Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Cool Looking towards the future...

So, in a little over a month I'll be getting my my brand new white C63 coupe with P31 package and LSD. I was on a budget so I skimped on some of the more luxurious/unnecessary things (leather and lane departure blah blah)...but I was wondering what things should I be looking to do to it first (not soon but first). I was thinking going with the Weistec oil/air separator ASAP, and maybe some pulleys (thinking Weistec...can't remember who else makes them), then I'm kind of lost...performance wise (if I wanted to keep it NA for now) where would I go? Which if any of these mods would help if I decided to go SC later? Also, I've read a lot that says getting a tune is useless if you already have the P31 package because the P31 package is already tuned...so thanks in advance guys and I hope to hear some EXCITING and...cheap news lol...

PS: I've also looked into the same exhaust that George Smooth has, and I'm interested but I'd like to hear the stock exhaust before and learn how the valvetronic exhaust compares to stock... Click here to enlarge

PPS: I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED!! The next month is going to go SOOOOOO SLOWLY!!
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Weistec oil/air separator of course is a good first step and won't hurt but only help.

Since you are P31 you don't have too much to gain from the tune.

You definitely should just start saving for an SC if you want a BIG power jump. In the meantime, get exhaust mods as these will still work with the supercharger.

You will want headers and a full exhaust. You can do the heads as well if you want.

If it was me, exhaust mods, then get the Weistec supercharger. Then grin from ear to ear.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Then grin from ear to ear.
    Sounds DAMN good! Click here to enlarge

Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

There is further tuning possible when you go with long tubes. The M156 is starved for air - new airbox, long tubes and the tune to go with it and you will get a very noticeable increase in power and those mods will work well with a blower should you decide to go that route.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    There is room for improvement on your p31 with only an ECU tune. The morons above know nothing about this M156 engine. I dont blame them. They have been following Renntech too much.

Get a hold of weistec engineering. They can tune your p31 for a gain of 35hp. They have done it before. Weistec are professionals and they dont BS like other tuners. I suggest you stick with them on all of your mods.

As for Exhust.

Do what I did. Get the caragraphic headers and exhust and match it with a tune from weistec and you will be very happy with a smile on your face.

good luck.

I might be banned from the forums due to this gay negative rep 5hit. send me a private message later with your e-mail.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    There is room for improvement on your p31 with only an ECU tune. The morons above know nothing about this M156 engine. I dont blame them. They have been following Renntech too much.
    Your hating on Renntech and just general poor knowledge level is getting tiring.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    I might be banned from the forums due to this gay negative rep 5hit.
    Have you considered it's because people here might find a majority of what you write stupid?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Haha, I've wanted to go Weistec...but it wasn't just hear that I read that a tune doesn't help someone with a P31...well it's not that it doesn't help, just isn't worth paying that much for such a little increase...but to each his own right? We'll see, I do like what I hear about both Renntech and Weistec...I almost bought a Renntech C63 here in town but the interior was RAGGED out...the guy treated it like it was a party bus...

On other news...so I called my dealer guy today to find out what's going on and if I could change my rims...car will be finished on the 22nd of March and will be in my hands within 30 days after that at the latest!! Click here to enlarge But I asked about the rims on the AMG that's in the brochure (PIC) and apparently from the factory they are 10k!!! HOLY $#@! haha, for 10k I could get some really nice parts and a new set of rims and probably have change left over lol...just an update Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    apparently from the factory they are 10k!!!
    $10k? Why?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    So, in a little over a month I'll be getting my my brand new white C63 coupe with P31 package and LSD. I was on a budget so I skimped on some of the more luxurious/unnecessary things (leather and lane departure blah blah)...but I was wondering what things should I be looking to do to it first (not soon but first). I was thinking going with the Weistec oil/air separator ASAP, and maybe some pulleys (thinking Weistec...can't remember who else makes them), then I'm kind of lost...performance wise (if I wanted to keep it NA for now) where would I go? Which if any of these mods would help if I decided to go SC later? Also, I've read a lot that says getting a tune is useless if you already have the P31 package because the P31 package is already tuned...so thanks in advance guys and I hope to hear some EXCITING and...cheap news lol...
    Congrats, great purchase. I actually like the non leather seats better. The alcantara inserts are really nice. Money is much better spent on the Performance package.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    $10k? Why?
    I dunno they are forged, matte black 10 spoke rims, but no clue why they are that expensive...I like the way they look though..might be looking around for a cheaper car that looks just like it later... Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Congrats, great purchase. I actually like the non leather seats better. The alcantara inserts are really nice. Money is much better spent on the Performance package.
    Yea I like the way the non-leather seats look too...plus I got to spend the extra 3k on the LSD Click here to enlarge and thank you! Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

You must be excited. Looks like you got plans..Click here to enlarge
    C63 Tuned Only 60-130 in 8.71

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yeah...now it's coming up with the cash to do it! Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Ok now I have a request for someone...can someone photoshop the '12 white coupe with the stock rims with a CF rear diffuser, front diffuser, rear windshield spoiler and side vents (all CF) so I can see what it would look like before I buy them?

Front diffuser
    Side vents

Thanks guys! Click here to enlarge If not a photoshopped pic...an actual pic will do Click here to enlarge couldn't find one with them all so...again thanks

Click here to enlarge