Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

V-Tech tuning taking shots at Renntech's M157 tuning with help from Internet Brands and moderator Vic55?

Now, I know Vic the moderator at MBworld a bit. He actually tried to become a moderator here early on although I said no thanks. It was likely a move to "spy" on us for MBworld but still, I haven't had any personal problems with Vic and he treated me fairly.

However, recently he has been getting into it with SGC on MBworld and at Renntech's expense for some reason: http://mbworld.org/forums/cls55-amg-...u-upgrade.html

SGC by all accounts is a reputable guy and a hell of a driver.

The thread was closed but, um, sorry, IB no longer gets to decide what we as enthusiasts want to discuss.

Now, who the hell is V-Tech and what makes them think they are in Renntech's ballpark let alone league? In a thread about Renntech's tuning they come in there swinging and undercutting Renntech namely by spouting off about their price and times run on street tires as if running street tires on the strip is something to applaud. It's like saying someone ran a great 40 yard dash barefoot even though the guy in running shoes ran the faster time.

Well, I haven't seen any 10 second runs from V-tech. I haven't seen any 600+ whp dyno numbers. As a matter of fact, every record set on the M157 platform thus far has been done so by Renntech.

Additionally, some guy named "Ready2roll" essentially says not to believe Renntech's dyno numbers. What? And it is ok to just take shots like that because you are running a competing tune? This despite the fact Renntech backs up their numbers on the drag strip? And has the quickest/fastest Mercedes in the USA? If anything, these V-tech nuthuggers need to learn their place and not make a name for themselves by bashing Renntech. We saw how that went for MHP.

This was brought to my attention and since the discussion was cut short once it was suggested the moderator, Vic (who did a piss poor job moderating), should be removed. Well, I'm going to keep discussing it as the whole situation is absolutely absurd.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just in case anyone needed confirmation on the moderator thing, 2-16-10:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vic55
    It looks like your membership is growing at a rapid pace. If you need or have room for another mod- Id love to offer up my services.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also, would someone please explain to me how this makes any sense?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ready2roll
    Until someone shows me a 2012 CLS63 running better than 11.3's on the stock tires then I stand by my statement that V-Tech has the best tune for these cars
    That is some of the dumbest $#@! I have read on a forum. You determine the best tune based on what a car runs on street tires? Are you high or just retarded?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    One person who actually knows what they are talking about, thank you:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EcruisinUSA
    And if it's a custom tune you want, send your car to Renntech and they will perfect it.

Ready2roll, you have a great car which is running great times for street tires. But I'm not sure why you confuse street radials, which are for the street, and drag radials, which are for drag racing. Why wouldn't you want the added grip,? They're DOT legal anyways and you can drive to/from the track with them.

Regardless, the CLS63 with Renntech tune has you beat by ~5mph in the same sort of humidity you're familiar with. That says a lot about the HP it is making besides just the peak numbers. Anyone who has spent some time at a drag strip knows that 5mph is nothing to sneeze at.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What I like about RENNtech is that they do NOT just post dyno numbers. In fact, their dynojet is set at a very conservative setting on-purpose: they rather over-deliver than under-deliver. RENNtech's tune for the M157 has seen countless hours on the dyno, countless hours on the street data-logging, and countless hours at the track. There are hardly any companies that do this anymore.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    What I like about RENNtech is that they do NOT just post dyno numbers. In fact, their dynojet is set at a very conservative setting on-purpose: they rather over-deliver than under-deliver. RENNtech's tune for the M157 has seen countless hours on the dyno, countless hours on the street data-logging, and countless hours at the track. There are hardly any companies that do this anymore.
    That is what I don't understand about these idiotic posts from Vtech people. Renntech is backing up everything on the strip.

Secondly, the more research I have done on this topic shows V-Tech on MBW is just the guy who owns a personal watercraft forum called greenhulk (nice forum btw). So, this guy isn't tuning anything like Renntech can he is simply reselling somebodies tune.

I doubt he can do a custom tune for various setups like Renntech can. The V-tech tune is just a canned tune being resold which is designed to undercut companies like Renntech. The programming will never be as sophisticated unless someone actually goes to V-Tech and gets a custom tune. This happens all the time on turbo platforms as the code is cracked and everyone sells a canned tune. What separates the men from the boys though is being able to squeeze out those last horses and custom tune which is something Renntech can do in house... and V-Tech can't, at least not in the USA.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It would seem V-Tech is actually based out of Poland.

I'll give these guys a call. Heh, I can put my Polish to some good use with tuning finally.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Seems like tuners are popping up like crazy! But ya, that did throw me off when I went to their website and noticed all the personal watercraft tuning
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

Sales@eurocharged.com

Over 7000 customers strong!

Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I followed that thread and it got stupid.
    Maybe I'm biased because (although I don't own anything RENNtech: at this time), they seem to be one of few tuners testing, retesting, and continually posting results (on some models).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dueclaws Click here to enlarge
    I followed that thread and it got stupid.
    Maybe I'm biased because (although I don't own anything RENNtech: at this time), they seem to be one of few tuners testing, retesting, and continually posting results (on some models).
    Yes they are and that is why they are the target.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    Seems like tuners are popping up like crazy! But ya, that did throw me off when I went to their website and noticed all the personal watercraft tuning
    I don't get why some tuners need to make their name by bashing the big boys as if that somehow elevates them to the same level.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@! VIC55!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    $#@! VIC55!
    The one who you got you in trouble huh?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The one who you got you in trouble huh?
    that fag banned me about 9 times =D i love trolling

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    that fag banned me about 9 times =D i love trolling
    I think having the same mods in place perpetually is idiotic. Leads to politics like what we saw in that thread. They should be rotated, might keep them off the power trip.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't get why some tuners need to make their name by bashing the big boys as if that somehow elevates them to the same level.
    you and me both....things are typically pretty chill between us all. Seems to be changing lately....case in point another tuner decided to jump into a thread that was 3 pages long in which we were setting up a tuning day in miami. I simply replied, can you do me a favor and open your own thread, and have a little vendor decency?

There is no point in fighting for customers these days, all it does is make people look bad, and ruins the customer experience. Let your customers, work, and customer service talk for you....
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

Sales@eurocharged.com

Over 7000 customers strong!

Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    There is no point in fighting for customers these days, all it does is make people look bad, and ruins the customer experience. Let your customers, work, and customer service talk for you....
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you and me both....things are typically pretty chill between us all. Seems to be changing lately....case in point another tuner decided to jump into a thread that was 3 pages long in which we were setting up a tuning day in miami. I simply replied, can you do me a favor and open your own thread, and have a little vendor decency?
    Got you covered, you can ban users from participating in threads you create.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's a great idea.
    Some folks seem to live to bash threads.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dueclaws Click here to enlarge
    That's a great idea.
    It's genius.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

0 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Joseph, clearly in the above post, you are making it clear that you are a Renntech's b*itch. No matter what!stop misleading members in this forum. If you read the thread carefully, and if you have any brains. the thread was discussing how the Renntech tune compares to a V-Tech tune.it was tune for tune only comparison.The 11.2-11.3 that renntech made in Miami was done with a "Tune only" and lighter wheels and tires, with skinnies up front. VTech made the same runs with street tires. everything else was stock :-. That 10.9 run by rennrech was made using the follwowing:- LSD- Intercooler- ECU tune- turbo headers- turbo exhust- drag radials-lighter wheelsand I dont know, propabley race gas. It is posted up on dragtimes. I would post it here, but I cant from my low rep user "Ready2roll" made some passes on video posted in the same thread making passes averaging 11.3 on street tires with an ECU tune only. Did renntech do that? NO! you are an artist at fixing up stories and backing those renntech b*itches. Lets see how you back them up when thier record for the M157 is broken (will happen very soon). 600rwhp my a$$ loool

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    Joseph, clearly in the above post, you are making it clear that you are a Renntech's b*itch. No matter what!stop misleading members in this forum. If you read the thread carefully, and if you have any brains. the thread was discussing how the Renntech tune compares to a V-Tech tune.it was tune for tune only comparison.The 11.2-11.3 that renntech made in Miami was done with a "Tune only" and lighter wheels and tires, with skinnies up front. VTech made the same runs with street tires. everything else was stock :-. That 10.9 run by rennrech was made using the follwowing:- LSD- Intercooler- ECU tune- turbo headers- turbo exhust- drag radials-lighter wheelsand I dont know, propabley race gas. It is posted up on dragtimes. I would post it here, but I cant from my low rep user "Ready2roll" made some passes on video posted in the same thread making passes averaging 11.3 on street tires with an ECU tune only. Did renntech do that? NO! you are an artist at fixing up stories and backing those renntech b*itches. Lets see how you back them up when thier record for the M157 is broken (will happen very soon). 600rwhp my a$$ loool
    I'm intelligent enough to be able to format a post correctly. It just looks bad when you have poor grammar and question others intelligence as the way you present your point does not look all that intelligent to begin with.

I'm making it clear that tuners who are nobodies (in this case V-tech in relation to Renntech) make their name by going after the big boys. No offense to anyone, but Renntech is the biggest name/brand so to speak for Mercedes tuning in the USA. When someone comes out of nowhere with a canned tune and attacks Renntech, attacking using worse results than Renntech mind you, it reeks of desperation and an attempt to get their name out there.

The best way to compare the tunes is the same time and same place. Trying it in the forum world plays into V-tech's hand. If they think they are sooooo special go top what Renntech did AT THE TRACK. Furthermore, race them at the track.

As of right now Renntech has the quickest, fastest, and most powerful M157's. That's all 3 right there.

You can't compare different locations and setups. If you want to in order to make excuses, go ahead.

Wow, passes on street tires. Sooo coool, hold onto that forever. The fast guys will be running drag tires at the strip. Anyone who handicaps themselves with street tires and considers this is a positive is an idiot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Portman Click here to enlarge
    What is your problem with Renntech?

Remember this thread. You posted some graph from a shop in UAE that you think beat Renntech to 600whp. But the graph was in "Flywheel". Too funny!

http://www.benzboost.com/showthread....283#post259283

You didn't show your face in that thread again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2091 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    What is your problem with Renntech?

Remember this thread. You posted some graph from a shop in UAE that you think beat Renntech to 600whp. But the graph was in "Flywheel". Too funny!

http://www.benzboost.com/showthread....283#post259283

You didn't show your face in that thread again.
    A *very* good point. Kind of makes you question if he should be evaluating who is or is not making an intelligent point.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Loooool.

I would post in a good format, but the format of this forum wouldn allow me to do so from my iphone. As for my grammer, well, English isn't my first language.

I do not care about all your numbers and timeslips that you keeP talking about. Get two 2012 CLS's one tuned from Renntech and the other from Vtech. Have a race and then come here and tell us which tune is the better tune.

You morons keep talking from your asses. I was a previous customer of Renntech. I spent about 16K. Until I got smoked by another car with only 5K spent on it, I had to switch. Ask them about the customer from NBK prime ride and they will know who I am :-). Their tune sucksm They are expensive. All their customers keep getting smoked by other tuners. They keep BSing about records and numbers, which we don't know exactley what these cars are running an what weight mods they have.

Get any two cars mod for mod. One from Renntech and one from let's say OEtuning. OE tuned car will win 10 times out of Ten.

I'm a racer. I don't care about numbers. I care about streer results and race results . And as far as I'm concered Renntech are not worth it.

And if you think that their tuning is done in-house. You really don't know what you are talking about. I personally saw the file on my ECU and it was unlocked by another tuner. The file is not of their development :-)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast