Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Investors unite!

I was thinking it would be good to have a thread whereby those of us in the market can share information/tips/ask for and receive advice.

I thought we could start by sharing a bit about our portfolios.

Here's mine:
    Stocks
    Siri
    ge
    mmm
    Goog
    Amzn
    Kog
    aapl
    Nvda
    Ngd

Mutual funds
    Afjcx
    Fesgx
    Mclox
    Tegbx

As you can see, I'm tech heavy but that's the industry I know.

My first question for you all is whether anyone has an opinion on Amazon. I bought at about 160 and I'm worried about them having another bad quarter. Should I sell now, take a profit, and get back in in a few weeks or months or hold?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

I got out of the equity markets back in 2007 and never looked back. Unless you really know the markets and investing, I'd say let a professional do your investing for you. The $ you will spend in fees will be much less than any potential loss from bad investments. Personally I don't like the equity markets at all - but I really like the bond markets - specifically, municipal bonds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Seems a little high cap heavy but then again i have no idea how old you are so maybe that was the intent. Other than that...tech heavy like you said. Always good to know the market but diversification is better. Maybe correct with mutual funds in area you aren't as familiar with so someone else who is can manage a bit.

I actually have about half of those myself though. Have to get home to post a more inclusive list.
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

investing 101, don't go onto a forum site and say...what do you think. good for a laugh but don't take the advice too serious.

I manage a modest portfolio and unless you don't mind spending 10 - hours a day researching, this isn't the game for you if you want to make serious money.

And lastly, in light of my last sentence, if I had some good advice because of the the '000's of hours I invested, nothing personal but I wouldn't tell you without charging a fee!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    I got out of the equity markets back in 2007 and never looked back. Unless you really know the markets and investing, I'd say let a professional do your investing for you. The $ you will spend in fees will be much less than any potential loss from bad investments. Personally I don't like the equity markets at all - but I really like the bond markets - specifically, municipal bonds.

I assume you are correct. I have an advisor with Merrill lynch who handled about 70% of my investments and has it mostly in those mutual funds. The rest is my "fun money" which is mostly in the stocks above.

For what its worth, I've made a much higher rate of return with my fun money than my "buy high sell low guy" has done for me. But I know in the long run I'll be better off with him than alone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    investing 101, don't go onto a forum site and say...what do you think. good for a laugh but don't take the advice too serious.

I manage a modest portfolio and unless you don't mind spending 10 - hours a day researching, this isn't the game for you if you want to make serious money.

And lastly, in light of my last sentence, if I had some good advice because of the the '000's of hours I invested, nothing personal but I wouldn't tell you without charging a fee!
    Fair enough. I intended this to be more of a "for fun" board for novices such as myself to bounce some ideas off each other and provide a diversity of opinions. But mostly just a place for car guys to $#@! and brag about the comings and goings of the market.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Invest heavily in BB, GB, AB, PB, and VB.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge

pretty much this, if you dont do tons of research and put in thousands of hours you might as well go to vegas.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge