Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

M156 Vortech Supercharged by RG Motorsport

I knew this car was in development for a while and it seems to be done. The only information at the moment is what can be seen on the video. From the video and with what sounds like a stock exhaust system it pushed out 533whp which is decent in my books and at our altitude (5600ft).
    I think this is the first Vortech option but they are claiming to be the world first supercharged which is strange to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    George they are the guys that have a SC for E9X M3's, right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    George they are the guys that have a SC for E9X M3's, right?
    Same guys.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pretty nice numbers...the graphics look too cheesy and the stuff under the engine makes it look like an Autobot wanna be...lol but I would like to see where they go with it and know the actual mods on this car...that's a pretty nice increase Click here to enlarge
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like a nice kit. I actually like it.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    to be fair, it sounds like they meant that it's the first c63 to be supercharged by rgm... and not claiming that they are the first to supercharge a c63... that's how i took it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks good!
    C63 Tuned Only 60-130 in 8.71

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, we all know who the "First" is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sincity Click here to enlarge
    Well, we all know who the "First" is.
    I think only girls can claim that hehe For all we know there was some barn project in Kazahkstan Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    they wont beat Weistec. Design of the supercharger maximises Horsepower, but wont push torque where we expect it like in the twin screw Weistec supercharger (more reason we could not see any dyno sheets from them). This system changes the pattern of airflow and releases it on the left side of the engine. Just where are the pullies that should be supporting this?. Cheap in my opinion

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think it looks fantastic and welcome all the s/c options we can. I prefer a TS setup, but that doesnt always mean its better or a centri doesn't have advantages.
    Thanks GS, good to see their are options out there

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    This system changes the pattern of airflow and releases it on the left side of the engine.
    I think next time take some time to study what you are about to say. The outlet of the charger goes into the heat exchanger first and then directly up into the plenum. I don't know how you concluded that it goes in the left side of the motor?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you are right it does look a little 'autobot-ish'... Good design though and I hope they keep increasing the power levels.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I think it looks fantastic and welcome all the s/c options we can. I prefer a TS setup, but that doesnt always mean its better or a centri doesn't have advantages.
    Thanks GS, good to see their are options out there
    +1
    The more options, the better.
    There's absolutely no call for knocking this setup until we see a complete dataset. It may be the case that it doesn't perform as well as Weistec's; however, we don't know much about this setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    I knew this car was in development for a while and it seems to be done. The only information at the moment is what can be seen on the video. From the video and with what sounds like a stock exhaust system it pushed out 533whp which is decent in my books and at our altitude (5600ft).
    I think this is the first Vortech option but they are claiming to be the world first supercharged which is strange to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DhEp...yer_detailpage

How do you know what it hit at the wheels? Do you have the graph? What kind of dyno is that?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bluejae Click here to enlarge
    to be fair, it sounds like they meant that it's the first c63 to be supercharged by rgm... and not claiming that they are the first to supercharge a c63... that's how i took it
    Doesn't make any sense, the claim is they are the first in the world to do their own SC? Ya, kind of self-fulfilling isn't it?

I took it as them claiming to be the first in the world supercharge the M156 which is wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    maybe they never heard of weistec...?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    maybe they never heard of weistec...?
    Then I'd be very concerned about their knowledge of this platform.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Solid numbers!
    Nice to see a centrifugal kit for the M156.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How do you know what it hit at the wheels? Do you have the graph? What kind of dyno is that?
    You can see the figures climb on a display in the video on the driver door profile. I think it's a dastek loading dyno. It's accurate. Good thing with RGM cars is once they are ready the media gets them so soon there will be plenty info available on it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can see the figures climb on a display in the video on the driver door profile. I think it's a dastek loading dyno. It's accurate. Good thing with RGM cars is once they are ready the media gets them so soon there will be plenty info available on it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd like to see the graph.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    they wont beat Weistec. Design of the supercharger maximises Horsepower, but wont push torque where we expect it like in the twin screw Weistec supercharger (more reason we could not see any dyno sheets from them).

from the numbers they put up,it looks like it is stronger than the weistec to me.they claim stock crank hp to be 450 and they took it to 767 and they claim stock torque to be 443 and took it to 645.if i am reading any of these numbers wrong,i apologize up front.

those actually look like gains i would be more than pleased with,basically 200 and 200.of course we don't know what else was done to the car for sure.but to me it sounds like the OP is right,sounds like the exhaust is stock.might be race gas and high boost?might be ?

looks like weistec claims gains of 100 and 100 for their stage 1 SC set-up,which is the SC and a tune.and their stage 1+ with headers,full exhaust,tune and cat-delete claims 144/167 which considering that is at the wheel i guess it would be similar to these guys at RG since they are giving numnbers at the crank.but again this is also run at 5600 feet!

i will say that if the numbers are real when it's released to the public,i'll buy one.200/200 at the crank for a SC and tune sounds good to me.

it was kind of funny,in the beginning they had that blueprint type page.i was looking to see what other mods it might have or not have.in the upper left corner it said,"RGM Supercharger=Crazy Performance".very technical right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2108 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by masoh Click here to enlarge
    from the numbers they put up,it looks like it is stronger than the weistec to me.they claim stock crank hp to be 450 and they took it to 767 and they claim stock torque to be 443 and took it to 645.if i am reading any of these numbers wrong,i apologize up front.
    This is the problem with treating numbers as absolutes. That is a completely different dyno and secondly there are no 1/4 mile times for this setup. It looks like it could be nice, but thus far we haven't seen anything from it.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by masoh Click here to enlarge
    looks like weistec claims gains of 100 and 100 for their stage 1 SC set-up,which is the SC and a tune.and their stage 1+ with headers,full exhaust,tune and cat-delete claims 144/167 which considering that is at the wheel i guess it would be similar to these guys at RG since they are giving numnbers at the crank.but again this is also run at 5600 feet!
    You can't compare it arbitrarily like that.

Regardless, Weistec's SLS supercharger shows you just what kind of numbers they can reach on 91 octane on the stock internals and secondly they have some stages in the works that are going to put them so far ahead of everyone else this comparison will look like a joke... which it is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    they have some stages in the works that are going to put them so far ahead of everyone else this comparison will look like a joke... which it is.
    M33's like post. I understand Weistec is a vendor here, but more options is always better. Whether it's come from vendors or not.

IMO, a centri suits this engine better. M156 already has low end grunt, with a centri you would add power up top which is what this engine needs. It's not like S65 which suffers from lack of torque in lower RPM's, it's more like a LS7 and most people get centri in that platform. Also less torque means less transmission issues and since centri isn't as harsh as TS to internals, you can throw more boost in it in higher RPM's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast