Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    lt will be great to hear the outcome of this. JCart hinted at 850whp in one post, I am not sure if he hinted at a built engine which we can assume is the only natural progress. What I know for a fact is that Weistec has/d a sleeved block so potentially they had pistons and maybe rods made.
    Whats great is that I put my faith in Weistec and it was the main decision against me getting a R35. It seems that there is going to be very decent progress on the M156 platform thanks to JCart and Ecam's willingness to put the $$$$$ down so we can have these developments (much thanks and respect to them).
    I am waiting on the St2 still and hoping the majority of the kit can be carried over to the St3 which I will eventually do. What I am praying for and what will be a curve ball is if they have some how gone with a bigger charger.
    As for the power figures I reckon its going to be a number chosen by their marketing policy and obviously the threshold of reliability they want to attach to it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mainah Click here to enlarge
    However, performance is sustained throughout the 1/4 and on only 4XX rwhp.
    IMO it drops off hard after the 1/8.

It's a great drag setup though, no doubt. Power doesn't always correlate to ET though but that is why I like the 1/4 mile as it shows both.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    As for the power figures I reckon its going to be a number chosen by their marketing policy
    I agreed with everything you said but I don't think this is fair. The number will be what the number is, not one "chosen" arbitrarily.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I agreed with everything you said but I don't think this is fair. The number will be what the number is, not one "chosen" arbitrarily.
    Quoting my sentence without the reliability in it makes it incorrect. There hasn't been a single Weistec car that has made what was is quoted in their literature, they all make more. When you have the ability to control the boost as a tuner you decide what you what power level you want to release your vehicle at. The decision is based on reliability, marketing etc. Companies have to think ahead and if there is a stage 3 there might be plans for a 4 as well. If the difference is 30whp it doesn't make economic sense to release it.
    You also mentioned the Stg2 is 650whp which it is not. Neither JCart no Ecampbell are running Stg2. We have no information on the Stg2 as the only cars we have seen are running the cylinder heads as well which is not part of the Stg2 package.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can send that to ESS hehe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There hasn't been a single Weistec car that has made what was is quoted in their literature, they all make more.
    Depending on how you calculate crank HP, isn't this is a good thing?

You also mentioned the Stg2 is 650whp which it is not. Neither JCart no Ecampbell are running Stg2.
    Clearly they had custom versions of Stage 2 setups and if you want further information on them ask them. They posted plenty on this already.

as the only cars we have seen are running the cylinder heads as well which is not part of the Stg2 package.
    So then call it Stage 2+, what difference does it make? Basically a Stage 2 with their cylinder heads.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can send that to ESS hehe
    Oh how I would like to...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Joe, slow news day?

Jrcart has said details will be released when appropriate so why start this thread?
    Last edited by ecampbell; 01-22-2012 at 08:34 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Depending on how you calculate crank HP, isn't this is a good thing?

Clearly they had custom versions of Stage 2 setups and if you want further information on them ask them. They posted plenty on this already.

So then call it Stage 2+, what difference does it make? Basically a Stage 2 with their cylinder heads.
    Its a good thing to get more than you bargained for. That's a marketing aspect.

How custom their Stage 2's are will only be seen when the formal Stage 2 (read run of the mill) gets released. No one knows yet if it will run the same boost level.

I think the Stage 2+ is what that crazy dude had. 638whp done by ACG. This is what I am hoping to achieve initially accept for the fact that I wont run 91 and will request something slightly more aggressive for 104 octane.

All in all its exciting times for the platform.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Joe, no need to stir the pot on anything and I respectfully ask you to close this thread. I asked Jrcart to not speak about my car and ask you to do the same.
    Ok, well I'll speak about Jrcart's then or just the Stage III in general. I'll edit out any mention of you.

I'm not stirring the pot, just talking cars like what we are here to do...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Post count for sponsors...pathetic

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Post count for sponsors...pathetic
    Huh? Not even sure what this means.

Earl, I'm not sure why you are bringing negativity into this thread. I'm removing you from the discussion.

We just want to talk about cars and it would be nice to leave pointless drama behind. So, uh, we're going to talk cars and I guess the moderation needs to be a little more strict just as you suggested earlier. Back on topic Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Jrcart has said details will be released when appropriate so why start this thread?
    If it's ok with you sir, some of us would just like to talk about the potential of the platform until we get further details.

Man, can't even have some fun...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

How custom their Stage 2's are will only be seen when the formal Stage 2 (read run of the mill) gets released. No one knows yet if it will run the same boost level.

I think the Stage 2+ is what that crazy dude had. 638whp done by ACG. This is what I am hoping to achieve initially accept for the fact that I wont run 91 and will request something slightly more aggressive for 104 octane.

I'm sure Weistec will help you try to get all you can out of your car.

The run of the mill so to speak Stage 2 will obviously be capable of more as already shown.

Way exciting times Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can promise you that compression is not being lowered.

Please don't put words in my mouth. You can quote me on anything that I have posted and I will stand behind it but I have NEVER discussed compression related to this build. You guys can keep speculating based on what little info has been posted by Earl or I but the truth is that you guys are way off and have no idea as to what's really happening.

...Joe, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but both these cars are going to slaughter your car, that is if your car ever gets done. I'm sure you don't want to come to grips with the reality that two cars got built bigger, badder and more powerful than your car in under 4 months, but its true.....so what's that ETA with Gintani on your car?
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    ^lol...."Marty...your kids!!!....its your kids!!!!....they finally got Gintani to finish your car!!!!" Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    ...Joe, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but both these cars are going to slaughter your car, that is if your car ever gets done. I'm sure you don't want to come to grips with the reality that two cars got built bigger, badder and more powerful than your car in under 4 months, but its true.....so what's that ETA with Gintani on your car?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Quoting my sentence without the reliability in it makes it incorrect. There hasn't been a single Weistec car that has made what was is quoted in their literature, they all make more. When you have the ability to control the boost as a tuner you decide what you what power level you want to release your vehicle at. The decision is based on reliability, marketing etc. Companies have to think ahead and if there is a stage 3 there might be plans for a 4 as well. If the difference is 30whp it doesn't make economic sense to release it.
    You also mentioned the Stg2 is 650whp which it is not. Neither JCart no Ecampbell are running Stg2. We have no information on the Stg2 as the only cars we have seen are running the cylinder heads as well which is not part of the Stg2 package.
    Good post, I repped you. You are absolutely 100% correct. From day 1 I have come on the boards and told everyone how conservative Weistec is with their claims. They would rather under commit and over deliver and that's what they have done over and over again. I would also like to add that there have been ZERO Weistec blower failures or motor failures which also shows that they have things very dialed back for reliabilty and streetability. The fact that Earl and I have not blown up our motors with the amount of power we are pushing through them should also let everyone know what these motors are capable of even in stock form. FWIW I saw Earls car make a pass with a 20psi pulley installed back in october at Las Vegas Speedway, if that doesn't show you guys what these motors can do then I don't know what will. You guys are going to have your socks knocked off in a few weeks when we release dyno figures and track results, until then people can keep speculating.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

again, you are correct, Earls and my car are test mules for all sorts of Weistec products, labeling or cars "Stage 2" or "Stage 3" would be misleading. Some of the stuff on our cars might prove worthless or not up to par and end up in the trash, who knows??? I'm sure future Weistec customers will appreciate know that parts they purchase have been thoroughly tested and proven on the street, dyno and track. I wwould assume that most customers cars will not get abused the way my car gets abused so if it holds up on my car it will hold up on anyones car.

George Smooth, whay are you holding off? Go ahead and purchase the Stage 1, plus their heads and some LT's and start enjoying the car. You can add new intake and pulleys as they are released.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, well I'll speak about Jrcart's then or just the Stage III in general. I'll edit out any mention of you.

I'm not stirring the pot, just talking cars like what we are here to do...
    Sticky, this thread is misleading, the stuff Earl and I are getting done is NOT considered "Stage 3", Weistec does not call it Stage 3, when Earl and I talk we don't call it stage 3. It is VERY misleading to existing and potential new Weistec customers to have them think that there will even be a Stage 3 released to the public by Weistec. Unless you have inside information from Steve or Mike I would ask you to change the title of this thread.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    ^lol...."Marty...your kids!!!....its your kids!!!!....they finally got Gintani to finish your car!!!!" Click here to enlarge
    LOL...fucikng hilarious!
    Sticky won't be laughing...here's Stickys canned reply....."Its not Gintanis fault, the trans guys had the car for 2 yrs, Gintani has only had the car since Oct"

Weistec has had my car and Earls car since only Oct 24 and they will be on a race track in mid Feb, so why can't Gintani give him a date? Both are completely custom builds only difference is Weistec did transmission work in the same period of time LMAO.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL...fucikng hilarious!
    Sticky won't be laughing...here's Stickys canned reply....."Its not Gintanis fault, the trans guys had the car for 2 yrs, Gintani has only had the car since Oct"

Weistec has had my car and Earls car since only Oct 24 and they will be on a race track in mid Feb, so why can't Gintani give him a date? Both are completely custom builds only difference is Weistec did transmission work in the same period of time LMAO.

lol...i know....the guy who is doing the same LSX build as me managed to drop the vendor that gave him a used block, sell the block, find a new builder, tell the builder what he wanted, the build built it, chassis dynoed it, waited a week for the whipple, got it, QCd it, and is now finishing it up and should be on the dyno by the end of the week.....mind you the trans was getting done a circle D the whole time and just got back too...granted....its all domestic parts so sourcing and stuff is easy but sheesh....the guy managed to get his full build done in under 2.5 months

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    lol...i know....the guy who is doing the same LSX build as me managed to drop the vendor that gave him a used block, sell the block, find a new builder, tell the builder what he wanted, the build built it, chassis dynoed it, waited a week for the whipple, got it, QCd it, and is now finishing it up and should be on the dyno by the end of the week.....mind you the trans was getting done a circle D the whole time and just got back too...granted....its all domestic parts so sourcing and stuff is easy but sheesh....the guy managed to get his full build done in under 2.5 months
    I honestly don't care when Stickys car gets done but I just find it humerous that he is the first guy to want to call out a members experiences with a bad vendor or vendor who has dropped the ball in some manner but then he cuts his tuners a $#@!load of slack. I have asked Stick a dozen times in the past 6 weeks when his car will be completed and he has yet to answer. Bottom line he's affraid of somebody or something. He's acting as if his tuners are bulding a $#@!ing time machine or the next generation space shuttle...its a $#@!ing car NOTHING SHOULD TAKE OVER 2 $#@!ING YEARS!!! I don't think he realizes how foolish he looks everytime he brings up his DCT or whatever the $#@! it is or everytime he makes an excuse for his tuners. If he was half as worried about his own build as he was the "Weistec Stage 3" builds maybe he would be driving hiscar instead of dreaming about it. Anyone remeber the JRCART vs evosport thread from about a year ago? Well, he was all over evosport because they were 2 months late on my car, since then I have had TWO MAJOR $#@!ING BUILDS done to my car and all the while he is carless.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

George Smooth, whay are you holding off? Go ahead and purchase the Stage 1, plus their heads and some LT's and start enjoying the car. You can add new intake and pulleys as they are released.
    I got a spare set of heads that I will be sending in due course. Shipping to and from where I am is US$4000. I would rather wait it out and fit the Stg2 one shot. This will save me time in shipping ECU's to and from South Africa and avoid the risk of things getting "lost" when it arrives here. LTH can only be done in first week of Feb so I got some time to hold out. At the moment I use my 335 for kicks so I am in no rush.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I honestly don't care when Stickys car gets done but I just find it humerous that he is the first guy to want to call out a members experiences with a bad vendor or vendor who has dropped the ball in some manner but then he cuts his tuners a $#@!load of slack. I have asked Stick a dozen times in the past 6 weeks when his car will be completed and he has yet to answer. Bottom line he's affraid of somebody or something. He's acting as if his tuners are bulding a $#@!ing time machine or the next generation space shuttle...its a $#@!ing car NOTHING SHOULD TAKE OVER 2 $#@!ING YEARS!!! I don't think he realizes how foolish he looks everytime he brings up his DCT or whatever the $#@! it is or everytime he makes an excuse for his tuners. If he was half as worried about his own build as he was the "Weistec Stage 3" builds maybe he would be driving hiscar instead of dreaming about it. Anyone remeber the JRCART vs evosport thread from about a year ago? Well, he was all over evosport because they were 2 months late on my car, since then I have had TWO MAJOR $#@!ING BUILDS done to my car and all the while he is carless.
    Hahahaha.....
    Click here to enlarge
    Drives: Basically a pretty bad ass f250 lifted with 24" wheels! Dpf delete 4" exhaust h&s tuner and intake..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast