Close

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Cannabis

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    I'm sure at some point in some place, there were unscrupulous farmers who sold spoiled/tainted milk, and someone's dear family member became sick or even died. As sad as that story was, here we all are living with the aftermath of some grand campaign to "Save the Children from Evil Raw Milk!!".

Remember this the next time someone proposes some kind of "common sense" law about what someone can do to their own body.
    It's getting to the point I'm going to need a permit to have a milkshake.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I'm sure at some point in some place, there were unscrupulous farmers who sold spoiled/tainted milk, and someone's dear family member became sick or even died. As sad as that story was, here we all are living with the aftermath of some grand campaign to "Save the Children from Evil Raw Milk!!".

Remember this the next time someone proposes some kind of "common sense" law about what someone can do to their own body.
    I just glanced over that article that you posted a link to. This just made me laugh "Pasteurization kills these off, and regulators can’t understand why anyone would want to sacrifice that protection.". Protection from what?

In same article "
    Yet the Wisconsin Raw Milk Association cites the same figure on its website—as an endorsement of the product’s safety. Considering that 3,000 Americans die of a foodborne illness each year, it says, two deaths in 14 years makes raw milk a comparatively low-risk option."

Then why have raw anything, we can kill it all by boiling, then make powder out of it and only add water and you are done. If you ever had tasted raw milk you will definitively taste the difference, in comparison the difference between real mashed potatoes and the ones form powder.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As for Canabis, why don't they legalize it and charge like 80% tax initially?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by litxus Click here to enlarge
    Because these same people can't balance a budget.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, they want to keep all the benefits and costs from good old days of surplus, but the problem the income is not there anymore. I wish all these government clowns would have to abide by same rules as businesses and not increase their credit limit and balance every year.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I wish all these government clowns would have to abide by same rules as businesses and not increase their credit limit and balance every year.
    When you get to make the rules...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Why would you be in favor of any tax beyond what's reasonable for the government to regulate the product? And by regulate I mean licensing and zoning enforcement... not the stupid crap ala the raw milk example.

If memory is correct, there will be a 25% tax on weed here in CO starting on Jan 1. Depending on who you believe, that will either fall far short of what's needed for enforcement, or be enough to give every kid in CO a free college education. You wouldn't believe the fun and games associated with these clowns trying to establish a market price for recreational weed, and then project the sales for each year in order to estimate a budget. It's been hilarious.
    Current: '00 S2000
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why would you be in favor of any tax beyond what's reasonable for the government to regulate the product? And by regulate I mean licensing and zoning enforcement... not the stupid crap ala the raw milk example.

If memory is correct, there will be a 25% tax on weed here in CO starting on Jan 1. Depending on who you believe, that will either fall far short of what's needed for enforcement, or be enough to give every kid in CO a free college education. You wouldn't believe the fun and games associated with these clowns trying to establish a market price for recreational weed, and then project the sales for each year in order to estimate a budget. It's been hilarious.
    I was saying tax % initially, in order to give some type of incentive to legalize it faster. In Colorado it looks like it will become legal Jan 1st 2014?

As for clowns, I think all hope is lost as I'm yet to see what mess will obamacare bring to the table.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I was saying tax % initially, in order to give some type of incentive to legalize it faster. In Colorado it looks like it will become legal Jan 1st 2014?

As for clowns, I think all hope is lost as I'm yet to see what mess will obamacare bring to the table.
    Rarely do taxes ever get rolled back. They'd say they will step the taxes down, but you know the politicians won't let all that money come back to the taxpayers. Click here to enlarge

Possession and consumption have been legal here since Jan 1 of this year, but not recreational retail sale. That kicks in in a couple weeks.

The solution to the clown problem is to vote out every incumbent on the ballot. Every. Single. One.
    Previous: '15 M235i xDrive | '15 Macan S | '15 WRX STi | '06 Cayman S | '12 E92 335is w/JB4 | '10 STi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rarely do taxes ever get rolled back. They'd say they will step the taxes down, but you know the politicians won't let all that money come back to the taxpayers. Click here to enlarge

Possession and consumption have been legal here since Jan 1 of this year, but not recreational retail sale. That kicks in in a couple weeks.

The solution to the clown problem is to vote out every incumbent on the ballot. Every. Single. One.
    Agreed on taxes getting rolled back, just look on IL. From what I heard it was raised only "temporarily" but now it keeps going up and IL is still close to bankruptcyClick here to enlarge

As for clowns, I would make lobbying illegal (how is it different from bribing?). Supposedly US is against bribery, but the fact is, that is done either quietly or it is legalized. I kind of feel everyone is dreaming and it will take a really long time for the public to wake up.

As a side note, how was your "STI? I was always thinking of having one, as few times that I drove it, it was loads of fund + loads of traction (4 wheel slides are awesome).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Agreed on taxes getting rolled back, just look on IL. From what I heard it was raised only "temporarily" but now it keeps going up and IL is still close to bankruptcyClick here to enlarge

As for clowns, I would make lobbying illegal (how is it different from bribing?). Supposedly US is against bribery, but the fact is, that is done either quietly or it is legalized. I kind of feel everyone is dreaming and it will take a really long time for the public to wake up.

As a side note, how was your "STI? I was always thinking of having one, as few times that I drove it, it was loads of fund + loads of traction (4 wheel slides are awesome).
    Killing the lobbies would be a great start. The irony is that the people who would pass the law to stop lobbies are the ones who are on the take.

The STi was a great car - I've had two as well as a tuned '02 WRX. They are cheap to mod, reliable up to around 400whp, and a great 4-season car if you live where that's important. The major downside has to do with the interior and overall refinement. It's a hotted-up $15k economy car, and when it gets down to the details, there's no escaping those roots. Around here in CO, every Ken Block wanna-be has one, and getting revved on at the lights gets old after a while, as does seeing yourself coming the other way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1/1/14 - first retail sales are happening now!

Live blog:
    http://www.thecannabist.co/2014/01/0...al-jan-1/1736/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

1/1/14 - first retail sales are happening now!

Live blog:
    http://www.thecannabist.co/2014/01/0...al-jan-1/1736/
    That's... awesome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

This is lady is ignorant as $#@!.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    This is lady is ignorant as $#@!.

http://youtu.be/tTlRulEFFgc
    WTF is she talking about? The sole purpose is to get high? Um no.

Secondly, when people drink, they don't expect a buzz? Why isn't non-alcoholic beer more popular?

$#@! all of these people. Legalize everything and let people make their own decisions. $#@! off you self-righteous $#@! I don't need you telling me what to put in my body. Funny how a man can't tell you whether you should get an abortion or not as it's 'your body' but you can tell me what I can do with mine? $#@! you $#@!.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I only watched a minute. Someone needs to slap her.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    WTF is she talking about? The sole purpose is to get high? Um no.

Secondly, when people drink, they don't expect a buzz? Why isn't non-alcoholic beer more popular?

$#@! all of these people. Legalize everything and let people make their own decisions. $#@! off you self-righteous $#@! I don't need you telling me what to put in my body. Funny how a man can't tell you whether you should get an abortion or not as it's 'your body' but you can tell me what I can do with mine? $#@! you $#@!.
    Exactly, well said.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I only watched a minute. Someone needs to slap her.
    $#@! is totally retarded.

She's like, I don't smoke pot. Non of my friends smoke pot, they're all athletes.
    He asks her, how do you know what it does?
    She replies, because I'm around pot heads many of my best friends are pot heads!

She's $#@!ing drunk and she even said she is.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    $#@! is totally retarded.

She's like, I don't smoke pot. Non of my friends smoke pot, they're all athletes.
    He asks her, how do you know what it does?
    She replies, because I'm around pot heads many of my best friends are pot heads!

She's $#@!ing drunk and she even said she is.
    The drunk point was sarcasm but she's an idiot. I'd ask her if she knows what being slapped feels like. Then I'd slap her.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I never, ever thought I'd agree with Piers during one of his debates. Coulter is always wrong on so many levels... In this appearance she just looked like a total fool.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I can't believe I was siding with Piers either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Colorado Marijuana Sales up, Crime Down

Check this out. Seems like an investment trend if your state is headed the right way!

Added by Joseph Chisarick on May 14, 2014.
    Saved under Colorado, Crime, Joseph Chisarick, U.S.
    Tags: colorado

Click here to enlarge
    Five months ago, Colorado made history by being the first state in the US to legalize the possession of small amounts of marijuana. Opponents were worried that this decision would cause an increase in crime rates, but as sales of marijuana have been increasing, instances of crime have actually gone down in the state. Some local businesses, such as the Colorado Symphony Orchestra (CSO), have even begun to incorporate the drug into advertising as a means of increasing revenue.
    Sales of recreational marijuana in the state reached almost $19 million for the month of March, almost a $5 million increase from February. The first three months of recreational sales have earned roughly $7.3 million in taxes for Colorado, with taxes from medicinal weed bringing the total up to $12.6 million. Another way that this legislation is generating taxes for the state is through fees and licensing of growers and sellers, which have earned an additional $903,000 for the first three months. The fact that sales are steadily increasing indicates that the financial benefit of legalized marijuana could be a lasting one. However, lawmakers are still unsure of this, and are choosing to only plan their spending with the money that has already been earned.
    Compared to the January-April period from 2013, 2014 has seen an overall reduction in both violent and property crimes since legalizing marijuana. This strikes down the statements made by opponents of the bill that legalization of the drug would lead to an increase in crime in the state. Notable reductions were seen in homicide (down by over 52%) and theft from motor vehicles (down by 36%), and all forms of violent crime saw a reduction in their incidence over this period.
    As Colorado sales of marijuana are heading up and crime is heading down, another boost that the state is receiving is through job growth. There are at least 13 different jobs that have been created by the industry, ranging from marijuana journalists to grow site operators. The increasing demand for employment can also act as a boost for students, who are taking advantage of the booming industry to help cover tuition costs, according to a study published by Humboldt University. With the cannabis business projected to keep growing, the need for jobs within the industry will continue to expand as well.......

http://guardianlv.com/2014/05/colora...up-crime-down/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)

But the cannabis companies are complaining that it's "not safe". Mind BLOWN

Either it's "safer" or its "not safe" make up your mind.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yage202 Click here to enlarge
    Check this out. Seems like an investment trend if your state is headed the right way!

http://guardianlv.com/wp-content/upl...n--650x400.jpg
    Five months ago, Colorado made history by being the first state in the US to legalize the possession of small amounts of marijuana. Opponents were worried that this decision would cause an increase in crime rates, but as sales of marijuana have been increasing, instances of crime have actually gone down in the state. Some local businesses, such as the Colorado Symphony Orchestra (CSO), have even begun to incorporate the drug into advertising as a means of increasing revenue.
    Sales of recreational marijuana in the state reached almost $19 million for the month of March, almost a $5 million increase from February. The first three months of recreational sales have earned roughly $7.3 million in taxes for Colorado, with taxes from medicinal weed bringing the total up to $12.6 million. Another way that this legislation is generating taxes for the state is through fees and licensing of growers and sellers, which have earned an additional $903,000 for the first three months. The fact that sales are steadily increasing indicates that the financial benefit of legalized marijuana could be a lasting one. However, lawmakers are still unsure of this, and are choosing to only plan their spending with the money that has already been earned.
    Compared to the January-April period from 2013, 2014 has seen an overall reduction in both violent and property crimes since legalizing marijuana. This strikes down the statements made by opponents of the bill that legalization of the drug would lead to an increase in crime in the state. Notable reductions were seen in homicide (down by over 52%) and theft from motor vehicles (down by 36%), and all forms of violent crime saw a reduction in their incidence over this period.
    As Colorado sales of marijuana are heading up and crime is heading down, another boost that the state is receiving is through job growth. There are at least 13 different jobs that have been created by the industry, ranging from marijuana journalists to grow site operators. The increasing demand for employment can also act as a boost for students, who are taking advantage of the booming industry to help cover tuition costs, according to a study published by Humboldt University. With the cannabis business projected to keep growing, the need for jobs within the industry will continue to expand as well.......

Opponents to legalization can choke on their bibles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yage202 Click here to enlarge

http://guardianlv.com/wp-content/upl...n--650x400.jpg

Those numbers are staggering.

Only losers are big pharma, criminals, and alcohol producers.
    2009 BMW E92 M3 | 2012 BMW X5 35d | 2008 Ferrari 430 Scuderia | 1978 Ferrari 308 GTS

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast