Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 113
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Points
    258.1
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Who is he working for, Jim ?
    Cosworth
    Click here to enlarge

    1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,369
    Rep Points
    794.0
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I believe there will be an announcement from Evosport on the 23rd.
    Click here to enlarge

    I will quit being rude if you quit being stupid.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Who is he working for, Jim ?
    His dad got him a cushy job after the Evosport debacle.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Newport Beach, CA
    Posts
    20
    Rep Points
    85.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Looks like it means business.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Looks $#@!ing BAD ASS. Wonder what it weighs....No glass all Lexan, everything else yanked, all the ancillaries gone, maybe some bodywork and then addition of cage and some areo...I'd bet under 3000# - wonder what gearbox they are using.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3
    Rep Points
    8.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Would love to see some more photos of this thing!

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RBM Click here to enlarge
    Would love to see some more photos of this thing!
    Apparently it's going to be at the Cars and Coffee event this Sat in Irvine. Running an X-trac sequential gearbox.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge


    Gotta say this is a pretty impressive build. Can't wait to see this thing run.


    http://www.facebook.com/mbbsracing/photos

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Reputation: Yes | No
    So are they joining mid season or waiting for next season?

    I could see this team being a mid-pack runner. The Caddys, K-pax Volvos, and 911 GT3 have been owning the season.


  11. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    So are they joining mid season or waiting for next season?

    I could see this team being a mid-pack runner. The Caddys, K-pax Volvos, and 911 GT3 have been owning the season.
    From what I understand they are shooting for Detroit. I agree, they have some steep competition but with the right driver this car should be very competitive.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Apparently it's going to be at the Cars and Coffee event this Sat in Irvine. Running an X-trac sequential gearbox.
    Thought this was supposed to be kept quiet?

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Thought this was supposed to be kept quiet?
    It's on their site I posted above. here
    http://www.facebook.com/mbbsracing

    Sorry, should have told you earlier. You wanna meet up ? Never been there, hear it starts really early....

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    It's on their site I posted above. here
    http://www.facebook.com/mbbsracing

    Sorry, should have told you earlier. You wanna meet up ? Never been there, hear it starts really early....
    If you want we can go. It does start super early...

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Ehhhh - I'll let ya know. Lemme see if I can find out what time the race car will be there till.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    41
    Rep Points
    43.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This just hit my Facebook news reel. This isn't something thats been seen before! Whoa!!

    Last edited by Benz280SL; 06-08-2012 at 03:57 PM.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Benz280SL Click here to enlarge
    This just hit my Facebook news reel. This isn't something thats been seen before! Whoa!!

    https://vimeo.com/43685848
    Beautiful engine dyno stand. Those motor mounts are awesome. But no dry sump ?? Can't tell but is that still an oil pan connected at the bottom to those AN fittings ?

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    41
    Rep Points
    43.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Beautiful engine dyno stand. Those motor mounts are awesome. But no dry sump ?? Can't tell but is that still an oil pan connected at the bottom to those AN fittings ?
    Dunno…..looks like a standard oiler. The gist of the their FB post was that they have developed a stand alone engine management system for the 156, including programable cam timing. Thats not been done before.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    41
    Rep Points
    43.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Car looks amazing. Wonder what kind of lap times they were able to put down at Big Willow?

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,681
    Rep Points
    31,507.9
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Definitely looks good and like it means business.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    41
    Rep Points
    43.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    First IN CAR footage found on AMG PL. Click here to enlarge


  23. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    Reputation: Yes | No
    SICK! Thanks for the video. Looked like he was takin it really easy though and not pushing the car at all. Why did they have cones in the middle of turn 8 though ? That was strange...

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    41
    Rep Points
    43.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    SICK! Thanks for the video. Looked like he was takin it really easy though and not pushing the car at all. Why did they have cones in the middle of turn 8 though ? That was strange...
    WISR is basically all lefts and few real braking zones. They wanted to break it up with more right/lefts and braking opportunities for systems data tracking. Yes, Craig was taking it ez…….thoroughly warming all systems. There are 60 some odd temp/pressure sensors to track. Once all checked out….the engineers got out of the way!

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    3,230
    Rep Points
    502.1
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Benz280SL Click here to enlarge
    WISR is basically all lefts and few real braking zones. They wanted to break it up with more right/lefts and braking opportunities for systems data tracking. Yes, Craig was taking it ez…….thoroughly warming all systems. There are 60 some odd temp/pressure sensors to track. Once all checked out….the engineers got out of the way!
    Thanks for the info. You seem to know quite a bit about it, how is that ? Are you involved with the team or Evosport in some way ? Really looking forward to seeing it race - would be great to see a Black Series on the podium.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •