Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Hennesey transmission upgarde for M156/M159

Does anybody know anything about this?:

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/63tcm.html

Apparently John Hennesey is advertising he can tune the TCU for these cars. I will give him a call tonight and see what he has to offer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    GREAT to see another tuner taking care of this issue.

Heck, even their price isn't out of line, read NO MB tax here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What a joke...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i'm betting he does nothing to it....so no mb tax creates the hennesey tax

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    cool, now just send him the transmission and ...oh ya...thats right the tcu is in the trans....
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

Sales@eurocharged.com

Over 7000 customers strong!

Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    Does anybody know anything about this?:

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/63tcm.html

Apparently John Hennesey is advertising he can tune the TCU for these cars. I will give him a call tonight and see what he has to offer.
    Hennessey will list he has things for basically everything out there.

There are conflicting opinions but if you want something like this you go with a company that has shown the parts, the procedure, and has them all laid out and priced with details.

Hennessey lists this stuff in hopes you call and then they try to sell you on whatever they can. We have guys who are happy with him and those who are not. My personal opinion is there is a much better option for the trans and really only one.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

There are conflicting opinions but if you want something like this you go with a company that has shown the parts, the procedure, and has them all laid out and priced with details.

Hennessey lists this stuff in hopes you call and then they try to sell you on whatever they can. We have guys who are happy with him and those who are not. My personal opinion is, there is a much better option for the trans and really only one.
    couldn't agree more with ya man....

We can tune the 63 trans as well, but until we find a method to do so without having the trans out, its not a worthwile product to try and sell lol.
    Eurocharged Performance

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Hennessey lists this stuff in hopes you call and then they try to sell you on whatever they can. We have guys who are happy with him and those who are not. My personal opinion is there is a much better option for the trans and really only one.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    couldn't agree more with ya man....

We can tune the 63 trans as well, but until we find a method to do so without having the trans out, its not a worthwile product to try and sell lol.
    Okay, are they really this bad?

I know I have heard of some bad news guys, so are they just trolling on this one?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge

I know I have heard of some bad news guys, so are they just trolling on this one?
    let me put it this way..they owe us money for a tune and never paid.

Also, the 63 tcu is located in the trans....so in order to get it tuned, trans has to be removed and tcu sent in. (as of present no tool avail)
    Eurocharged Performance

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    let me put it this way..they owe us money for a tune and never paid.

Also, the 63 tcu is located in the trans....so in order to get it tuned, trans has to be removed and tcu sent in. (as of present no tool avail)

Thanks for setting me striaght JakeClick here to enlarge

So on second hand FTClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

We have a member who deals with Hennessey and likes them. I have read enough over the past decade that I wouldn't send a remote control car to him let alone the real deal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We have a member who deals with Hennessey and likes them. I have read enough over the past decade that I wouldn't send a remote control car to him let alone the real deal.
    Nice touchClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

They are worse.... a friend of mine and I dealt with them a few years back and it was a nightmare. They advertise all these different services, but don't actually do them until after the sale is made. Well.... they've found out the hard way that some of these services are not easy to accomplish, and as such, they've modified a few of their listings to accommodate the problems. They do have a few good programs for other cars, but in general, they have bad reputation across the board and I would definitely not use them for Mercedes.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    They are worse.... a friend of mine and I dealt with them a few years back and it was a nightmare. They advertise all these different services, but don't actually do them until after the sale is made. Well.... they've found out the hard way that some of these services are not easy to accomplish, and as such, they've modified a few of their listings to accommodate the problems. They do have a few good programs for other cars, but in general, they have bad reputation across the board and I would definitely not use them for Mercedes.
    right on the money.....

they sold one of their customers a tune for a black series and advertised X gains. They then had us tune it and we didn't meet their gains advertised but hit ours. They refused to pay for the tune and let the customer leave...

quality!
    Eurocharged Performance

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hav dealt with John and Dave for many years and would use them again in a heartbeat.

The headers on my car are from him an at a piece of art.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    surprised to see tuning company "A" bash tuning company "B" in a public forum.i guess it's more like complaining about "A" owing money to "B" or whatever and then "A" quoting other people bashing "B" then confirming/agreeing with them.

i check out lots of different forums for not only cars,but also guns,pool cues,knives,sports,etc.i don't see a whole lot of this from reputable companies.surprised to see it here.poor form.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by masonh Click here to enlarge
    surprised to see tuning company "A" bash tuning company "B" in a public forum.i guess it's more like complaining about "A" owing money to "B" or whatever and then "A" quoting other people bashing "B" then confirming/agreeing with them.

i check out lots of different forums for not only cars,but also guns,pool cues,knives,sports,etc.i don't see a whole lot of this from reputable companies.surprised to see it here.poor form.
    So you would rather have company "A" who has dealt with company "B" and has had problems with said company "B" not say anything about it? To me it's advantageous to the customer to know how some of these tuner companies deal. Hennessey will say something like "I've had thousands of customers who were happy and then there are only a few that weren't so I guess that's par for the course."

The lawsuits that he had lost in the past are enough to keep me away, but there was something better that I witnessed. Some years back there was a very public forum war on which he decided to join in to defend his actions. Once the members decided to tear into him he didn't hold anything back. It was the most unprofessional I have ever seen anybody act, you would never think that this guy had his cars featured on TV and car magazines. And the one thing that stood out to me is how much John values and loves money, cars will always be secondary to him. Nothing can wash out those forum posts that are burned into my memory.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So you would rather have company "A" who has dealt with company "B" and has had problems with said company "B" not say anything about it?
    not sure why you are getting so defensive,but i think you kind of missed my point anyway.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

wow,did you seriously red rep me for that post?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nope that wasn't me. And I'm not getting defensive just asking a question why you think it's unprofessional for one company who has done business with another to speak out and give their opinion. If it's not a good opinion than why is it bashing?

I'll give you a positive rep because I didn't find your post insulting or anything and don't understand why somebody else would neg you.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I would have if it would have let meClick here to enlarge

If they do not pay another company that they subcontracted to do work for them, F them, IMHO

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

I did

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

No not poor form at all; in my opinion one of the most important functions of these enthusiast-type forums is to help and alert each other in such matters regardless of the type of entity involved (ex: customer or company). Furthermore, when company A uses company B for tuning, then company A becomes also a customer of company B regardless of how reputable or non-reputable company A is. Having this information out in the open can help others avoid a similar problem.

On another note, I've been on many forums as well and I have seen many cases like this where companies post their experiences about other companies (whether good or bad), and this is definitely not a new phenomena. If it is done in a good manner, then I see nothing wrong with it; in fact, I encourage it.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

while I can understand your standpoint, look at it from this way. I am simply trying to protect people from an unfortunate situation. If you look at their website, do you see any mercedes tuning offerings? Im not bashing a competitor at all, and in fact we are pretty good friends with 95% off all our competition. (only one or two we don't get along with) But, when people are looking for a product that has been posted, and the same type of people know who "was" providing the service for company B, company A looks bad when B cannot supply said product.

Does that make more sense?

If you search the forums you will see im one of the first to congradulate weistec / renntech etc when they do something great for the community. That kind of drive only helps everyone to push the platforms further!
    Eurocharged Performance

Sales@eurocharged.com

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

What are you talking about? I only see users talking about it.

Eurocharged simply stated they have an outstanding balance, valid.