Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

The price of the converter with no exchange is really pretty good then.
    As far as removing the valve body in an hour this is true but this is to remove the vb. I charge 2.5 for a valvebody with no programming. Which this does not require. I would think that most would charge 3-3.5. Filling these and setting fluid level is just time consuming.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whipplem104 Click here to enlarge
    The price of the converter with no exchange is really pretty good then.
    As far as removing the valve body in an hour this is true but this is to remove the vb. I charge 2.5 for a valvebody with no programming. Which this does not require. I would think that most would charge 3-3.5. Filling these and setting fluid level is just time consuming.
    Where do you work?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I am doing work for an independent in Bellevue, WA and have my own business there also. I am going to buy the other business out in the next year or two. Right now it is a little confusing for customers but cleaner on paper. Mercedes Centrum is the original business and mine is Sound German Automotive. Do not know how it will all shake out exactly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I am doing work for an independent in Bellevue, WA and have my own business there also. I am going to buy the other business out in the next year or two. Right now it is a little confusing for customers but cleaner on paper. Mercedes Centrum is the original business and mine is Sound German Automotive. Do not know how it will all shake out exactly.
    However it does, good luck.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

This guy is a solid mechanic! I used him for my headers, quaife, brake rotors, and line lock install. Look no further for a mercedes tech!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Sticky, you are the man!

good timing and excellent communicationClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thanks Sticky and Even Money. I hope everything works the way I hope. The idea of going back to the dealerships again is a little much to bare.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Thanks to Sticky, Weistec and to all others who tried answering my questions.Click here to enlarge

Time to order a torque converter.Click here to enlarge
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Interesting discussion going on in the same thread over on MBW....looks like Jim and Earl are giving our old buddy Propain a good thrashing lol...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Interesting discussion going on in the same thread over on MBW....looks like Jim and Earl are giving our old buddy Propain a good thrashing lol...
    i saw that......and Propain says he has no interest in modding his car but is wanting results and is looking for a warranty with the Weistec stuff .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Come on guys...i was bored and thought it was time for some fun and what better to have it at his expense!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Don't be too rough on him or you may make him run home crying.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

I just got my Bocelli tickets for vegas in November and I guess I was feeling a bit feisty...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

geez that just made me sound old.....

Let me rephrase, my wife is Italian and we have missed two chances to see him in Italy. When I saw this one I had to jump (besides it is in November so my car will be going out to Weistec via vegas for some at this point unknown upgrades).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I don't think Bocelli is necessarily generational, pretty popular all around and for a long time. I would like to see him live, missed him at the Pond (Honda Center) not too long ago.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

LOL - Earl, that was some good reading. I went round and round with him when the Weistec blower was first released and he said he needed to see results before he would consider it....LOL. riiight. All he cares about is 60-130 tune only.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

LOL - Earl, that was some good reading. I went round and round with him when the Weistec blower was first released and he said he needed to see results before he would consider it....LOL. riiight. All he cares about is 60-130 tune only.
    He's a tool, a tire kicking tool! His logic makes about as much sense as me calling up a plastic surgeon asking questions about getting a boob job for myself....I love tits, but I would never buy a set for myself LOL.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    He's a tool, a tire kicking tool! His logic makes about as much sense as me calling up a plastic surgeon asking questions about getting a boob job for myself....I love tits, but I would never buy a set for myself LOL.
    Oh come on now, think of the possibilitiesClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

This is a great package from Weistec.... with such nice upgrades, Weistec could easily take over the Mercedes Performance Aftermarket scene Click here to enlarge

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the TCU upgrade without the transmission upgrade (mainly for the NA guys)? Also, when can we expect more details about the TCU upgrade? Very interesting stuff....
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I would question the tune only part as I bust himself by saying he has done airbox mods. In my neck of the woods you call a guy like that "Mr Pump Fuel only" as guys here like claiming everything is done with pump fuel.Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123