Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Have you looked at his? Still, we are talking about a supercharged 6.2 V8 not exactly majorly out-powering a naturally aspirated 4.0 liter V8. The M3 sure is impressive if you ask me...
    understood...LMs M3 is fast dont get me wrong, but take a close look at the slips...my caddy closes the mph gap between the 1/8 and the 1/4 in half just about every time.....i just cant launch for $#@! right now....if the road was longer im sure the caddy would have reeled him in

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    my caddy closes the mph gap between the 1/8 and the 1/4 in half just about every time.....
    Of course, it has more power. Just the difference really isn't all that big in practice yet exaggerated on paper.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Of course, it has more power. Just the difference really isn't all that big in practice yet exaggerated on paper.
    it was never exaggerated...insideline and motor trend clocked the caddy at 12.5@115 in the 1/4....i bested it....you gotta understand your dealing with a 4200lb car....the m3 is what..3400lbs?...id say thats amazing for the caddy to still be able to out pace it with an 800lb weight disadvantage...even if its by just a small margin

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

it was never exaggerated...insideline and motor trend clocked the caddy at 12.5@115 in the 1/4....i bested it....you gotta understand your dealing with a 4200lb car....the m3 is what..3400lbs?...id say thats amazing for the caddy to still be able to out pace it with an 800lb weight disadvantage...even if its by just a small margin
    I'm not referring to you, I'm saying people in general. Those who don't know anything about anything.

The DCT M3 is about 3560.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

I'm not referring to you, I'm saying people in general. Those who don't know anything about anything.

The DCT M3 is about 3560.
    o ok....well yea...some people just dont know....

ok...650lb disadvantage....its like having an extra 3 fully grown men in the car against one with none

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

o ok....well yea...some people just dont know....

ok...650lb disadvantage....its like having an extra 3 fully grown men in the car against one with none
    Yep, weight disadvantage. But it also has a big supercharged V8...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yep, weight disadvantage. But it also has a big supercharged V8...
    yep...thats why it can edge out an m3 in the 1/4...if even by just a bit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    How's it stack up to a stock m3? lol
    I wish you and LM would line up for some friendly freeway pulls; I for one am curious how your 5.0 would do against an M3 in a rolling race. Based on what you read in the car mags they seem to be *pretty much* neck-in-neck acceleration wise. Maybe there are some videos on You Tube already, I dunno', but if you guys lined it up and got it on video, I know the results would be accurate and nobody would make any excuses for how their car ran/didn't run.

Granted, your Mustang is (I think...) either pretty new or brand new so I'm not sure how hard you want to push it since the motor is still being broken in. I know LM also has some minor mods and his DCT would give him an edge shifting, but it would still be nice to see what the outcome would be while you are still stock.

Looks like you two might also be on the same path to FI down the road based on what I've read here. I'm hopeful you two can get some runs in with each other as your modding progresses; I for one would be very interested to see how both your vehicles respond to modifications, tunes, boost, etc. Long time fan of both platformsClick here to enlarge BTW.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blitz535i Click here to enlarge
    Granted, your Mustang is (I think...) either pretty new or brand new so I'm not sure how hard you want to push it since the motor is still being broken in. I know LM also has some minor mods and his DCT would give him an edge shifting, but it would still be nice to see what the outcome would be while you are still stock.
    The DCT will win. It is a driver's race between manual vs. manual.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The DCT will win. It is a driver's race between manual vs. manual.
    Yes; agreed. And no way to make the run "more fair" as far as a DCT vs. a shift it yourself manual trans. In a perfect world LM would have had a manual and then we could have made a better comparison of the two vehicles in a roll race. My gut tells me that manual trans vs. manual trans, the M3 would still take a rolling race. But...I keep hearing how the 5.0 really gets moving once the speeds hit triple digits.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    +

Click here to enlarge

+ launch control actually working (it engaged 10% of the time)
    +luck
    =

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

ps. LMK next time you go. I'm sure Klevis would like to get kicked out of Atco again Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

I'm not referring to you, I'm saying people in general. Those who don't know anything about anything. The DCT M3 is about 3560.
    Our car. Mods that effect weight:
    Racetech 4009W front seats *25lbs each
    VF620 kit *+100 lbs
    Brembo BBK *heavier than stock

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Mike@VAC; 03-01-2012 at 01:19 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
    http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/...ums/mickey.jpg
    +

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/.../linelock2.jpg

+ launch control actually working (it engaged 10% of the time)
    +luck
    =

http://i1184.photobucket.com/albums/...10690vacvf.jpg

Click here to enlarge

ps. LMK next time you go. I'm sure Klevis would like to get kicked out of Atco again Click here to enlarge
    Embedded your pics for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

@Sticky - you mean 115 mph for me don't you..? I'm convinced better tires have 1mph and of course better ETs. Sunday, if nothing changes, ill retest for a few runs, and try some higher octane. If I can equal the best local cars have done, then I have the answers I'm looking for about what mods I need next.

As for dans V, he has more spin than I did. If u see the vids, I pull him early, but later stops my pulls, and runs the same mph... And THEN, he figured out that he has a D and DS drive mode.. the car also has more in it.. guaranteed.

Against the other M, is dct faster, yes, by about 1, maybe 2 mph, I won't give credit for anymore than that. His issue was the same as my first 3 runs.. its a tough car to launch and both, et and mph suffer.. great driver, but like the rest of us, bad launching

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    @Sticky - you mean 115 mph for me don't you..? I'm convinced better tires have 1mph and of course better ETs. Sunday, if nothing changes, ill retest for a few runs, and try some higher octane. If I can equal the best local cars have done, then I have the answers I'm looking for about what mods I need next.

As for dans V, he has more spin than I did. If u see the vids, I pull him early, but later stops my pulls, and runs the same mph... And THEN, he figured out that he has a D and DS drive mode.. the car also has more in it.. guaranteed.

Against the other M, is dct faster, yes, by about 1, maybe 2 mph, I won't give credit for anymore than that. His issue was the same as my first 3 runs.. its a tough car to launch and both, et and mph suffer.. great driver, but like the rest of us, bad launching
    Soooo... you just told me everything I already know?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Well im going sunday so im sure lm and i will line up. However with his mods i feel lime i would a tune and intake to make it a race. Realistically im hoping for a 12.8 at 111-112 however the motoris bran spanking new so we shall see.
    Maybe a bone stock manual m3 will show up then it will be a drivers race but my money is on me Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Soooo... you just told me everything I already know?
    What you know and said, were 2 different things then. First being my mph, second was dans V and how his mph was affected by not knowing his trans's capabilities. 3rd, was my view on dct vs manual. 4th, there are usually 3-4 responses by the time I post from my phone at 5am, so I'm sure I restate things often

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

LM Have you ever done a 1/4 on VBOX? Is it accurate to rely on it's results?

I did a 1/4 mile with over 4800ft altitude last night. It was 13.09@110 in a flat street on stock 19" with PSS and the car is MT.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I've wanted to race a stock CTS-V for the longest time! I would like to make it out to the next track gathering for sure...my best time at Atco is 12.15@118 on worn out street tires. I'm confident I can get under 12 with stickier tires.
    Current: C63 Coupe: Polar White/Classic Red, P31, H&R, Mode Carbon, RevoZport, Renn Motorsport
    SOLD: B8 S4 Sprint Blue Pearl, DSG, Stasis everything.
    SOLD Eurocharged C63: ARKYM, Forgestar, K&N, Revozport, Custom Rear Lip

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BK63AMG Click here to enlarge
    I've wanted to race a stock CTS-V for the longest time! I would like to make it out to the next track gathering for sure...my best time at Atco is 12.15@118 on worn out street tires. I'm confident I can get under 12 with stickier tires.

well hurry up because i wont be stock for very long....my parts arrive march 6th according to fedEX Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    LM Have you ever done a 1/4 on VBOX? Is it accurate to rely on it's results?

I did a 1/4 mile with over 4800ft altitude last night. It was 13.09@110 in a flat street on stock 19" with PSS and the car is MT.
    i used the vbox at atco for this, those results are from the first 3 runs i did, the ETs were varying from .05-.4 off, and mph was within 1mph

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BK63AMG Click here to enlarge
    SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

This would be epic-Stock Ctsv vs my C63 on video.Click here to enlarge
    C63 Tuned Only 60-130 in 8.71

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonsC63AMG Click here to enlarge
    This would be epic-Stock Ctsv vs my C63 on video.Click here to enlarge
    lol...didnt know i was so popular

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

bk63amg cant come this weekend hes guna be in AC, his car is fast as hell - LM he will prob put a couple cars on you and probably take a stock V.
    I'll be at atco 1000000000000000% to finally get some trap speeds.

Mike@Vac can you chime in on your launch control experiences with the blower? I will be running my drag setup and will most likely be using launch control to be if i can break 10's - other than the fricken thing not working 1/2 the time, did you experience any clutch slippage when you used it? Thats the one thing im scared of and I honestly dont really feel like dealing with the headache of replacing the disks.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    bk63amg cant come this weekend hes guna be in AC, his car is fast as hell - LM he will prob put a couple cars on you and probably take a stock V.
    I'll be at atco 1000000000000000% to finally get some trap speeds.

Mike@Vac can you chime in on your launch control experiences with the blower? I will be running my drag setup and will most likely be using launch control to be if i can break 10's - other than the fricken thing not working 1/2 the time, did you experience any clutch slippage when you used it? Thats the one thing im scared of and I honestly dont really feel like dealing with the headache of replacing the disks.....
    I see your car trapping in the upper 12x.
    C63 Tuned Only 60-130 in 8.71

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast