Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

The Mercedes C63 AMG Experiment - Chris Harris ON CARS

Mercedes 480bhp C63 AMG coupe, with optional power upgrade, already has more than enough power to trouble its rear tyres. What happens when you remove some of that grip? Good things, that's what.

There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not quite sure why Chris Harris bugs me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Reminds me of this:

Click here to enlarge

BTW i really hate how C-Pillar meets rest of the body, looks really bad. It's like the guy behind the design designed that part of the car in a rush.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I saw that on another forum a week or so ago and I thought it was something interesting to think about. I guess pushing/balancing at the limit of any car is fun, and it doesn't really matter how fast the car is going. It also makes a lot of street cars seem needlessly fast.

It also reminded me of another video I saw a while back of Tiff Needell talking about how he learned to drive in some really slow car with no grip, but because of that it was so easy and safe to push the limits. And then he had a Mercedes Technician turn off all the stability control a new mercedes SUV and drifted in that for some reason, lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I love it! This is exactly the prob I had with my GT3 on R comps / PS Cups. To have any fun on the street you had to be going soooo fast that it was too dangerous. My C63 on the other hand is a blast! Much lower grip limits and slides everywhere. I even discussed with my friend about ordering winter or All season tires because they have much less grip, same idea as putting on a small width tire as he did in the video.

Yes it is fun to drive at fast speeds, but I find the most fun is driving the car at its limit.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I run my Z on $#@!ty tires occasionally because it burns them so fast and because it allows for the first 3 gears to be drift gears. (5-Speed)

Although, I did almost lose my life in 4th once, when I wasn't trying to drift.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

C63 Coupe running on DONUTS (4 speare tires)

Pretty nuts if you ask me. This dude can drive though.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Threads merged.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    I even discussed with my friend about ordering winter or All season tires because they have much less grip, same idea as putting on a small width tire as he did in the video.
    On public roads you do not want the funfactor to take the upper hand.
    Especcially since you are not in control of any situation that arises.
    When you need to swirve through some spinned out traffic that suddenly appear while on a wet road, that will not be the time you would want the rear to break away so you can have some fun...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Although, I did almost lose my life in 4th once, when I wasn't trying to drift.
    I totalled a car that way once, rolled it 2 1/2 times and landed upside down in 4C cold water because I replaced my sporttires by cheap rubber (Viking I believe the brand was), all because I was gonna sell that car and just needed to make MOT. I did not have to sell it after that. Got away with a day observation in hospital for hypothermia and a bruised foot from the rolling. And no car.
    Tires had 50 km on them. Never again am I not gonna use the best tires available (to my best knowledge that is).
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works