Close

Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,246
    Rep Points
    6,792.5
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    Underground Racing Twin Turbo Lamborghinis vs AMS Alpha Omega GT-R at King of The Street

    1500+ WHP Racing - 2 Underground Racing "R" Version 1500+ WHP Twin Turbo Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggeras Racing against the AMS "Alpha Omega" 1500+ WHP Nissan GT-R.
    Simulated street racing event held by the Texas Speed Syndicate on April 29, 2012

    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    19
    Rep Points
    65.6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You had me at twin turbo...
    Click here to enlarge
    504rwhp 570rwtq on the heartbreaker - Eurocharged "Jerry" Tuned

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,462
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    damn. i guess there still is only one true king

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    893
    Rep Points
    440.2
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MistressE55 Click here to enlarge
    You had me at twin turbo...
    Hahaha...repped for truth and a good one liner.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,485
    Rep Points
    32,174.5
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Seems like the starts were hard to judge? GT-R hung in very well.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,051
    Rep Points
    339.4
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Same hp for both cars. But the Lambo has a better weight advantage.
    C63 Tuned Only 60-130 in 8.71

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,051
    Rep Points
    339.4
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Seems like the starts were hard to judge? GT-R hung in very well.
    It was like 2-3cars.
    C63 Tuned Only 60-130 in 8.71

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    85
    Rep Points
    132.3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonsC63AMG Click here to enlarge
    It was like 2-3cars.
    Yea, it was a pretty convincing loss. Wonder why though if all cars had close to same power, and similar transmission types.

    Lambo lighter than the GTR?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,485
    Rep Points
    32,174.5
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ken_C Click here to enlarge
    Yea, it was a pretty convincing loss. Wonder why though if all cars had close to same power, and similar transmission types.

    Lambo lighter than the GTR?
    The transmissions are not similar.

    The Lambo is lighter, significantly.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,051
    Rep Points
    339.4
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ken_C Click here to enlarge
    Yea, it was a pretty convincing loss. Wonder why though if all cars had close to same power, and similar transmission types.

    Lambo lighter than the GTR?
    Yes alot lighter.
    C63 Tuned Only 60-130 in 8.71

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    337
    Rep Points
    443.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    If I ever hit the lotto, I'm getting one of those Lambos. That is stupid fast.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL.
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    771.0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    also remember guys it may be the same hp, but there is quite a literage/cylinder count difference. i would venture that ugr still has room left where as ams is at near full tilt.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,485
    Rep Points
    32,174.5
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    also remember guys it may be the same hp, but there is quite a literage/cylinder count difference. i would venture that ugr still has room left where as ams is at near full tilt.
    This is likely true, I thought UGR claimed some 1800+ Gallardo's not too long ago.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,644
    Rep Points
    2,262.8
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    AMS car had a pit-speed limiter holding it at a steady 60mph,Jamie(white UGR S/L)was brake boosting and was unable to stay perfectly alongside the AMS car&was roughly 2 cars ahead at the 60mph start... hence the 2 car jump from the get go. The GTR held the UGR car&the Lambo did not put any more distance between them. Both UGR&AMS agreed in a long thread on nagtroc that the cars are pretty much dead even and whoever got the jump would win. Both parties agreed to a slower,40mph roll next time they meet up. This is the same GTR that runs mid 8's&173mph in the 1/4 which is ridiculous.
    Bob Helms UGR Stage R racing version or whatever they call it was there as well,he flat spotted the tires and withdrew from the event..his car was putting down 1780whp for that event....
    Click here to enlarge

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,485
    Rep Points
    32,174.5
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    AMS car had a pit-speed limiter holding it at a steady 60mph,Jamie(white UGR S/L)was brake boosting and was unable to stay perfectly alongside the AMS car&was roughly 2 cars ahead at the 60mph start... hence the 2 car jump from the get go. The GTR held the UGR car&the Lambo did not put any more distance between them. Both UGR&AMS agreed in a long thread on nagtroc that the cars are pretty much dead even and whoever got the jump would win. Both parties agreed to a slower,40mph roll next time they meet up. This is the same GTR that runs mid 8's&173mph in the 1/4 which is ridiculous.
    Bob Helms UGR Stage R racing version or whatever they call it was there as well,he flat spotted the tires and withdrew from the event..his car was putting down 1780whp for that event....
    Pit speed limiters on cars may be a good solution to ensuring cars start at the same speed in roll on races.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,804
    Rep Points
    2,568.2
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26


    Yes Reputation No
    If they are putting out the same power, then I don't believe they truly would be dead even on the top end... The longer the TTG is in a gear the more its going to pull.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    115
    Rep Points
    169.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonsC63AMG Click here to enlarge
    Same hp for both cars. But the Lambo has a better weight advantage.
    Looks like it has lower drag coefficient as well.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,279
    Rep Points
    460.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    my buddy works with jamie carter and the gallardo won fair and square it did not get a head start it was just the camera angle. also the lambo one by 5-6 cars. and ugr has made 1978whp on stock cams and plastic intake manifold. they now have turbo cams and a nasty aluminum intake manifold

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chi
    Posts
    1,399
    Rep Points
    1,170.1
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The transmissions are not similar.

    The Lambo is lighter, significantly.
    transmission is night and day, expecially with ugrs new race trans

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    also remember guys it may be the same hp, but there is quite a literage/cylinder count difference. i would venture that ugr still has room left where as ams is at near full tilt.
    correct

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is likely true, I thought UGR claimed some 1800+ Gallardo's not too long ago.
    yup, quite a few actually around

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    my buddy works with jamie carter and the gallardo won fair and square it did not get a head start it was just the camera angle. also the lambo one by 5-6 cars. and ugr has made 1978whp on stock cams and plastic intake manifold. they now have turbo cams and a nasty aluminum intake manifold
    right on the money, hell of a car....and the intake is killer
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

    Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

    Sales@eurocharged.com

    Over 7000 customers strong!

    Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

    Click here to enlarge

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,644
    Rep Points
    2,262.8
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    my buddy works with jamie carter and the gallardo won fair and square it did not get a head start it was just the camera angle. also the lambo one by 5-6 cars. and ugr has made 1978whp on stock cams and plastic intake manifold. they now have turbo cams and a nasty aluminum intake manifold
    Strange,Jamie posted on the GTR forum that he was 2 cars ahead at the start...and Kevin from UGR posted the very same thing in the same thread...and also how neither was pulling on one another. I really dont care either way,its a bad ass car
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,644
    Rep Points
    2,262.8
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Jamie Carter posts as "ohiogtr1",his description of the race sounds different than what your buddy who works with him said..kinda sounds pretty much as how I described it above:
    see post #443,547
    'http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index..../page__st__440
    Click here to enlarge

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,279
    Rep Points
    460.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    um im not reading that in the post?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    595
    Rep Points
    729.7
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    It's all about Sexi Jenni's boobs

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •