Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix

The season has begun.
    Due to my own trackday I had no time to report the qualifying results, so here are the endresults.
    Schumacher dropped out of the race being in 3rd position, when in lap 11 his gear box got stuck in 3rd.
    Rosberg was 6th up until the last lap, where he suddenly dropped to 12th place.
    Massa had his brain fart again in the clinch with Bruno Senna, and they both retired.
    In my opinion Massa needs to quit F1. Ferrari will ned to take this decission.
    Button drove superbly, and Vettel got second place during the safety car, which dropped Lewis to 3rd.
    I'm exited Raikkonen got his fighting spirit back again!

So, the results:

There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Disappointing results by Ferrari. I'm no longer a Scuderia Ferrari supporter. RBR FTW!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

How did Vettel get around so quickly will under the safety car period? It seemed like Lewis got ripped.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    How did Vettel get around so quickly will under the safety car period? It seemed like Lewis got ripped.
    Yes it was kinda stupid from Lewis.
    He was held up by the yellow flags after Jenson and Lewis did a back to back pitstop 1 round earlier, and Vettel dove staight into the pits on the SC sign being first.
    Jenson just managed his 10 second gap over Lewis, and Vettel just squeezed in.
    I cheer for my 2 favorites this year, Jenson and Kimi!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It just seemed odd.

McLaren doubled up the pitstops. At that point before Lewis went in for tires, he had a 2 second gap on Vettel. Vettel stayed on the track. A half lap later the safety car was announced.

It seemed like Jenson and Lewis might have slowed down more than Vettel when the safety car was announced. Vettel had to have been on it still, to jump Lewis. Jenson and Lewis didn't catch up to the safety car for awhile.

Is there a maximum speed allowed under safety car or can you go flat out until you catch up to the safety car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

When the safety car is out, the whole track condition goes to yellow, so you need to show you reduce pace.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

So how did we all miss the start of the Formula 1 season? I should have so many threads and updates on this topic that I know when Schumacher takes a leak.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

It would have been interesting to see if Schumacher could have kept up with the pace of Vettel / Hamilton. Mercedes finally seems to have built a decent car! And Schumi seems to be on top of Rosbergs game this time. We may well see some victories of the "old" champion this year Click here to enlarge

Although it's very early to tell and Australia is not the most performance-reveiling circuit, McLaren and RBR look like the teams to beat. Ferrari has a lot of work ahead and I doubt a bit that they will be able to catch up this season.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    how did we all miss the start of the Formula 1 season?
    Speak for yourself Click here to enlarge
    I have been looking out for this.
    It's just that a last minute opportunity for a trackday kinda spoiled the qually for me, which I had to watch late saturday evening, before getting up at 6 to watch the race...

Mercedes needs to step up the reliability ladder already, for they dropped the ball with MS his gearbox in lap 11.
    It indeed could have been a much nicer battle between Vettel and MS. He overtook Vettel just 3 laps before, forcing him into a mistake in corner nr. 3.

Massa just lacks the pace of Alonso. Ferrari must recognize this and retire him.

I hope for Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 ( Click here to enlarge ) their F-duct rearwing solution will work more then just during qually (when DRS can be used the whole time) , because they need to maintain positions in the races, and not lose them to the RBR's