Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Anyone work with Plasti Dip?

I'm thinking about blacking out a few of my emblems (mainly the C63 and the AMG emblems and part of the chrome on my grill in gloss black for the emblems and matte black for the grill part). Anyone work with it and have any pics they can post? I'm afraid it's going to fall off or just not make a clean edge like I want, basically just look like a $#@!ty version of painting the parts. The other option is just getting my OEM badges painted or getting another set that's already glossy black. What you guys think? LMK if you guys have any experience or have any pics or anything helpful haha...Thanks guys!
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I don't have any close up pics, but we did the front lip of my girl friend's VW Rabbit with it. It's super easy to work with, but it has a kind of textured/rubbery look and feel to it. I wouldn't recommend using it if you are looking for a smooth glossy finish. To explain it as best as I can, it resembles OEM unpainted plastic. It looks decent for a cheap solution to a front lip, but I wouldn't personally recommend it for your emblems. I can probably dig up some pictures if you want to see some though.
    Current: 2012 CTS-V - stock for now
    Past: 2009 135i 6MT - JB4, bolt ons, meth, E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I've plasti dipped emblems and grilles on multiple cars, thinking about doing the roof too. its very easy and forgiving if you've got any sort of spray/paint experience. If you spray the right distance you can get it to be perfectly smooth matte black. Too close or far and itll be textured.

Check out Dipyourcar .com for tips and videos/instructions

you can use it on literally anything and theres even a gloss aftercoat for it. best of all its durable and yet still removable in the long run.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    plasti dip is very popular in the RC hobby where you want to waterproof things. It's really good stuff.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just something to consider you can probably just buy blacked out emblems and keep yours in case you want to switch back.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I did a quick search but couldn't find any...know of any good places to get them from?
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    I did a quick search but couldn't find any...know of any good places to get them from?
    Ebay likely is a good source.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They used to have them at home depot. I know they discontinued it for a while and they just came back. I might just do it to my rims to see how they look before I drop the dough to powdercoat it and make it permanent. I would do it to the emblems. If you don't like it, you just peel it off like tape when it's dry haha.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.