Close

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the info. You seem to know quite a bit about it, how is that ? Are you involved with the team or Evosport in some way ?
    Good question.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Evosport-MBBS Racing Debuts Mercedes-Benz AMG CLK63 Black Series at World Challenge Finale

For Immediate Release

Craig Stanton To Drive Black Series at Sonoma Raceway

August 13, 2012 (Huntington Beach, Calif.) - One of the most ambitious projects in the Pirelli World Challenge Series will race for the first time at the Cadillac Sonoma Grand Prix, the season finale of the 2012 Pirelli World Challenge Championship.

With sports car veteran Craig Stanton at the wheel, the no. 24 MBBS - Evosport Engineering AMG CLK63 Black Series will compete for the first time in the Pirelli World Challenge's headlining GT class. Doing battle with race-prepared Porsche 911 GT3 Cup, Audi R8 LMS, Cadillac CTS-V, Chevrolet Corvettes, and Nissan GT-R's that race in the GT class, the no. 24 MBBS-Evosport CLK63 Black Series will be the only Mercedes-Benz to be raced professionally in North America. The team will compete full-time in Pirelli World Challenge in the 2013 season.

The car, which began life as an Evosport-tuned AMG CLK63 Black Series street car, is the culmination of a years' worth of development, fabrication, testing, and refinement by Evosport Engineering. The bespoke components created and developed by Evosport Engineering for the Pirelli World Challenge race car will be available to customers for a variety of Mercedes Benz/AMG street car models, adding to an already long list of leading performance parts Evosport has sold since 1999.

Stanton, from Long Beach, Calif., has one World Challenge start - and one victory - on his resume, winning at Long Beach in 2009. He is known as one of the fittest and fastest sports car drivers in North America. A former champion in the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge and the Rolex Sports Car Series, he is a multi-time class winner in the American Le Mans Series including a win at Petit Le Mans.

"It has been a long road to get here, but I am very excited that we get to finally take our AMG CLK63 Black Series racing," said Stanton. "The car is absolutely gorgeous and I can't wait for the racing world to see what the guys at Evosport Engineering have been working on this year. It is a work of art, and in my experience, cars that look fast ARE fast. I'm so proud of our build team. They have taken a true street car - a car that that was registered, insured, everything - and turned into a World Challenge race car. I can't wait to show everyone what it can do. World Challenge is very exciting - sprint races, standing starts, and lots of action with multiple classes. I can't wait!"

Team crew chief Chris Willis, who previously engineered ACS Express Racing to a World Challenge GT championship, is equally enthused about the debut of the no. 24 MBBS - Evosport Engineering AMG CLK63 Black Series.

"We have done a number of things that haven't been done before, including the development of a stand-alone ECU for the AMG M156 engine," said Willis. "Functionality in concert with exceptional fit & finish were key in this development. We are approaching Sonoma with eyes wide open, as the car is still under development. From my experience in this series, the competition in the Pirelli World Challenge GT class is incredibly tough, and we are coming to it with a new build. Our goals are modest; to finish out the weekend in solid fashion and to show the reliability and potential of the car. We certainly have the right guy in the car."

The Cadillac Sonoma Grand Prix will be streamed live online at www.world-challengetv.com on Saturday, August 25, at 3:00 PM ET and Sunday, August 26, at 3:00 PM ET. The television broadcast on NBC Sports will be shown on Sunday, September 9th at 3:30 PM ET.

About Evosport

Evosport was founded in 1999 with a vision to provide owners of high-line European automobiles a one-stop shop for all of their performance and visual enhancement needs. With a relentless passion, they have continued to increase the company's depth and breadth in pursuit of that vision. Today, Evosport is a dynamic, high-growth company and an industry leader in the delivery of premier aftermarket products and services for Mercedes, BMW, Porsche and Ferrari automobiles. Learn more at www.evosport.com, and at www.facebook.com/evosport.
    Media Contact

Efrain Olivares | (818) 254-7196 | efrain@shiftgroup.net

Looks like Jalopnik also picked it up:

http://m.jalopnik.com/5934286/tuning...imate-race-car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That was sent by E-mail yesterday. I talked to Simon from Evosport about this car. I ordered the new set of Evo2 rotors for my SL63. I was chatting with him about how much HP this baby makes. He said that he couldnt discuss any HP figures with me, but the car will be limited in HP during the race. Although it makes well above 600+ easily.
    Weistec Supercharged SL63 AMG
    Click here to enlarge
    Fastest Overall Mercedes SL Class VBOX 60-130, 6.86-
    Dragtimes.com, FEB 16 2013

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    That was sent by E-mail yesterday. I talked to Simon from Evosport about this car. I ordered the new set of Evo2 rotors for my SL63. I was chatting with him about how much HP this baby makes. He said that he couldnt discuss any HP figures with me, but the car will be limited in HP during the race. Although it makes well above 600+ easily.
    Let's hope you aren't waiting on those rotors for a year.

It probably needs to be restricted for parity.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Let's hope you aren't waiting on those rotors for a year.

It probably needs to be restricted for parity.
    No, they are in stock. Evosport closed this whole "back order " issue. I was also pissed a while back for not getting my power pulley from them. I even posted about it on mbworld. This is not my first time ordering rotors with them.

Simon is a great guy, very proffesional. I bought many products from Evosport through him for many cars.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jacob502 Click here to enlarge
    No, they are in stock. Evosport closed this whole "back order " issue. I was also pissed a while back for not getting my power pulley from them. I even posted about it on mbworld. This is not my first time ordering rotors with them.

Simon is a great guy, very proffesional. I bought many products from Evosport through him for many cars.
    Simon isn't bad. I have dealt with evosport more than just about anyone here. They have gone through some very large changes and hopefully it is all for the better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Benz280SL Click here to enlarge
    There are 60 some odd temp/pressure sensors to track. Once all checked out….the engineers got out of the way!
    The car is full of Motec....and lots of other interesting sensors.

I see a 3 axis accelerometer, a single axis yaw rate sensor, and a few others. Probably has an ADL3, E816, M880, and I think a DBW4 on the trans tunnel. 60 channels of data isn't unusual in SWC....

Switchpanel looks like a Racegrade....but without the membrane logos on. That means Motec PDM(s) are probably on board.
    Rep Points > Posts since 2010

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Here is an interview With the man behind the wheel:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

At Sears Point this weekend:

Click here to enlarge
    photo credit SCCA Pirelli World Challenge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks great. When is the race, Sunday ??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Looks great. When is the race, Sunday ??
    ~Noon Saturday (in the western U.S.)...
    I hope its maiden competitive challenge goes well!

Streaming link @ http://www.world-challengetv.com/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ....look what I started

"Noteworthy is the fact that Evosport has touched more Black Series vehicles than anyone save Mercedes-Benz themselves."........thanks to me Click here to enlarge My Black Series and I were the ones that started it all.
    Last edited by JRCART; 08-24-2012 at 10:41 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    ....look what I started

"Noteworthy is the fact that Evosport has touched more Black Series vehicles than anyone save Mercedes-Benz themselves."........thanks to me Click here to enlarge My Black Series and I were the ones that started it all.
    Definitely true.

A lot has changed at Evosport since then. Brad being gone for example.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not even a mention of the car in yesterdays GT practice wrap up.

http://www.world-challenge.com/news/...php?story=2672
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by splinter Click here to enlarge
    ~Noon Saturday (in the western U.S.)...
    I hope its maiden competitive challenge goes well!

Streaming link @ http://www.world-challengetv.com/
    Audio feed does not seem to be working.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just listened to GT qualifying Craig Stanton and the CLK qualified 16th out of 17 cars with a 1:40.398 lap times...a 1:35.200 was the pole car(Volvo) to put it in perspective. The car will be in the show on Saturday.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We'll see how it does, not a good starting position.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    We'll see how it does, not a good starting position.
    They are way off the pace, don't expect much majority of the field was running mid 37's or lower. I'm sure nobody expected them to go out there in their first race and blow the doors off everyone. Anyone that knows anything about racing knows those storys are rare. I'm sure they are just looking to finish the race in once peice and maybe gain a couple positions on the track. Probably more of a test than a race for them. It will put them in a position to gauge where they are at heading into next season. Announcer mentioned that they would have a second car on the MMBS team next year....I wonder if it's going to be another CLK or if it's going to be a C63????
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They are way off the pace, don't expect much majority of the field was running mid 37's or lower. I'm sure nobody expected them to go out there in their first race and blow the doors off everyone. Anyone that knows anything about racing knows those storys are rare. I'm sure they are just looking to finish the race in once peice and maybe gain a couple positions on the track. Probably more of a test than a race for them. It will put them in a position to gauge where they are at heading into next season. Announcer mentioned that they would have a second car on the MMBS team next year....I wonder if it's going to be another CLK or if it's going to be a C63????
    Good insight JR. The car has run every minute of every session. Working systems reliability and set up. It's the 4th time the car has been on a track. This is a multi year undertaking….as it was with the Caddys & Volvos (full factory)…..and others…..all of which were off the pace with new cars. This is the pinnacle of GT racing in the US. Lots of sorting, engineering, endless testing, persevering and patience. Stay tuned & thanks for the support.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good insight JR. The car has run every minute of every session. Working systems reliability and set up. It's the 4th time the car has been on a track. This is a multi year undertaking….as it was with the Caddys & Volvos (full factory)…..and others…..all of which were off the pace with new cars. This is the pinnacle of GT racing in the US. Lots of sorting, engineering, endless testing, persevering and patience. Stay tuned & thanks for the support.
    The car looks amazing, bring it home in one peice. In your opinion is the car down on hp or is it just a weight issue? I know those two things can be one and the same so I guess I am asking what would benefit the car more, weight reduction or a few more ponies? Good Luck
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The car looks amazing, bring it home in one peice. In your opinion is the car down on hp or is it just a weight issue? I know those two things can be one and the same so I guess I am asking what would benefit the car more, weight reduction or a few more ponies? Good Luck
    Thanks!. Both actually. Race engines to be complete in November. Save headers and ECU, the engine in the car this weekend is stock……..out of the original car with 9,000 street miles on it. Testament to the durability of the 156. You know very well what the NA motors are capable of with the right builder. The balance of the CF doors, deck lid etc will bring us into weight parity. HP is easy. Chassis/suspension dynamics are where these races are won - all other things being equal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is very true.

It took Kpax a year to get up to speed with the Volvos...and that was coming off a very successful season winning with GT3s. I heard a rumour in the paddock back in 2006-2007 that the Caddies (CTS-V) cost $1.4M each to build including all the developement and engineering. That's the kind of backing that some teams have.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Memories....

Click here to enlarge

How that shot was taken:

Click here to enlarge

Sorry for the side-track.....looking forward to hearing more about this car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what the hell - NBC sports is showing the Mid Ohio race right now ???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    TODAY
    Event: Pirelli World Challenge, Grand Prix of Sonoma
    Time: 12:30PM PT/3:30PM ET
    Channel: NBC Sports (check your local listings)
    283047_433605093348774_1700619013_n.jpg

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast