Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Got a tune from OE

pleasant experience with Josh at OE Tuning.

i just bought an '07 E63 about a month ago and started lurking on all of the forums.decided i would go for a tune and chose OE.

it was all very quick and easy.Josh e-mailed me instructions on Wednesday morning,i pulled the ECU and sent it USPS Express to OE.Thursday after lunch he called me to say he was done with the tune and sent it back to me USPS Express.Friday at noon the ECU was delivered back to me by USPS,i installed it in just a few minutes.i could instantly feel the difference in power/torque and throttle response.

i know 31hp and 35ft-lbs is not a lot of an increase and i guess it's the 35ft-lbs that i am feeling,but i really can feel it and so can my ECS.it is really being worked now at 2nd gear.it definitely hits 2nd gear harder than before.i haven't gone full bore with ECS off since the tune,but i feel like i will have to be very careful when it shifts into 2nd gear.in 1st from a stop or roll i could roast the tires as long as i wanted to,but i'm sure a bone stock E63 would do that too.anyway no scientific data,but i am happy with the tune.

i would like to try the new harmonic balancer from Evo but can't justify the $/hp ratio.maybe if they go on sale for $500 i'll grab one up,or if i run across a used one.

new here and i apologize if this thread is in the wrong place.please move it if it is mods.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

nice, get some #'s out of it now Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i'm going to try.there's no 1/4 mile track where i live.only an 1/8 mile.i may have to set up my own track and check.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

good review, nice to see how the tune is for different people.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Enjoy your new found power!
    Had the OE tune for over a year and I couldn't be happier.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

OE tune is a monster! I love mine.
    C63 Tuned Only 60-130 in 8.71

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I would stay away from the harmonic balancer. Not an easy install and if it's not done 100% perfectly you could have huge problems plus you really don't get much power from it. the M156 is starved for air - best mods are intake and exhaust, that's where you will get the best gains and of course a tune to go with it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

thanks LHZ.i figured the radiator and some other stuff would have to come out,and on top of that i'm not willing to pay $1000 for 10hp.thought maybe if i found one for $500 on the boards somewhere i might give it a try.

no tuners in my area,but luckily i have access to an incredible BMW/Mercedes mechanic with 40 years experience.

he just did motor mounts today and i had no idea how rough my car was.it is so much smoother it feels like a different car.

who do you recommend for intake,not willing to spend the money for the gains on a full exhaust?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Thread is in the right place. Guys like their OE tunes on this motor.