Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 31 of 31
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    nashville
    Posts
    49
    Rep Points
    58.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    i would break in hard but keep under 4500 also.you can still drive fast and keep the rpm under 4500.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,833
    Rep Points
    31,570.9
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by masoh Click here to enlarge
    i would break in hard but keep under 4500 also.you can still drive fast and keep the rpm under 4500.
    You want to reach high rpm's at some point though to seat everything properly. The main thing is varying RPM.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    nashville
    Posts
    49
    Rep Points
    58.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    you're probably right.

    what is redline on the car?is the c lass still the 6.2L with 7200 redline?i would actually break the 4500 marker,but i definitely wouldn't redline too early.maybe make 6000rpm the break-in limit?

    i think 1000 miles may be a little extreme as well.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,833
    Rep Points
    31,570.9
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by masoh Click here to enlarge
    you're probably right.

    what is redline on the car?is the c lass still the 6.2L with 7200 redline?i would actually break the 4500 marker,but i definitely wouldn't redline too early.maybe make 6000rpm the break-in limit?

    i think 1000 miles may be a little extreme as well.
    Question, why don't you use the space bar after punctuation or capitalize?

    The C-Class has the same motor as you, yes.

    The engines are run to redline before going in your car anyway.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    nashville
    Posts
    49
    Rep Points
    58.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Question, why don't you use the space bar after punctuation or capitalize?
    non-capitalization is out of laziness and habit.

    lack of spaces after punctuation is just how i type.i honestly didn't know that was standard.

    sorry if it is troublesome.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,833
    Rep Points
    31,570.9
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by masoh Click here to enlarge
    non-capitalization is out of laziness and habit.

    lack of spaces after punctuation is just how i type.i honestly didn't know that was standard.

    sorry if it is troublesome.
    Not a big deal just often spammers type the same way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •