Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I must have missed when Gintani released all the info and hp/tq numbers on their Stage III kit.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    I must have missed when Gintani released all the info and hp/tq numbers on their Stage III kit.Click here to enlarge
    Foolish you. It was around the time they released their S85 supercharge numbers and the Vishnu N54 tune was accused of causing so many misfires that where so contagious that other non-vishnu cars got them and are also misfiring. We even have a board sponsor whose solution is to delete the fault code from the ecu code (also known as opening pandoras box) in tuning speak.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    I can promise you that compression is not being lowered.

Please don't put words in my mouth. You can quote me on anything that I have posted and I will stand behind it but I have NEVER discussed compression related to this build. You guys can keep speculating based on what little info has been posted by Earl or I but the truth is that you guys are way off and have no idea as to what's really happening.

...Joe, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but both these cars are going to slaughter your car, that is if your car ever gets done. I'm sure you don't want to come to grips with the reality that two cars got built bigger, badder and more powerful than your car in under 4 months, but its true.....so what's that ETA with Gintani on your car?
    I assumed the compression was being lowered, my mistake. How are you increasing boost so far at the stock compression or are you increasing displacement?

We are just speculating because it is an interesting topic.

Jim, we have a thread for comparisons of your car to mine we can discuss further there if you like. This doesn't involve me, this is simply about the M156. I hope your car is absolutely as strong as it can possibly be and I will be the first to congratulate you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Sticky, this thread is misleading, the stuff Earl and I are getting done is NOT considered "Stage 3", Weistec does not call it Stage 3, when Earl and I talk we don't call it stage 3. It is VERY misleading to existing and potential new Weistec customers to have them think that there will even be a Stage 3 released to the public by Weistec. Unless you have inside information from Steve or Mike I would ask you to change the title of this thread.
    What would you like the title to be? I just assumed Stage III was a natural continuation but since there seems to be a lot of custom work involved I can change the title to reflect whatever you like.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

I honestly don't care when Stickys car gets done but I just find it humerous that he is the first guy to want to call out a members experiences with a bad vendor or vendor who has dropped the ball in some manner but then he cuts his tuners a $#@!load of slack. I have asked Stick a dozen times in the past 6 weeks when his car will be completed and he has yet to answer. Bottom line he's affraid of somebody or something. He's acting as if his tuners are bulding a $#@!ing time machine or the next generation space shuttle...its a $#@!ing car NOTHING SHOULD TAKE OVER 2 $#@!ING YEARS!!! I don't think he realizes how foolish he looks everytime he brings up his DCT or whatever the $#@! it is or everytime he makes an excuse for his tuners. If he was half as worried about his own build as he was the "Weistec Stage 3" builds maybe he would be driving hiscar instead of dreaming about it. Anyone remeber the JRCART vs evosport thread from about a year ago? Well, he was all over evosport because they were 2 months late on my car, since then I have had TWO MAJOR $#@!ING BUILDS done to my car and all the while he is carless.
    Jim, you honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

Secondly, it's my car, not yours. Worry about yours, I'll worry about mine. I'm glad you have done two major builds. Do two major M3 builds and then it will be applicable to my situation. This thread isn't about my car and I'm not sure why you are mentioning it.

I'm not worried about Weistec I simply want to learn more about these builds and talk about them as does everyone else. Why you are taking this the wrong way I have no idea.

Yes, I was all over Evosport on your behalf. I'm the one who stood up to tell what happened despite being threatened several times with legal action. Thanks for remembering.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Jim, you honestly have no idea what you are talking about.

Secondly, it's my car, not yours. Worry about yours, I'll worry about mine. I'm glad you have done two major builds. Do two major M3 builds and then it will be applicable to my situation. This thread isn't about my car and I'm not sure why you are mentioning it.

I'm not worried about Weistec I simply want to learn more about these builds and talk about them as does everyone else. Why you are taking this the wrong way I have no idea.

Yes, I was all over Evosport on your behalf. I'm the one who stood up to tell what happened despite being threatened several times with legal action. Thanks for remembering.
    Sticky, I posted in a thread just a few days ago that I would be starting a full thread with intimate details on EVERYTHING related to the finished product in the next couple weeks. We are getting some major stuff done, and I'm sure our builds rival the complexity of yours. I'm not sure why you constantly think that an M3 build is any more complex than a BS build???? You act as if an M156 is like a Mustang 5.0 motor and we can just hit the Summit website and have he UPS guy drop of a 900 hp motor on our front porch. You know I'm just ball busting and I hope you have one helluva fast car, I hope you and I run down the track side by side with me running a 9.499 and a 9.500. I'm just as curious about your build as you are our builds. Do you have an ETA date yet?
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Sticky, I posted in a thread just a few days ago that I would be starting a full thread with intimate details on EVERYTHING related to the finished product in the next couple weeks.
    And that is awesome! This isn't an official build thread or anything, just some car talk. It isn't applicable at all just some guesses at the power output.

We are getting some major stuff done, and I'm sure our builds rival the complexity of yours.
    I have no doubt the builds are incredibly complex but this isn't a rivalry or comparison between those builds and mine.

You act as if an M156 is like a Mustang 5.0 motor and we can just hit the Summit website and have he UPS guy drop of a 900 hp motor on our front porch.
    Why would you think this? Based on what? I never equate the M156 in that manner.

You know I'm just ball busting and I hope you have one helluva fast car, I hope you and I run down the track side by side with me running a 9.499 and a 9.500. I'm just as curious about your build as you are our builds. Do you have an ETA date yet?
    Yes, in my build thread I posted an update that has a rough estimate as the end of next month.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Fair enough but keep in mind we are not doing a stage I,II,III or what have you as that would infer these are off the shelf parts that anyone can buy but as far as I know, there are no parts available off the shelf for what we are doing. If anyone wants to step forward and share the R&D costs with us please by all means do so and we will share what is happening but this point the only person I can think of who would be up for this is Maverick.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Fair enough but keep in mind we are not doing a stage I,II,III or what have you as that would infer these are off the shelf parts that anyone can buy but as far as I know, there are no parts available off the shelf for what we are doing. If anyone wants to step forward and share the R&D costs with us please by all means do so and we will share what is happening but this point the only person I can think of who would be up for this is Maverick.

I edited the title to reflect the custom builds you mentioned. With little info I simply assumed a progression but we don't need to label anything in stages anyway.

We do not need to discuss cost or anything like that. All I did was lay out the simple math based on the %'s posted by Jim so I'm not revealing anything or trying to undermine any build. If the figures hit what was stated this is going to be a great achievement and shift the balance of power (pun intended) in several ways.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Earl, looks like he edited the title of the thread.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Hi Earl, i will be in touch...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123