Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question Kleemann Experience

I'm currently researching companies for an ECU tune on my 2012 CLS550.
    Does anyone have 1st hand experience with Kleemann... either positive or negative?
    Overall, what is their reputation in the tuning community?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    They used to be a big player when they were producing superchargers back in the day, not anymore IMO.

The twin turbo Mercedes scene so far is dominated by Renntech then Weistec. Kleemann hasn't shown much of anything.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 427 Click here to enlarge
    I'm currently researching companies for an ECU tune on my 2012 CLS550.
    Does anyone have 1st hand experience with Kleemann... either positive or negative?
    Overall, what is their reputation in the tuning community?
    Kleemann's reputation in the tuning community is stellar. They have excellent hardware and software for many MB and AMG variants - V6 and V8 Kompressor motors, V12 biturbo, M156/M159, etc etc. Also, FWIW, their pricing is typically very competitive - especially when considered amongst the other top-notch MB tuners.

I've heard that they have a M157 tune available, but I haven't seen any data, nor do I know if they have a M278 tune yet - but would be surprised if they didn't, or at least would soon.

If you're in the U.S., I'd highly recommend you contact Cory @ Kleemann USA - he's extremely friendly and knowledgeable, and will be able to give you the info you're looking for.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

He is correct their reputation is stellar.

They just have not pushed modern platforms like other MB tuners.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They used to be a big player when they were producing superchargers back in the day, not anymore IMO.

The twin turbo Mercedes scene so far is dominated by Renntech then Weistec. Kleemann hasn't shown much of anything.
    Sticky - Thanx for the feedback. Since I'm just a rookie here, I might be a little confused... I recently read some older articles that appeared to indicate that Kleemann and Weistec have joined forces (maybe it was just for some projects). I would have been interested in a Weistec tune, but they don't list the M278 engine on their website (like Kleemann does). Do you know if Weistec has any plans for this engine too?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    Kleemann's reputation in the tuning community is stellar. They have excellent hardware and software for many MB and AMG variants - V6 and V8 Kompressor motors, V12 biturbo, M156/M159, etc etc. Also, FWIW, their pricing is typically very competitive - especially when considered amongst the other top-notch MB tuners.

I've heard that they have a M157 tune available, but I haven't seen any data, nor do I know if they have a M278 tune yet - but would be surprised if they didn't, or at least would soon.

If you're in the U.S., I'd highly recommend you contact Cory @ Kleemann USA - he's extremely friendly and knowledgeable, and will be able to give you the info you're looking for.

c32AMG-DTM: I appreciate your insight and will touch base with Cory.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    He is correct their reputation is stellar.

They just have not pushed modern platforms like other MB tuners.
    Sticky - Thanx for the clarification regarding Kleemann. Not knowing much about tuners makes for a difficult decision. Right now, it appears that RENNtech is focused much more on the M157 engine, and I can't blame them... it has more 'bragging rights'. Thatz NOT a bad thing either, just not what I'm interested in. I only wished my initial communication with RENNtech was more positive... their response (or lack thereof) left me somewhat underwhelmed. Maybe I was expecting too much...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Sticky - Thanx for the feedback. Since I'm just a rookie here, I might be a little confused... I recently read some older articles that appeared to indicate that Kleemann and Weistec have joined forces (maybe it was just for some projects). I would have been interested in a Weistec tune, but they don't list the M278 engine on their website (like Kleemann does). Do you know if Weistec has any plans for this engine too?
    Not joined forces but that Kleemann's network will help distribute Weistec products.

I'll find out for you regarding Weistec and the M278. For now, Renntech is your best bet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Sticky - Thanx for the clarification regarding Kleemann. Not knowing much about tuners makes for a difficult decision. Right now, it appears that RENNtech is focused much more on the M157 engine, and I can't blame them... it has more 'bragging rights'. Thatz NOT a bad thing either, just not what I'm interested in. I only wished my initial communication with RENNtech was more positive... their response (or lack thereof) left me somewhat underwhelmed. Maybe I was expecting too much...
    How did you communicate with them? Phone is best but also e-mail and say you were referred by Sticky @ BenzBoost. They will get someone to help you, I'll make sure of it Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Asked for you, the Weistec M278 tune is coming. No time table but expect it relatively soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sticky - THANX for all the help and feedback... this is very confusing for a newbie. In the past, I've both called and emailed RENNtech. When I did speak with a rep, they were extremely nice, but somewhat reserved in answering questions (almost like they thought I was a spy). With email followups, they promised to get back to me, but never did. In business, it happens all too often... no problem. For the strangest part, it appears I can find out more here than directly from the company... kudos to this forum!

I look forward to hearing about the upcoming Weistec M278 tune... please keep us informed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Sticky - THANX for all the help and feedback... this is very confusing for a newbie.
    No prob, it's what I'm here for.

When I did speak with a rep, they were extremely nice, but somewhat reserved in answering questions (almost like they thought I was a spy). With email followups, they promised to get back to me, but never did. In business, it happens all too often... no problem. For the strangest part, it appears I can find out more here than directly from the company... kudos to this forum!
    Honestly, it's like this with everything. When the Audi R8 was coming out and I was on the list when I wanted info I got it all on the forums as the salesmen didn't know anything. I love forums precisely due to this quick and easy exchange of information. Just send a PM to @mark@renntech or @lenny@renntech and they will get to you, I promise.

I look forward to hearing about the upcoming Weistec M278 tune... please keep us informed.
    Of course, you will hear about it first with the best technical details here. In return, tell some of your MB friends to join Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanx again for all your help and guidance. I will try to touch base with RENNtech again next week.
    And I certainly would encourage any MB fan to join the forum... it is a wealth of support and knowledge!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Weistec is the only way to go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

I know OE Tuning was working on something, but that was last year in the fall. When we were beta testing the 1M tune he was also doing a new CLS550, it made 508whp I think on its best pass. I got some vids of the dyno run that I should put up somewhere.

Have no idea how far he has gone other than that dyno test...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hey 427 I'm new here too and getting some stuff done to my car. Did you decide who and what you're going with?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stronghands Click here to enlarge
    Hey 427 I'm new here too and getting some stuff done to my car. Did you decide who and what you're going with?
    Nothing yet... work has been crazy. There are a few of the typical top contenders... and a few that have yet to finalize their tune for the M278. Hopefully, this summer I'll get some vacation time to do some playing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Renntech is the only way to go. Not only have they shown by far the best results for these new V8 turbos, but they have been in business for over 20 years now and always have been on top. All these other tunes have generic tunes from their tool supplier like "Dimsport", those are decent tunes but are designed to get their customers, the "tuners", a good base they can build their own tunes from. Renntech has 2 excellent fulltime software engineers developing tuning software all day long and thats why they have consistently better tunes for these engines and sets them way apart from everybody else.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I ended up with Renntech.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I ended up with Renntech.
    Excellent choice! Please give us some feedback when you have an opportunity.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Excellent choice! Please give us some feedback when you have an opportunity.
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Will do, car will be ready next week.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AMG4V Click here to enlarge
    Renntech is the only way to go. Not only have they shown by far the best results for these new V8 turbos, but they have been in business for over 20 years now and always have been on top. All these other tunes have generic tunes from their tool supplier like "Dimsport", those are decent tunes but are designed to get their customers, the "tuners", a good base they can build their own tunes from. Renntech has 2 excellent fulltime software engineers developing tuning software all day long and thats why they have consistently better tunes for these engines and sets them way apart from everybody else.
    You are quite correct.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Will do, car will be ready next week.
    Before/after dyno would be great.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sticky I'm having it done at the Benz Dealer I'm guessing they wont do a Dyno on it? Not sure. Complete newbie here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast