Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 101 to 111 of 111
  1. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,384
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Go ahead, show me the research. I never heard the Wall Street Bailout came back and produced money for the government with interest. As a matter of fact, it contributed to our astronomic debt rise. Care to explain this?
    http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/28/news..._aig/index.htm

    And thats just off a quick search of last weeks stories on CNN sticky. They have been receiving a pretty good deal of interest off of all those loans. I read a WSJ paper awhile back that estimated a $100 billion profit on bailout funds by the end of 2012 and considering the fed earned $77 billion in 2011 alone that looks conservative. Again I would rather the government let businesses live and die by their own merit but at the end of the day the TARP and other programs haven't been the disaster that rush limbaugh would have you believe lol.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,384
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    $#@! no they shouldn't be allowed to. Drives me crazy. Separation of church and state is supposed to work both ways. I don't give a flying $#@! what your religious beliefs are. You should have no right to any different rules than anyone else and those beliefs should not be even admissible in conversations regard rules and laws.

    Can you believe people actually are allowed to refuse blood transfusions for a dying child because they think some mystical higher power will save them. Let the doctor save the kid. Ask him when he is old enough to think for himself if he thinks the doctor should have done it. It he doesn't like it for some nutty reason he can always off himself then to correct it.
    I know. I'm telling you do whatever the $#@! you want but just set up a religion first claiming thats what your god wants you to do and watch how many people let it ride.

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    1,745
    Rep Points
    1,330.4
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    14


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    B)I don't want lazy ass idiots having kids. That is more lazy idiots to feed later on my taxes. Ever seen Idiocracy? $#@!ing scary movie.
    Completely agree
    Click here to enlarge


  4. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pretty sure I am in Mexico
    Posts
    926
    Rep Points
    930.9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    I know. I'm telling you do whatever the $#@! you want but just set up a religion first claiming thats what your god wants you to do and watch how many people let it ride.
    So true...religious nuts....ugh
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    135
    Rep Points
    382.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    True story - Pfizer sent representatives to the Vatican to get their "blessing" before launching Viagra. If God has forsaken thee with a limp dick, why does the Church approve of medical intervention to correct God's will? An even better question, why do the same companies and medical plans that refuse to cover birth control HEAVILY subsidize PDE5's (Cialis, Levitra, Viagra)?

    Before you reply with talking points, know that my professional responsibilities have been exclusively confined to pharmaceutical companies, their relationships with managed markets, Medicare, Medicaid, with a portion spent specifically on the aforementioned class (and that every dollar I have made has come from the PRIVATE, not public sector)

    The health care system is so complex that those who think that "ObamaCare" sums up it's totality or what he is proposing will "cripple the country" is actually comical in it's ignorance. Medicare Part D - conceived, advocated, and passed by a Republican Congress and Executive touches more people and costs much more (and will continue to do so) than "ObamaCare" ever will. Our public and private Health Care dollars are disproportionately spent on the elderly because (and this is very simplistic) 1) common pharmaceutical and medical advances have artificially increased our collective life span and 2) the older you get, the more problems you get (usually at the same time) that have to be treated, at the same time. If anyone can show me that health care for the kids is more expensive in aggregate than that of a person over 65, and that preventative medicine in pediatrics actually increases costs while preventative medicine in geriatrics has a similar medical and economic outcome - love to see it (it doesn't exist).

    I agree with everyone who has posted the merits of hard work, high levels of standards, as well as a continuing desire to better themselves. I just find it interesting that these "high standards", "intense work ethic", and continuing commitment to one's betterment almost always DOES NOT apply to verifying what is literally being spoon fed to them. Sun Tzu, Machiavelli, Weber. . .THE FOUNDING FATHERS. . .pretty much any philosopher, tactician or strategist that has existed in last couple of millenia has pretty much spelled it out - circuses for the masses. . .divide and conquer. . .united we stand. . . Personally, regardless of what side my political beliefs fell on, I'd be pretty pissed that I fell for the oldest trick in the book. . .one that has been explored, debated and taught ad nauseum.
    Last edited by motorkas; 03-08-2012 at 09:12 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    Show: VOSSEN CV3's, CF front lip, trunk spoiler, EuroTeck diffuser, DCT steering wheel, 20% tint, painted grill, ELM (by Marcus)
    Go: Kleemann headers, Kleemann 168 pulley, custom OE tune, CF intake tubes, K&N filters, Eurocharged HE = 11.26 @ 123.7


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5ruiEgZRQ


    Have you ever noticed. . .
    anyone going slower than you is an idiot. . .
    and anyone going faster is a maniac?
    George Carlin

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    Can you believe people actually are allowed to refuse blood transfusions for a dying child because they think some mystical higher power will save them. Let the doctor save the kid. Ask him when he is old enough to think for himself if he thinks the doctor should have done it. It he doesn't like it for some nutty reason he can always off himself then to correct it.
    Makes no sense to me that parents should have more authority for medical decisions than medical specialists.

    If I found my parents risked my life for some nonsense written in a book thousands of years ago that has nothing to do with Western medicine I'd lose it.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/28/news..._aig/index.htm

    And thats just off a quick search of last weeks stories on CNN sticky. They have been receiving a pretty good deal of interest off of all those loans. I read a WSJ paper awhile back that estimated a $100 billion profit on bailout funds by the end of 2012 and considering the fed earned $77 billion in 2011 alone that looks conservative. Again I would rather the government let businesses live and die by their own merit but at the end of the day the TARP and other programs haven't been the disaster that rush limbaugh would have you believe lol.
    Um, those are AIG bonds. They simply dumped crap to the Fed. And he Fed is private, they are making the money that's the whole point.

    Let me help you, these weren't loans:

    The Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008 (Division A of Pub.L. 110-343, 122 Stat. 3765, enacted October 3, 2008, commonly referred to as a bailout of the U.S. financial system, is a law enacted in response to the subprime mortgage crisis authorizing the United States Secretary of the Treasury to spend up to US$700 billion to purchase distressed assets, especially mortgage-backed securities, and give cash directly to banks (however, the plan to purchase distressed assets has been abandoned).[1][2] Both foreign and domestic banks are included in the program. The Federal Reserve also extended help to American Express, whose bank-holding application it recently approved.[3] The Act was proposed by Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson during the global financial crisis of 2008.

    Turning a profit on crappy bonds that cost people billions is like making money selling scrap metal from accidents. Still isn't worth what the car was in the first place.

    You seem to not have any idea what happened, it was a bailout. The auto companies got a loan.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    http://money.cnn.com/2012/02/28/news..._aig/index.htm

    And thats just off a quick search of last weeks stories on CNN sticky. They have been receiving a pretty good deal of interest off of all those loans. I read a WSJ paper awhile back that estimated a $100 billion profit on bailout funds by the end of 2012 and considering the fed earned $77 billion in 2011 alone that looks conservative. Again I would rather the government let businesses live and die by their own merit but at the end of the day the TARP and other programs haven't been the disaster that rush limbaugh would have you believe lol.
    Plus don't tell me to do research when you don't even read your whole article, I'm sure you can figure out simple math:

    That said, the Fed is not completely out of the woods yet. It still holds a separate portfolio related to the AIG bailout. That portion, called Maiden Lane III, includes the insurer's credit default swap business. Initially worth $29.3 billion when the Fed acquired it, it's now worth $17.6 billion, after many of the securities have matured and much of the loan has been paid back.
    The New York Fed has not indicated when it plans to start selling the remaining assets.
    LOL, wow, they even managed to convince people they are doing them a favor.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Pretty sure I am in Mexico
    Posts
    926
    Rep Points
    930.9
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by motorkas Click here to enlarge
    True story - Pfizer sent representatives to the Vatican to get their "blessing" before launching Viagra. If God has forsaken thee with a limp dick, why does the Church approve of medical intervention to correct God's will? An even better question, why do the same companies and medical plans that refuse to cover birth control HEAVILY subsidize PDE5's (Cialis, Levitra, Viagra)?

    Before you reply with talking points, know that my professional responsibilities have been exclusively confined to pharmaceutical companies, their relationships with managed markets, Medicare, Medicaid, with a portion spent specifically on the aforementioned class (and that every dollar I have made has come from the PRIVATE, not public sector)

    The health care system is so complex that those who think that "ObamaCare" sums up it's totality or what he is proposing will "cripple the country" is actually comical in it's ignorance. Medicare Part D - conceived, advocated, and passed by a Republican Congress and Executive touches more people and costs much more (and will continue to do so) than "ObamaCare" ever will. Our public and private Health Care dollars are disproportionately spent on the elderly because (and this is very simplistic) 1) common pharmaceutical and medical advances have artificially increased our collective life span and 2) the older you get, the more problems you get (usually at the same time) that have to be treated, at the same time. If anyone can show me that health care for the kids is more expensive in aggregate than that of a person over 65, and that preventative medicine in pediatrics actually increases costs while preventative medicine in geriatrics has a similar medical and economic outcome - love to see it (it doesn't exist).

    I agree with everyone who has posted the merits of hard work, high levels of standards, as well as a continuing desire to better themselves. I just find it interesting that these "high standards", "intense work ethic", and continuing commitment to one's betterment almost always DOES NOT apply to verifying what is literally being spoon fed to them. Sun Tzu, Machiavelli, Weber. . .THE FOUNDING FATHERS. . .pretty much any philosopher, tactician or strategist that has existed in last couple of millenia has pretty much spelled it out - circuses for the masses. . .divide and conquer. . .united we stand. . . Personally, regardless of what side my political beliefs fell on, I'd be pretty pissed that I fell for the oldest trick in the book. . .one that has been explored, debated and taught ad nauseum.
    Quoted and repped for truth
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    115
    Rep Points
    262.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i think you need to re-read your comment and apply it to yourself
    The puppet masters of which I speak are not external. It is the enslaved mind (paranoia about the belief of mouthed words in a video, schizoid beliefs about a singular politician or "ODS" when those same beliefs have culturally been existent forever (reference your John birch society tape, the debt situation in every 1st world country that exists today, the entitlement societies stronger/worse than ours with better/worse employment, incomes ETC.) and the chicken little sky is falling prognostications that have been going on my whole life) devoid of self reflection of which I speak.

    My point was and is that as soon as you recognize that its all internal to you and you resolve it with yourself the quicker you will know what you need to do!

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yage202 Click here to enlarge
    The puppet masters of which I speak are not external. It is the enslaved mind (paranoia about the belief of mouthed words in a video, schizoid beliefs about a singular politician or "ODS" when those same beliefs have culturally been existent forever (reference your John birch society tape, the debt situation in every 1st world country that exists today, the entitlement societies stronger/worse than ours with better/worse employment, incomes ETC.) and the chicken little sky is falling prognostications that have been going on my whole life) devoid of self reflection of which I speak.

    My point was and is that as soon as you recognize that its all internal to you and you resolve it with yourself the quicker you will know what you need to do!
    Kind of an awkwardly worded post.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •