Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Don't worry about this guy. I guess where he lives having a 135i at 17 is rare. In SoCal half of my school got Benzs/BMWs at 16.

I don't even know who his original post was directed at. No one in the thread was hating on the OP.
    Exactly, who doesn't have a C-Class or 3-Series in Socal? My school was filled with them.

He thinks he's cooler than he actually is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whiteshadow001 Click here to enlarge
    If I get the M3 I'm getting the DCT because I'm a technology junkie and to me the DCT is awesome. I love a manual as much as the next guy but the DCT in my eyes was designed to be put into the M3. I love mustangs, but I live in race city North Carolina (Mooresville) and everyone drives some type of mustang so I want to be different. I really like the challenger if we're talking muscle cars here. Going to test drive the AMG and make my choice after that. I've driven on the track alot with some friends in their cars and I've grwon up around racing since my grandpa is in the RV business.
    Mooresville, NC that is home of all the Nascar teams. 99% of the drivers live there on Lake Norman.

Sounds like you might like the C63, kinda like a German muscle car.

That would be my grandpa, and I know you didnt say this, but I'm not trying to be a bratty kid here (just clarifying haha) I appreciate all the help you guys are giving and I definitely appreciate what my grandpa is giving me. I'll cherish this car, because my grandpa raised me. My dad left when I was real little and didn't really care about me, so this car will mean alot to me coming from my grandpa
    No worries man, enjoy the car (which ever one you choose).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yea I live on lake norman haha! I'll be sure to post which ever car I get, thanks for all the help everyone!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

DOOD, you should've told me, I'm in Greensboro...damn you should've let me know I could've swung by last weekend...now that finals are starting I need to study. I didn't know you were in NC...if you get the car soon, we should get together...But yeah if you like muscle cars, you'll like the C63...the only bummer I've experienced so far is the gas mileage...lol...terrible...but if you drive it slowly it's not bad (I got 21 mpg driving from Fayetteville, to Cary, then Cary to Gbo...) and if I drive tamely in the city I can get ~16 mpg...when I stomp it...I can get under 10 mpg LOL... >_<

Either way man...good luck with the decision...get ON IT!! Click here to enlarge
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You nailed it man, I'm jealous.
    You don't need to be, you have a crazy M3 coming your way. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    DOOD, you should've told me, I'm in Greensboro...damn you should've let me know I could've swung by last weekend...now that finals are starting I need to study. I didn't know you were in NC...if you get the car soon, we should get together...But yeah if you like muscle cars, you'll like the C63...the only bummer I've experienced so far is the gas mileage...lol...terrible...but if you drive it slowly it's not bad (I got 21 mpg driving from Fayetteville, to Cary, then Cary to Gbo...) and if I drive tamely in the city I can get ~16 mpg...when I stomp it...I can get under 10 mpg LOL... >_<

Either way man...good luck with the decision...get ON IT!! Click here to enlarge
    Heck yea man! Meet up in charlotte sometime

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

LOL i like how the demeanor of this bmwtek kid changes after being neg repped up the $#@!.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

At 21 just be happy to get whatever on the list. I wasnt so lucky at that age.
    C63 Tuned Only 60-130 in 8.71

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think you're best off getting the M3 because it is a beautiful car, drives incredibly, has everything you need, and on top of all that has free maintenance. Brakes, oil, and other work come out to be very expensive for competitor cars of the same caliber. Don't go american, you're not spending the money so you might as well take the best car you can. IS-F is a good car but doesn't stand a chance against the M3 or C63.
    But then again, if you have the money, get the C63... it is $#@!ing INSANE and has such a high power potential with "bolt on" mods and a tune.
    I'm planning on picking up a C63 Black Series within the next year so if you're ever in LA I can give you a ride. I have plenty of friends with M3's too.
    2009.5 AW E90 335i ZMP - SOLD
    2013 E92 M3 6MT ZCP - Space Grey/Fox Red Click here to enlarge

Want to Buy: 1977-89 Porsche 911 Turbo Coupe (930)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think you're best off getting the M3 because it is a beautiful car, drives incredibly, has everything you need, and on top of all that has free maintenance. Brakes, oil, and other work come out to be very expensive for competitor cars of the same caliber.

he makes a valid point with the BMA free maintenance.although it will basically boil down to 3-4 free oil changes and maybe a set of brakes.i think it's only good for 3/36k.used to be anyway.

i remember 10-15 years ago when M3's were somewhat rare,now it seems like every college kid in the area has one.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I'd get the CTS-V Sedan.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ok so just an update on where I'm at. Test drove every car on the list and it's down to just the M3 and C63 AMG. I liked the AMG almost as much as the M3. Things I liked about the AMG were the engine, interior was great, it rode very nicely (no jarring or bumpyness), the overall look and feel of the car. Things I really really didnt like were the transmission, the audio system, more blind spots than the M3, felt bigger, sometimes felt a little overpowered. The reason I didn't like the transmission was because it felt like there was lag time between shifts. It really doesn't compare to the DCT that the M3 offers. I almost felt like the longevity of the transmission in the AMG would be shorter than what I would get in the M3. Overall though, no matter what I pick, other kids my age won't have a car like this and I can't really go wrong with either one.

The day I pick is coming soon so I'll keep you guys posted. Again thanks for all the input you guys have given me, the community here is very helpful. Thanks for all your help, I'll tell you my decision very soon Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Ok so just an update on where I'm at. Test drove every car on the list and it's down to just the M3 and C63 AMG. I liked the AMG almost as much as the M3. Things I liked about the AMG were the engine, interior was great, it rode very nicely (no jarring or bumpyness), the overall look and feel of the car. Things I really really didnt like were the transmission, the audio system, more blind spots than the M3, felt bigger, sometimes felt a little overpowered. The reason I didn't like the transmission was because it felt like there was lag time between shifts. It really doesn't compare to the DCT that the M3 offers. I almost felt like the longevity of the transmission in the AMG would be shorter than what I would get in the M3. Overall though, no matter what I pick, other kids my age won't have a car like this and I can't really go wrong with either one.

The day I pick is coming soon so I'll keep you guys posted. Again thanks for all the input you guys have given me, the community here is very helpful. Thanks for all your help, I'll tell you my decision very soon Click here to enlarge
    Looking forward to your decision. any of the two you choose will be an amazing car no doubt! Seems like you are leaning towards the m3 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Sounds about right. Transmission longevity would be the other way around, DCT would be more prone to wear.

Can't go wrong with either car really.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345