Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You agree on an implication? Well, glad to see you guys agree on an assumption Click here to enlarge
    I mean, hey, not like either of you considered searching my post history to see past statements on turbo 6 cylinders or anything so you might not have to make assumptions...
    Relax buddy.... I was not agreeing on assumptions... I was agreeing to his deduction of your implication. Basically, I think this is what he was trying to explain to you:

If someone says "Car A is more powerful than car B".... then another person replies "Well car B's turbos were running only on 6 cylinders"... then it is somewhat reasonable to deduce that the replier is implying that the reason car B is weaker than car A is because of the 6 cylinder turbo count Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lenny@renntech Click here to enlarge
    Which exhaust cylinders are not being used in the Brabus M159 turbo manifold? Is it the front left & right bank cylinders?
    They were actually talking about the M156 setup.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    Relax buddy.... I was not agreeing on assumptions... I was agreeing to his deduction of your implication.
    His deduction of my "implication" assumes I meant something I did not.

then it is somewhat reasonable to deduce that the replier is implying that the reason car B is weaker than car A is because of the 6 cylinder turbo count
    It is reasonable for you to deduce that since the M156 turbo setup is not fed by all 8 cylinders it is not as efficient as it could possibly be. Making the jump to "deducing" that means equating cylinder count to power output from that is not reasonable. It is simply better to ask for further clarification respectfully than come to a premature conclusion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why are you guys getting all worked up kver the Brabus system, its insanely overpriced garbage.
    Click here to enlarge

1000+WHP WEISTEC 2008 CLK63 Black Series
    790WHP WEISTEC 2012 C63 Black Series
    725WHP WEISTEC 2014 SLS Black Series

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Why are you guys getting all worked up kver the Brabus system, its insanely overpriced garbage.
    I don't know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    His deduction of my "implication" assumes I meant something I did not.
    That's what c32AMG-DTM was trying to explain to you.... there are only two possible situations that stem out of your reply to the power comment:

1) Your reply to the power comment attempts to explain the power deficiency (using the turbo-count comment)
    OR
    2) Your reply to the power comment had nothing to do with power what so ever, which (he stated) would make it an irrelevant reply.

It is reasonable for you to deduce that since the M156 turbo setup is not fed by all 8 cylinders it is not as efficient as it could possibly be. Making the jump to "deducing" that means equating cylinder count to power output from that is not reasonable. It is simply better to ask for further clarification respectfully than come to a premature conclusion.
    I think almost all comments have been very respectful in this thread. And again, there were no assumptions being made. The efficiency of the turbo system was never called into play in my original comment. My original comment was only referencing power; no one had talked about efficiency at that point. Then you replied with the turbo setup (still not referencing efficiency at all). I believe those two comments is what he was referencing: you replied to a power comment referencing turbo/cylinder count. I'm just explaining what he was referencing because after that comment, both of you drifted into two opposite directions Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
    Not really sure.... but I would definitely like to see someone with a Brabus Turbo SLS push that system even further (maybe to the max) and see how much more power can be squeezed out of it.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's what c32AMG-DTM was trying to explain to you.... there are only two possible situations that stem out of your reply to the power comment:

1) Your reply to the power comment attempts to explain the power deficiency (using the turbo-count comment)
    OR
    2) Your reply to the power comment had nothing to do with power what so ever, which (he stated) would make it an irrelevant reply.
    There are way more than two possibilities than the ones you came up with to serve yourself.

1. I mentioned it simply as additional information.
    2. The turbo setup may be low boost and not as efficient as it possibly could be being fed by only 6 cylinder which may be a possible area to explore regarding it not moving as much air as the Weistec setup.
    3. I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about.
    4. I suffer from Tourette's.
    5. I just felt like typing.
    6. Providing an aspect regarding the Brabus turbo kits for the V8's you may not have been aware of.
    7. I could come up with many more...

It could be a combination of all these factors not all or none.

I think almost all comments have been very respectful in this thread. And again, there were no assumptions being made. The efficiency of the turbo system was never called into play in my original comment. My original comment was only referencing power; no one had talked about efficiency at that point. Then you replied with the turbo setup (still not referencing efficiency at all). I believe those two comments is what he was referencing: you replied to a power comment referencing turbo/cylinder count. I'm just explaining what he was referencing because after that comment, both of you drifted into two opposite directions
    I know you two in particular would love to try to prove me wrong on something or point out some deficiency as you have made a mountain out of a molehill yet again.

He took an ambiguous comment and essentially equated it to me saying cylinder count is why one makes more power than the other. This despite the fact my posting history shows the opposite meaning you guys seem to be trying hard to criticize just about anything no matter how far off base. Yes, that was an assumption that was made by him that you supported, what are you talking about? Don't assume.

Then you replied with the turbo setup (still not referencing efficiency at all). I believe those two comments is what he was referencing: you replied to a power comment referencing turbo/cylinder count. I'm just explaining what he was referencing because after that comment, both of you drifted into two opposite directions
    You are going to have to quote what you are talking about as I find your train of thought here hard to follow. Might be best to simply focus on the SC and you two can create a thread for attempts to argue with me pointlessly which everyone would be better served with.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are way more than two possibilities than the ones you came up with to serve yourself.

2. The turbo setup may be low boost and not as efficient as it possibly could be being fed by only 6 cylinder which may be a possible area to explore regarding it not moving as much air as the Weistec setup.
    6. Providing an aspect regarding the Brabus turbo kits for the V8's you may not have been aware of.
    Every single possibility you mentioned above (except number 2) falls under possibility number 2 from my post, which is: a post that was irrelevant to my initial comment. And that was the point he was trying to make: either you were referencing the cylinder count to the lower power output or if you were not talking about power in any way, then your reply was irrelevant to what you quoted.

I know you two in particular would love to try to prove me wrong on something or point out some deficiency as you have made a mountain out of a molehill yet again.
    LOL.... now you're being paranoid bro Click here to enlarge

He took an ambiguous comment and essentially equated it to me saying cylinder count is why one makes more power than the other.
    No... he took an ambiguous reply. A reply is different than a comment as it implies a relation to what you're replying to (unless of course it was irrelevant). When you replied to a power topic using the cylinder count, it created two scenarios: either an implied relation to the topic being replied to or an irrelevant post. I think he stated that fact a few times, but then things got further off topic.

You are going to have to quote what you are talking about as I find your train of thought here hard to follow.
    These are the two quotes he was referencing...

That is one strong SLS.... it's even more powerful than Brabus's twin turbo SLS
    The Brabus twin turbo SLS only runs on 6 cylinders.
    Might be best to simply focus on the SC and you two can create a thread for attempts to argue with me pointlessly which everyone would be better served with.
    Actually I think all the debates have helped their threads always stay at the top and always get views Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Actually I think all the debates have helped their threads always stay at the top and always get views
    Of course, but it would be nice to keep it on the topic of their SC or at the very least compare why it is a better option than the Brabus setup.

Every single possibility you mentioned above (except number 2) falls under possibility number 2 from my post, which is: a post that was irrelevant to my initial comment. And that was the point he was trying to make: either you were referencing the cylinder count to the lower power output or if you were not talking about power in any way, then your reply was irrelevant to what you quoted.
    You missed the humor I guess. It was just a BS list for the most part. And number 6 was not irrelevant to your initial comment but who honestly even cares?

No... he took an ambiguous reply. A reply is different than a comment as it implies a relation to what you're replying to (unless of course it was irrelevant). When you replied to a power topic using the cylinder count, it created two scenarios: either an implied relation to the topic being replied to or an irrelevant post. I think he stated that fact a few times, but then things got further off topic.
    It did not only create two scenarios and secondly you were asking about power figures. If the M156 turbo setup is only fed by 6 don't you think the numbers would be different if it were fed by 8? It was just something to look into if you wanted more information and a possible explanation as well as additional interesting info which leads to way more than just two possible scenarios.

Regardless, he then made the assumption you supported that I was equating cylinder count to power which I don't know how many times I need to say was a ridiculous assumption that I further clarified.

All he had to write was, "What do you mean by that exactly? Would you elaborate further?" Simple, instead of, "oh you should know better here let me display my automotive knowledge blah blah blah." As if I need to be told about power outputs with various engine setups when I follow how many different tuning solutions for various motors and makes of vehicles? Personally, I don't like my intelligence being insulted.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    All he had to write was, "What do you mean by that exactly? Would you elaborate further?" Simple, instead of, "oh you should know better here let me display my automotive knowledge blah blah blah." As if I need to be told about power outputs with various engine setups when I follow how many different tuning solutions for various motors and makes of vehicles? Personally, I don't like my intelligence being insulted.
    It's all cool bro... I honestly don't think he intended to insult anyone; it was just a discussion.

Cheers... Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's all cool bro... I honestly don't think he intended to insult anyone; it was just a discussion.

Cheers... Click here to enlarge
    No worries, it's all good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

It could be a combination of all these factors not all or none.
    Five definitely, maybe three? Click here to enlarge

...and you two can create a thread for attempts to argue with me pointlessly.
    You know, it's funny you say that - before I even commented on your reply to Exeenom's post, I thought to myself "is this really worth it?" knowing that it's pointless to observe any irregularities or to clarify/correct any possible errors in your posts. I should've known better, and I apologize to everyone reading this thread.

Sorry that you felt insulted - it was not my intention to insult you. When I commented that I felt the context of your post didn't make sense to me, I acknowledged your broad automotive knowledge-base - it surprised me that you posted what you did. I agree 100% that, before saying anything else, I should've posted "what's your point?" or some equivalent, to clarify the ambiguity of your post before any further discussion. If you clarified with "well obviously it makes less power because of the two fewer cylinders," then the conversation could've continued on that topic. If you said "not a reply to Exeenom per se, just an offhand statement" it would've saved the world some bandwidth... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by c32AMG-DTM Click here to enlarge
    You know, it's funny you say that - before I even commented on your reply to Exeenom's post, I thought to myself "is this really worth it?" knowing that it's pointless to observe any irregularities or to clarify/correct any possible errors in your posts. I should've known better, and I apologize to everyone reading this thread.
    At no point have I ever told you or anyone else to not correct errors and if I make one I am always happy to correct it. The problem isn't correcting errors, it is you attempting to create them when they don't exist.

it would've saved the world some bandwidth...
    Don't forget it's my bandwidth to waste.

, I should've posted "what's your point?" or some equivalent, to clarify the ambiguity of your post before any further discussion.
    Yes, especially considering I was being short as I was on my cell phone at the time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Since you included the model in your statement, I disagree. "The Brabus twin turbo SLS only runs on 6 cylinders" - I haven't diagramed a sentence in awhile, but I'm pretty sure that isn't correct now matter how you'd push to interpret it.

Frankly, the context of the comment didn't make sense either - that the Brabus twin-turbo system makes less power than the Weistec S/C because it might be spooled by only 6 cylinders? Your automotive knowledge is pretty broad... I'm surprised you'd make a comment like that - it's pretty naive.

Though we now know that it's not true and Brabus's M159 is spooled by all 8 cylinders - even if it were true and only 6, as long as you have enough exhaust volume to spool them properly (which, 4.65L of displacement should suffice just fine), the engine's still benefiting from as much boost pressure as the ECU program is targeting... and as an added bonus, doesn't have the parasitic losses of an S/C to worry about. At these power levels, those parasitic losses could easily reach (if not exceed) 100 hp.

If the Brabus twin-turbo makes less power than the Weistec M159 S/C system, then it's pretty safe to assume that Weistec is pushing way more boost through the M159 than Brabus is choosing to with their system.
    Is someone really arguing that blowers make more power than turbos this has to be a joke right? this is awesome thank god for Weistec what would we do without you!!! now hurry up with my M113 blower Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2008 Lexus LS600hl
    2006 CLS55 AMG.
    508whp/564tq.
    171mph at The Texas mile 2011.
    Mods Everything.
    Going fast with class!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Bro, don't waste your time Click here to enlarge

Nice car you got BTW.
    Welcome back. I thought you got banned?
    Tune only 60-130: 8.57
    Tune only 1/4 mile record: 11.531 @ 122.12

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by propain Click here to enlarge
    Thanks man. I was, twice, but ain't anymore. Hopefully there won't be a next time Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks man. I was, twice, but ain't anymore. Hopefully there won't be a next time Click here to enlarge
    I didn't think banning was possible here. You must have done something really bad. LOL
    Tune only 60-130: 8.57
    Tune only 1/4 mile record: 11.531 @ 122.12

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You must have done something really bad. LOL
    Shhh. It's forbidden to even point at it lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Full Throttle Click here to enlarge
    Is someone really arguing that blowers make more power than turbos this has to be a joke right? this is awesome thank god for Weistec what would we do without you!!! now hurry up with my M113 blower Click here to enlarge
    No one is arguing superchargers make more power than turbos, you don't even understand the argument.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's practically impossible to get banned, he was in timeout until actions on his part as I always left the door open.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is up to you to but I'm getting sick of reading "ban" in every thread you post in. Good for you, you are are posting again, now move on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Joseph, you really need to chill out. you get in the same arguments with the same people no matter what the thread is.

i know it is your forum but dude...relax.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
    Joseph, you really need to chill out. you get in the same arguments with the same people no matter what the thread is.

i know it is your forum but dude...relax.
    It really isn't a big deal and there will naturally be discussions with the same people here as discussions frequently involve the same individuals.

It was resolved anyway and was hardly over the top or insulting.

I did not create a network of forums to type less or have to watch what I say. You may not see it but it actually keeps activity high and on the Mercedes side more activity is a priority.

It's all good as far as I'm concerned and I have no issues with the posters involved whom I respect. If we want to argue for 500 pages as long as it is respectful, let us. At no point do I ever tell you to chill out and fully encourage you expressing yourself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's practically impossible to get banned, he was in timeout until actions on his part as I always left the door open.
    Sticky - it's clear this $#@!ing loser has nothing better to do than try and irritate the membership here. His new avatar and status are a perfect example - I mean, why else use that on a US based forum ?

@Sorena -

Whats with your new avatar and status ?? "Blocking the strait of Hormuz"... Is that supposed to be funny ? I'm sure you feel it's clever to use those to describe yourself and think it gets under other members skin.... but if you had any $#@!ing brain whatsoever you would realize that it would be a very bad idea for Iran to attempt such a thing.

"Gen. Martin E. Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said this past weekend that the United States would “take action and reopen the strait,” which could be accomplished only by military means, including minesweepers, warship escorts and potentially airstrikes. Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta told troops in Texas on Thursday that the United States would not tolerate Iran’s closing of the strait. "

So, I hope that idiot you're using as your avatar has the balls to do what he is threatening because it will end badly for him....kinda like this:

Click here to enlarge

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/13/wo...pagewanted=all

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    Sticky - it's clear this $#@!ing loser has nothing better to do than try and irritate the membership here. His new avatar and status are a perfect example - I mean, why else use that on a US based forum ?
    He's just joking around and making light of the situation.

You guys should try to get along. We can keep the politics of it where they belong, there is already a thread on it.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast