Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    . I've never understood why people will let a couple thousand in taxes decide who they are going to vote for.
    You just stated the single most important reason why I do vote republican.

Reps = less government, less taxes

Dems = More government, more taxes

Very simple equation for this engineer to understand.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mramg1 Click here to enlarge
    You just stated the single most important reason why I do vote republican.

Reps = less government, less taxes

Dems = More government, more taxes

Very simple equation for this engineer to understand.Click here to enlarge
    Lol....but in all honesty it isn't a huge difference. I'm all for smaller government. But some things would benefit from more...the government providing free healthcare period (not obamacare). Yes you would pay more in taxes and yes people would abuse it. But this system works incredibly well in many other countries.

Defense spending is another...sorry we need to pay taxes for that and I am tired of all my new toys getting axed. Click here to enlarge
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    Lol....but in all honesty it isn't a huge difference. I'm all for smaller government. But some things would benefit from more...the government providing free healthcare period (not obamacare). Yes you would pay more in taxes and yes people would abuse it. But this system works incredibly well in many other countries.

Defense spending is another...sorry we need to pay taxes for that and I am tired of all my new toys getting axed. Click here to enlarge
    Could you please give one example?

I know for a fact that it doesn't work in the following countries, where heavens forbid you need real medical help, aka not a running nose, or broken bone, it fails. Why do you think so many Canadians come to the US for major issues like heart work, cancer, etc, etc. Note: In Canada, when you come to the us for treatment, they pick up the whole tab. But you do have to pay for it yourself first.

Failed countries with universal Health coverage:

1. Canada
    2. Great Britain
    3. Poland
    4. Belarus

I know this as fact by being in each one for a long time and seeing it first hand.

Fact, my father in law, God rest his soul, fell off his roof. The ambulance came to get him 4 hours later do to traffic, not their fault. Was examine and was found to have two broken ribs, and a fractured hip. Was told to come back in two days, as ALL of the hospital beds were full, nice.Click here to enlarge

Note: They were full because of the other people NOT having serious conditions, but were admitted because they could be.

That is a system that I hope I never live to see in the US.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    PS: I am all for defense spending as we need those new gadgets, and if my guess is right, you deserve them.

Thank you for your serviceClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    They do it because they claim that using a CC to pay is more expensive because of the fee's the Station has to pay to process CC transactions, which I understand... But I don't use my CC, I use my Debit Card, which is technically like using cash as it comes directly out of my checking account and not a line of credit... I'm just going to have to start carrying around money when it's time to gas up... I hate carrying large amounts of cash... (it's almost $90 to fill my tank)... Baller... Click here to enlarge
    I understand what you're saying, but merchants pay the same fees when they accept a debit card as well. The fees are smaller, but there are still fees of multiple percent at times.

The way merchant processing works is that there is an 'organization of banks'. And these organizations get together and create this 'card network'. For instance, Bank of America formed some partnerships and came out with BankAmericard back in the day and they renamed it to Visa. Another group of banks in California got together and made 'MasterCharge: The Interbank Card'. Which was later renamed to MasterCard.

So now with Visa and Mastercard, they can setup a couple of things called MSP which are member service providers or ISO, Independent Sales Organizations. The former can setup ISO's underneat where as the ISO can only setup individual independent contractors. These MSP's and ISO's jobs are to find businesses like McDonalds, Joe's pawn shop etc that require credit card processing services. Banks work really hard to sign you up for this when you first setup a business checking account.

When you swipe a card, you pay a percentage to these MSP/ISO and then the fees filter on to the bigger organizations. You end up with 3 or 4 people or more ultimately putting their finger into your pocket which ultimately makes up this one bigger charge of say, 2.1% + .05 cents gateway fee and 19 cent transaction fee. It even depends on if its business/corp cards or personal.

Some people think that the fees are somehow related to the interest but its not.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I argued with one of my medics the other day, and realized the supporters and adversaries to mandated healthcare is rooted in a much simpler form.

those that believe in natural selection, and those that dont. its a privelage, not a right.. the smarter, more efficient prosperous people get the benefits they can afford, be it the actual medical bill or insurance to cover it, or medical services themselves.. only the strong, or smarter than the strong survive.

People have forgoten that little fact is how every living organism survives and evolves, keeping nature in balance.. Take that away and you have what we have today- lazy glutonous worthless people living longer than they should

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Could you please give one example?
    swizterland

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shahsk Click here to enlarge
    swizterland
    Although I am not familiar with their health care, it does explain alot to me know when I stayed in Bern a few years back. The four of us went out for a lunch, four small salads and four beers later $80 swiss franks.

But you will make me look into it my friend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    3. Poland
    How has their healthcare system failed and how is it completely universal health? Because from what I have seen it is nothing like Canada's system.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    How has their healthcare system failed and how is it completely universal health? Because from what I have seen it is nothing like Canada's system.
    people just like messing with poland

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    German and Russian people.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hey Sticky:

My wife and family are from Poland, and I filled up a couple of passports working there. Spent about 10 years there on and off from 88-97.

Anyway, Polands problem is that all citizens have their health care paid by the government. With that being said, anytime a person bumps their foot or sneezes they run to the doctor. Think hypochondriac here. Now with all these people seeing a doctor anytime they sniffle, it back logs the whole system.

The plus side is that they do have some great doctors and surgeons, as evident by most Russians will cross the border when they need anything major.

Downside, you wait, and wait and wait for an appointment.

Unless you go to private practicing Doctor, and then you pay through the nose.

Chez

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Back on the topic of gas and "The silver bullet", looks like @LostMarine may get what he was asking.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...82E00P20120315

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ken_C Click here to enlarge
    Back on the topic of gas and "The silver bullet", looks like @LostMarine may get what he was asking.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...82E00P20120315
    its just talk, more propaganda, like his whole campaign. if he were to actually do something, i could be happy, but i dont see it happening. when/if it were to happen would be a different story.

me and the wife talk about winning the lottery all the time, same thing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Sticky:

My wife and family are from Poland, and I filled up a couple of passports working there. Spent about 10 years there on and off from 88-97.

Anyway, Polands problem is that all citizens have their health care paid by the government. With that being said, anytime a person bumps their foot or sneezes they run to the doctor. Think hypochondriac here. Now with all these people seeing a doctor anytime they sniffle, it back logs the whole system.

The plus side is that they do have some great doctors and surgeons, as evident by most Russians will cross the border when they need anything major.

Downside, you wait, and wait and wait for an appointment.

Unless you go to private practicing Doctor, and then you pay through the nose.

Chez
    That is what I was going to say, private is an option and Polish health care is pretty darn good especially compared to their Eastern neighbors.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Rep for this. And how hot are Polish women eh?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Rep for this. And how hot are Polish women eh?
    You don't have to tell me my friend.

Those legs, oh those wonderful legs.

Oh who am I kidding, those popas, oh those popas.

Okay guys that a_s in polish, LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You don't have to tell me my friend.

Those legs, oh those wonderful legs.

Oh who am I kidding, those popas, oh those popas.

Okay guys that a_s in polish, LOL
    Just everything. I plain like them. If I could chose I would want to end up with a Polish woman. I suppose I have some say in the matter.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123