Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Great run Keith!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey Earl,
    THANK YOU and like I told Jim I'm sure you guys are next and even better!! Good luck!!
    Current:
    2011 R8 V10 NA - PRS/APR tune and many weight saving mods. Click here to enlarge
    1/4 mile: 10.945 @ 131.77mph on a 1.77 60' - Bradenton Motorsports 1/18/2014.

GONE:
    2009 C63 - Complete MHP Package and a few other mods.
    N/A: 1/4 mile - 10.80@ 129.06mph (OSW 3/5/2012)
    Nitrous 200 shot 1/4 mile - 10.133 @ 139.77mph (Bradenton - 3/22/2012)
    N/A: One Mile TopGunRun in Miami March 14th 2010 - 180.73mph (V-Box verified)
    Nitrous 200 shot: 60-130mph - 5.98 (V-Box verified)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    BTW, my earlier post about you not running it in your car was a joke, but the date on your slip is wrong. I thought I better explain myself before someone mistook my post as negative or something. As for the pass being made with nitrous IMO its a non issue, the car went down the track PERIOD, if 10.1s were easy with nitrous everyone would be doing it, right? Its a hell of an acomplishment, congrats.
    Hey Jim,
    I took no offense to your comment. I didn't even realize the date was wrong until we were on the way home yesterday. Thats how focused we all were at the track.
    Good luck with your new set up!!
    Current:
    2011 R8 V10 NA - PRS/APR tune and many weight saving mods. Click here to enlarge

GONE:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    it's so fast that it happened a day in the future? (slip date)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    Bro dont justify your mods or your records to any of these haters!! Your numbers are impressive, your 60ft is impressive and your trap is impressive. N20 is a power adder period the end. I mean can we say slicks dont count or weight reduction doesnt count? Please.
    Agreed, however it's a finite power adder whereas a mechanical power adder is infinite. In other words you run out of spray. If getting down the track as fast as possible a couple of times is all you care about that's cool - and you may beat a guy with a blower or turbo. But while you are installing bottles or running around on the street with empty bottles cause you blew your load trying to beat someone, the guys with turbos and blowers will ALWAYS be making the same power no matter what. Those are simply the facts and they cannot be refuted.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I favor mechanical power over bottled power, but I don't discount a timeslip for having gas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

140mpH is fast for any car, especially for a Mercedes.
    congratulations.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    i just kept watching the video, i see 134,77mpH at 10.13

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AMG4V Click here to enlarge
    i just kept watching the video, i see 134,77mpH at 10.13
    Maybe a bulb is out on the timeclock?

The slip says 139.77
    2012 CTS V - Sedan - 6AT

Stage 1 Mods:
    - 2.5 upper pulley, Ported snout/throttle body, Fluidyne HX, Airaid CAI w/green filter, ID850 injectors

Stage 2 Mods:
    - American Racing Headers w/X-pipe, 9.1 Lower Pulley, Tune Time Custom Cam, Moroso Dual Catch Cans, Zl1 Lid, Norcal Tank

Stage 3 Mods:
    - LSA ported/polished heads, 4.5" G-Force intake, Nick Williams 102mm T-body, 8.6 Lower Pulley

12.18 @ 118.98 - STOCK
    10.87 @ 127.02 - STAGE 1
    10.53 @ 131.31 - STAGE 2
    10.47 @ 133.20 - STAGE 3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That would be more then 1 bulb

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PetroC63 Click here to enlarge
    Congrats to Keith on this epic run. First pass of the day on a 200 shot. 82F, 1500+ DA, Bradenton Florida

http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...sC63slip-1.jpg
    Wowie!

May I have the full mod list?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Ok, so unless I am very wrong (for which I would apologize), haven't we already seen 139 MPH or very close to it at one time? BTW what is the record without nitrous, breaking records on a massive shot of nitrous in a Mercedes Benz isn't exactly ground breaking IMHO. A 335i has gone 132 MPH with nitrous as well but no one really took that seriously but a 127 MPH trap on boost solely by LM was much more impressive and highly praised. Congrats to you guys either way but I am just saying.
    I agree with you, completely, that doing it with nitrous isn't as impressive as NA or with a supercharger as that power is temporary. However, this is a record and does raise the bar.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dads C63 Click here to enlarge
    Hey Mike,
    Thanks for the kudo's. At least from some of you. Click here to enlarge
    Not that I need to explain but I road race this car frequently and I don't want a S/C or Turbo's for road racing. They weren't perfected or even an option back when we started messing with the car so nitrous was the ONLY way to go fast with these cars two years ago. Any of the large sanctioned racing groups(NHRA etc..) all accept nitrous as a real means of performance and setting records. The nitrous beats up my car rarely and its strong N/A so I can road race and enjoy the car. Click here to enlarge Thats my explanation so take it for what its worth.

You can go turn up your boost or get a smaller pullley and I'll get a bigger set of pills. The car is VERY fast no matter how you cut it. Keep racing and be safe.
    Good post and congrats.

Please provide me the mod list so I may add you to the 1/4 mile list as well as promote this to the front page.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Agreed, however it's a finite power adder whereas a mechanical power adder is infinite. In other words you run out of spray. If getting down the track as fast as possible a couple of times is all you care about that's cool - and you may beat a guy with a blower or turbo. But while you are installing bottles or running around on the street with empty bottles cause you blew your load trying to beat someone, the guys with turbos and blowers will ALWAYS be making the same power no matter what. Those are simply the facts and they cannot be refuted.
    Yes, this is all true and I agree, but for a 1/4 mile race the bottles last long enough.

The way I see it is everyone would prefer the power to be on all the time. In my case I will probably explore nitrous once the blower is maxed as there will be no other way to increase power.

Also, for turbos that take a long time to spool it is worth looking into.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ls1carguy Click here to enlarge
    I favor mechanical power over bottled power, but I don't discount a timeslip for having gas.
    This... is very well said.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Almost in the 9sec!!
    C63 Tuned Only 60-130 in 8.71

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

I get so sick of the nitrous vs no nitrous vs NA vs SC controversy. I used to hate when people gave me a hard time when I ran nitrous, if a car makes a pass and sets a record its a damn record PERIOD. My only issue related to nitrous is guys that run it and don't fess up about it, besides that spray away.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

^ Exactly.
    Not disclosing that you are spraying is a hangable offense.

This notion of 'constant' supercharger and turbocharger systems representing the only bona fide 'power adders' is also a non issue:

How many times have we read or heard stories of "Dude - I SO would have beaten him if ......"?

Those ifs include:
    Poor air intake,
    Supercharger pulley failure,
    Turbo boost leak / failure to spin,
    Intercooler pump failure,
    Supercharger belt slippage,
    Etc., etc.

i.e. Just because your power-adder is a 'permanent' fixture, that doesn't mean you have instant and reliable power.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    I get so sick of the nitrous vs no nitrous vs NA vs SC controversy. I used to hate when people gave me a hard time when I ran nitrous, if a car makes a pass and sets a record its a damn record PERIOD. My only issue related to nitrous is guys that run it and don't fess up about it, besides that spray away.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For those that question the slip mph vs score board speed we went to Orlando Spin World last night and ran another 139mph pass. Granted there was a LOT of lights missing at Bradenton but we have numerous 139mph passes under our belt. Just can't get hooked up properly and the tranny to shift properly.

Jim, thanks for being in my camp. I spray and I'll be glad to tell you how we do it and what shot it is. No secrets here. When are you going to be able to try out your new monster? Click here to enlarge

Here's the slip.
    Click here to enlarge

Here's an even funnier bit of trivia. The date on the Bradenton slip was a day ahead and the date on last nights run in Orlando says March 24th at 9:29PM(today) . Guess both tracks are a day ahead of us and they didn't reset for daylight savings time either. Click here to enlarge
    Current:

GONE:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Are you spinning off the line? Have you tightened up all the clearances in the transmission? Getting rid of the slop in the clutch packs speeds up the shifts quite a bit, although it will be a bit firmer all the time not just under load. I think mostly getting rid of the single sided clutches and using double sided and steels with tighter clearances is going to be the way to go. Most of the clutchs are the same as the 722.6 and this is definitely the way to go on those. The single sided clutches can not take the abuse.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whipplem104 Click here to enlarge
    Are you spinning off the line? Have you tightened up all the clearances in the transmission? Getting rid of the slop in the clutch packs speeds up the shifts quite a bit, although it will be a bit firmer all the time not just under load. I think mostly getting rid of the single sided clutches and using double sided and steels with tighter clearances is going to be the way to go. Most of the clutchs are the same as the 722.6 and this is definitely the way to go on those. The single sided clutches can not take the abuse.
    It is spinning and the tranny is a problem. We are getting the tranny beefed up and the tires screwed to the wheels. Then with good traction we'll find the next weak link or go faster. Click here to enlarge
    Current:

GONE:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Congrats! Awesome time!
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

For those that question the slip mph vs score board speed we went to Orlando Spin World last night and ran another 139mph pass. Granted there was a LOT of lights missing at Bradenton but we have numerous 139mph passes under our belt. Just can't get hooked up properly and the tranny to shift properly.

Jim, thanks for being in my camp. I spray and I'll be glad to tell you how we do it and what shot it is. No secrets here. When are you going to be able to try out your new monster? Click here to enlarge

Here's the slip.
    http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...c75adcbc-1.jpg

Here's an even funnier bit of trivia. The date on the Bradenton slip was a day ahead and the date on last nights run in Orlando says March 24th at 9:29PM(today) . Guess both tracks are a day ahead of us and they didn't reset for daylight savings time either. Click here to enlarge
    Talk about backing it up...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Talk about backing it up...
    +1

My guess is that the sophisticated computers used by the strips for tracking the calendar probably didn't automatically account for it being a leap year this year.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

Hey Earl,
    THANK YOU and like I told Jim I'm sure you guys are next and even better!! Good luck!!
    Great run! Keep up the good work! 9's it's very close =)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast