have fun playing on stock internals and getting to where my car was LOL.

Comparing slips in different places at different times in different conditions and treating them like absolutes is idiotic.

As I said, don't we have other videos showing Z06's losing? So what is your issue exactly? You go run one, let's see how you do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Um yeah, DCT cars pulling on stock Z06's. There are also multiple videos of DCT 625 kits pulling just as hard on modded Z06's. Whats your point?
    My point is beating a Z06 in a Gintani Stage 2+ is completely realistic. This is old news.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Awesome. I don't have to tell you videos please...
    deff hopefully i go and get the new go pro2 so i can get 2 views of each run.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    deff hopefully i go and get the new go pro2 so i can get 2 views of each run.
    You are saying 2 go pros?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

And when will your car be ready?
    09 Nismo 370Z TWIN TURBO 12PSI 527whp 400trq 11.75 @ 127mph Sold....Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nismo370 Click here to enlarge
    And when will your car be ready?
    Before yours is fixed.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast