Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I think kleemann is a solid option but I hardly see it over and over.
    You might not be looking in the right place...

Believe that dyno you referenced was posted here, prefer internal links to the same content
    Sorry - no problem; understood. When you said they hadn't done anything of merit in years, I figured you must not have seen that, so didn't bother searching for it here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    You might not be looking in the right place...

Sorry - no problem; understood. When you said they hadn't done anything of merit in years, I figured you must not have seen that, so didn't bother searching for it here.
    Well perhaps you and I judge merit differently. Still, you mentioned many other options and I only see one provided.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Well perhaps you and I judge merit differently.
    Perhaps.

Still, you mentioned many other options and I only see one provided.
    Many? I don't recall mentioning many.

Regardless, I'll answer anyway: Brabus, Carlsson, Vath, MKB, Techtec, Evotech, and PP-P would all be other options not previously mentioned, that the OP could have looked into, before deciding to go with Weistec. It's moot anyway, and I feel he made a good choice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Perhaps.

Many? I don't recall mentioning many.

Regardless, I'll answer anyway: Brabus, Carlsson, Vath, MKB, Techtec, Evotech, and PP-P would all be other options not previously mentioned, that the OP could have looked into, before deciding to go with Weistec. It's moot anyway, and I feel he made a good choice.
    You are right, you wrote 'others equally as good.' You provided one that I would not say is equally as good but regardless we do not need to revisit the English lessons as I'm sure you know you used a plural word. So, what others?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

So, what others?
    Seriously?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Seriously?
    Yes dude, seriously. You chastise me saying I only suggested sponsors only to act like there are tons of other amazing options. You only suggested Kleemann so either retract your statement which clearly was off base or try to back it up.

Seems suggesting BenzBoost vendors is actually pretty damn good advice for this platform as you have 4 quality options and I haven't seen you offer up four quality alternatives. So, seems you grasp for straws.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes dude, seriously. You chastise me saying I only suggested sponsors only to act like there are tons of other amazing options. You only suggested Kleemann so either retract your statement which clearly was off base or try to back it up.

Seems suggesting BenzBoost vendors is actually pretty damn good advice for this platform as you have 4 quality options and I haven't seen you offer up four quality alternatives. So, seems you grasp for straws.
    Reread post #28, especially the sentence starting with "Regardless" - let me know if you still need help.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Reread post #28, especially the sentence starting with "Regardless" - let me know if you still need help.
    What I need help with is finding all these other equally as good options...

Listing European tuners selling canned tunes is not what I'm looking for.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What I need help with is finding all these other equally as good options...

Listing European tuners selling canned tunes is not what I'm looking for.
    Can't help you then.

You allege that the four best M156 tuners available are coincidentally the four M156 tuners who pay sponsor fees to your forum, and everyone else is second-rate. Did you recommend MHP to guys looking for an M156 tune, back when MHP sponsored this forum and was paying you? If so, when did you stop recommending MHP?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Can't help you then.

You allege that the four best M156 tuners available are coincidentally the four M156 tuners who pay sponsor fees to your forum, and everyone else is second-rate. Did you recommend MHP to guys looking for an M156 tune, back when MHP sponsored this forum and was paying you? If so, when did you stop recommending MHP?
    I allege the best Mercedes tuners are here and there is nobody I'm missing that I am dying to have.

You rattled off a list of European tuners with big names. Show me the dynos, quarter mile times, and details on their m156 programs please. Don't some of those guys just resell stuff others came up with anyway?

Brabus is a nice choice if you want an OEM level v12 swap into whatever Benz and you happen to be some Arab Prince. Nice suggestion, really.

You didn't even bother to ask where he was located and he already decided to go with Weistec anyway. So much for your suggestions which really were not to help the user, whom I already helped, but for you to try to save face.

You seriously recommend Vath to someone in the US? Over the options I gave? Sure you do. Give it a rest already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Can't help you then.

MHP did their own marketing and at no point did I say the tune is not a quality tune. The issue was with the owner not the software.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Seriously?
    Don't you ever get tired of trying to damage the integrity of this forum and it's owner ?? If you have such a problem with it, then why are you here ? Or, do you just like to argue the stupidest trivial details ?
    Do you think running a site like this doesn't cost anything ? Of course Sticky is going to recommend his sponsors. They are all good, reputable vendors...are there other good vendors/tuners out there ? Yeah, but who gives a $#@! ? This isn't a non-profit site and the fact that you throw MHP into the equation only shows how argumentative you are. MHP, give me a $#@!in break.
    Last edited by LZH; 05-16-2012 at 07:32 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Or, do you just like to argue the stupidest trivial details
    From my perspective it is mostly triviality with him.

The thing is, the sponsors are GOOD recommendations. Really, if you want the best, they are it for the M156. I don't just take or recommend anyone. I don't see Vath or Brabus setting the kind of records we like to see...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

From my perspective it is mostly triviality with him.

The thing is, the sponsors are GOOD recommendations. Really, if you want the best, they are it for the M156. I don't just take or recommend anyone. I don't see Vath or Brabus setting the kind of records we like to see...
    I agree. I just don't understand the constant arguing of trivialities.
    And you didn't just recommend GOOD alternatives for this particular person, his location etc....you made an APPROPRIATE recommendation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Since the OP posted a week ago that he'd already decided on Weistec, I'm not sure what revisiting this accomplishes. But LZH, since you're asking, I'll attempt to address some of your questions:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Do you think running a site like this doesn't cost anything ?
    Of course it costs money to run a forum - one would have to be naive to think otherwise. I never said it was free.

Of course Sticky is going to recommend his sponsors.
    Yes, you say this like it's a no-brainer; and it is. However, this bias might not have been known or obvious to the OP, who was seeking advice from the forum. While it's one of the aspects that makes GermanBoost different, perhaps this is partially why you don't see forum owners/admins, frequently participating in "which vendor to use?" threads - the conflict of interest is inescapable.

In this case, the OP gave very little info about his situation (E63? C63? ML63? We don't know. Located in US, Europe, Asia, or elsewhere? Wants max power to try and set track records, or prefers reliability and just wants a little faster than stock? Wants an upgrade path to much larger power levels, or is simply looking for a tune? He never publicly mentioned any of this info, and it would be very helpful in trying to give useful advice germaine to his situation.)

All of these questions would be worth asking, IMHO, before then trying to pair his situation with an appropriate response. A blanket statement in the very first reply, by the forum's owner, with "these four firms are your best choices" - all four of which pay money to the person making the comment, and without first learning any more about the situation, seemed... knee-jerk. Or robotic. Or self-serving while being politically-correct. Or all of the above - you get the idea.

They are all good, reputable vendors...are there other good vendors/tuners out there ? Yeah, but who gives a $#@! ?
    The OP, perhaps?

This isn't a non-profit site and the fact that you throw MHP into the equation only shows how argumentative you are. MHP, give me a $#@!in break.
    You brought up MHP, before anyone else, in the 3rd post in this thread - I'm confident those three letters wouldn't even be in this thread if it weren't for your post. My only point in mentioning MHP was to inquire if Sticky recommended MHP, back when MHP sponsored his forum, since he obviously doesn't recommend them now that they don't. If Renntech hypothetically pulled their sponsorship, for example, should one expect they'll still be on his list of recommendationed M156 tuners when this question is asked in the future?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I don't just take or recommend anyone.
    You've had vendors offer to sponsor GermanBoost but you turned them away?

I don't see Vath or Brabus setting the kind of records we like to see...
    What kind of records do you like to see?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Since the OP posted a week ago that he'd already decided on Weistec, I'm not sure what revisiting this accomplishes.
    You did exactly that for how many posts after he posted he made his decision?

Yes, you say this like it's a no-brainer; and it is. However, this bias might not have been known or obvious to the OP, who was seeking advice from the forum.
    And you posted your suggestions as well, did anyone stop you? What bias? That I think our vendors offer the best M156 products? Um, you haven't named any better tuners, sorry.

Where is the Brabus SC? Where are the dyno charts for the various tunes from your mentioned tuners? Isn't Vaeth just selling Wesitec stuf anyway? Where are the 1/4 mile times? I can rattle off a list of tuners so long that it will make your head spin but they are just names.

In this case, the OP gave very little info about his situation
    No kidding, and you listed 1 realistic alternative. Simply nitpicking without basis.

My only point in mentioning MHP was to inquire if Sticky recommended MHP, back when MHP sponsored his forum, since he obviously doesn't recommend them now that they don't.
    MHP has switched through several different tuners due to actions of the owner alienating people but the fact is I still state the software is quality. You don't seem to understand it isn't an issue with the product as much as personal issues created by said owner.

If Renntech hypothetically pulled their sponsorship, for example, should one expect they'll still be on his list of recommendationed M156 tuners when this question is asked in the future?
    Not if Renntech creates multiple usernames and creates threads attempting to ruin the reputation of quality vendors here. The thing is, Renntech won't do that. They are on a whole different level of ability and professionalism.

Once again, I see nothing wrong with my suggestions as they are the best available in the United States and worldwide by far and I'm proud this forum has all 4 which no other MB forum can say. Bias would be censoring mention or links of any other suggestion. Go try to mention certain people on MBworld and see how that goes for you. You done?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

You've had vendors offer to sponsor GermanBoost but you turned them away?
    More than once.

What kind of records do you like to see?
    Let's see, this is a performance enthusiast oriented site. Where are the Brabus 1/4 mile records? Mile records? Dyno records? Vaeth? MKB? Anybody? They just are big names that sell things at huge markup in Europe. They can't even compete in the US market. They live off their brand, not because they push the envelope or offer a competitive option for enthusiasts.

Hell, a Brabus badge for your car probably costs as much as a Eurocharged tune. I can't believe you seriously suggested what you did and actually I did not take it seriously.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Weistec tune update

Got my car tuned by Weistec and did the adaptive transmission reset today. All I can say is WOW !! I'm seriously considering selling my Vette. I found my new "toy". Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jjdejd Click here to enlarge
    Got my car tuned by Weistec and did the adaptive transmission reset today. All I can say is WOW !! I'm seriously considering selling my Vette. I found my new "toy". Click here to enlarge
    Great, I'm very happy with your choice.

It's time for a dyno. Enjoy your ride and be safe out there. Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Mercedes in the Gulf & the Middle East