Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

where can i get a good set of wheels/tires?

newb question but where can i get a good set of tires/rims for my 98 328i, not sure how long the current tires have been on there, but I've been running on them for 369days now and the tread is getting low i can feel the loss in traction, but if i'm gonna swap out the tires i wanna just swap out both rims and tires for better traction, and if anyone has experience with the e36s and has an idea of optimal size/width for best traction I'd appreciate it, the car is still stock but I'd like to make this move first.

P.s and i saw mike as max psi he had the car for a few hours and its been running smooth since about December 20th when i had him look. never going anywhere else lol
    Click here to enlarge

^ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SEXY BEAUTY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What are you looking to spend?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good move bringing your car to Max PSI, they know their stuff. I agree with sticky in setting a budget for yourself. You can buy new wheels and tire packages for prices ranging from $2k or $8k, it depends on what you want.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    probably around $2k-3k, I'll save up and swap out probably During the summer or earlier depending on cash flow lol. I'm looking for alot more traction, can you give me some measurements I'd be looking at for my e36? that way i have an idea of what fits just right and what wouldnt for width for the rear.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skorger Click here to enlarge
    probably around $2k-3k, I'll save up and swap out probably During the summer or earlier depending on cash flow lol. I'm looking for alot more traction, can you give me some measurements I'd be looking at for my e36? that way i have an idea of what fits just right and what wouldnt for width for the rear.
    Traction? Wet traction? Dry traction? On a track? What kind of power is your car putting down? No offense but I can't see traction being a very big issue for a 328i. In my opinion I would spend about $1700 on some 18" or 19" Rims and tires and spend the balance of your $3000 budget on some suspension upgrades, you can probably find a decent set of coil-overs for under $1400, suspension plays a s big of a roll in a cars traction as the tire, in some cases moreso.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hell, I just looked on the Tire Rack website and you would be hard pressed to spend over $2000 for good wheels and tires unless you're looking at the HRE's or BBS's. Check out the ASA GT5, looks great on your body syyle IMO and throw a set of Continental Extreme Contacts on em and you're looking at $1500 delivered to your front doorstep all mounted and balanced. I also found Koni coil-overs for $1275.00. Your car woould feel like a totally different animal for $2700.00, this is the route I would go if I were you.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skorger Click here to enlarge
    You probably just want to look on tirerack and see what you can get for your price range.

You just need a good summer tire or even all season.

There are decent rims available for around the 200 per rim price point and then just spend the rest on quality tires.

These aren't bad and a set of 4 will run you $702: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

There you go Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    I also found Koni coil-overs for $1275.00. Your car woould feel like a totally different animal for $2700.00, this is the route I would go if I were you.
    The coil-overs are a great idea as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    doesn't mod bargins have m3 reps for sale cheap right now? That might be a good, cheap oem-ish way to go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Good suggestions in this thread, if you decide on going with some coilovers, I would have a reputable shop install the coils unless your doing it yourself. You'll need to get a alignment done, also have them look at the shock towers, especially the rears since they have issues of wear on the e36's. You can get some reinforcement kits for the shock towers.

Turner has them...
    http://www.turnermotorsport.com/BMW-...ment-kits.aspx
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thanks for the help Click here to enlarge when the time comes I'll be able to get this going, and the reinforcement most def.
    Click here to enlarge