Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Renntech certified dealership...

So...I found out that the MB dealership down the street is Renntech certified...I'll only be here for a few more months then I'm moving to MS and there are no certified dealerships there.

So the question is: should I slam out the cash and get the headers/exhaust/tune now to keep it under warranty...or wait? Because I'd like to stay with Weistec but keeping in warranty would be a great bonus...no clue...either way any input would be nice...including any good personal experiences with either...and any gains between the two different companies. Thanks!
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Depends what is most important to you - going fast or having a warranty. Only you can decide that. For what you will spend on Renntech stuff at a dealer you will be pretty close to Weistec blower price.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you intend to SC it doesn't matter then.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Alright, I planning on full high flow cat exhaust, and a tune...then saving up for the blower...so...just an idea

Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tune, definitely. Exhaust, definitely. Blower, definitely.

Warranty? Well... there goes that Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    If you are talking about the factory warranty then it does not matter where you get parts installed. Your drivetrain warranty is pretty much in question no matter what when you put performance parts on. Just because the dealership does the install does not help you at the next place at all. Having a good relationship with your dealer does. Just remember that any part that is modified is no longer covered and that any part compromised by the mods on your car is not either. The burden of proof is on the manufacturer but that is a tough battle. If a Mercedes rep sees you car at the dealer they will right your vin down and it will be referenced in the system for authorization on drivetrain repairs. Seen it happen a few times.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ah..thanks whipple that makes a lot of sense...I will be moving twice in the next two years so it'll be hard to build a relationship with my dealer...my BMW dealer here and I are best friends...they even fixed an issue with a kinked meth line I had haha...(Oh what a bottle of good wine can do)...but we'll have to see...I will probably drive the car stock for about a year...then mess with some stuff...only thing I'm going to do ASAP is install Weistec's Air/Oil separator...but just a thought because there weren't that many renntech service dealers around where I'll be...but thanks guys...I'll just have to find a good shop to install my stuff in around my apt in MS and find one NC when I get back... Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    (Oh what a bottle of good wine can do
    What wine?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I got her a Caymus Napa Valley Cabernet '09...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2134 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's just standard caymus. No worries i gave jeremy an '06 for tuning my car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha she didn't tune my car...just didn't void my warranty for all the parts I had in my car...I bought the tech an 15 y.o. scotch Click here to enlarge nothing special but they aren't my best friends either haha

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i'd go renntech hardware, weistec tune, then sc and free weistec tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hmm...I'll have to research what gains I can get out of different hardware setups...I still have to research what the different types of tubes do and what it costs and all that...MBworld.org has some sort of explanation but it doesn't tell what each type of tube does...just says that it increases performance...also I want to stay legal so I have to figure out a setup with high flow cats and stuff...also I don't want to be too loud so I have to add silencers or resonators...this is going to take a while to figure out lol...but I figure, I would get the hardware first, then go with a tune to deal with the changed performance and then live with that for 3 years until my lease is up then buy out and put the SC in... Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge