Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the reply.... your car is a good base for research and analysis of the NA M159 platform Click here to enlarge

By the way, Mercedes actually uses a direct engine dyno when they specify the output. The Maha used by MKB is a wheel based dyno which measures power at the wheels then "approximates" a value for engine power. The approximation process can be changed, which sometimes results in different readings on two different dynos of the same exact make and model.

Regarding MKB's tune-only package. I guess what I was trying to point out was that MKB claims that they can add 67 PS with tune-only while PP-Performance claims their tune only adds 29 PS. However, based on your results, the PP tune is much stronger than MKB's tune. This indicates that either MKB inflates their numbers or PP seriously underrates their figures, as there is a HUGE difference between the two claims.

Did you happen to get a dyno reading when your car was completely stock on the LPS-3000 ? Also, have you ever considered going with a titanium exhaust? Supposedly you could save anywhere from 50 to 100 lbs from your current setup.
    I dynoed it when it was completely stock with another friend of mine who also owns an SLS. MY car made 525 and his made 522.

titanium exhausts are light just like the one that Brabus are using for thier SLS. I think 50-55HP gain from the supersprint system beats the lightweight exhaust. I raced a brabus SLS runing with the same exhaust and Brabus tune before I had the custom tune. I completely tore it apart (mentioned it on mbworld.org)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    I dynoed it when it was completely stock with another friend of mine who also owns an SLS. MY car made 525 and his made 522.

titanium exhausts are light just like the one that Brabus are using for thier SLS. I think 50-55HP gain from the supersprint system beats the lightweight exhaust. I raced a brabus SLS runing with the same exhaust and Brabus tune before I had the custom tune. I completely tore it apart (mentioned it on mbworld.org)
    Did you dyno your car before and after just the exhaust itself?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Did you dyno your car before and after just the exhaust itself?
    I dynoed the car when it was completely stock at the same dyno (MAHA LPS-3000) with Jimmy and it made 525HP. at that time I shipped the SLS to Abu-Dhabi for an exotic photoshoot for a Middl-Eastern Magazine. I really did not care about tuning and making more power out of it. My brother (some people here are familiar with him from Mbworld) works with PP-Performance alot. He is the one who took the car and dynoed it just to see how much power it could make at stock form. Both him and Jimmy were eager to get it tuned, but at that time I wanted to keep it stock.

Later, during last summer, when Supersprint announced they were going to realese a LT header system for the SLS, I decided I need to go for it. I then decided to tune with PP-Performance. My brother and I were attending a wedding in Abu-Dhabi, He contacted Jimmy and told us he was going to fly out from Germany the same weekend. Therfore, we took the ECU, flew to Abu-Dhabi and he tuned the ECU for the headers.

Nobody had installed the Superspring LT racing headers,as they were not released yet (I was the first customer to get the racing headers from Supersprint). Therefore Jimmy adjusted the fuel mapping ang igniton neccesaary for the headers, but ofcourse it wasnt a matched tune since nobody had worked on these headers before. He told me, I wont get the expected gains if I did not match the tune with the exhust . He told me to come back whenever I install the the exhust system to put the car on the dyno and have it custom tuned.
    I took the tuned ECU back with me and placed it under the hood again. The ECU was now tuned for the headers, but with the stock exhust still intact with all the four cats. The car immediatley went to safe mode after a couple of miles.
    About a month later I recieved the exhust and installed it . There was a BIG diffrence and the car was monsterous that I did not feel I needed a custom tune.
    My brother was actullay the one that insisted we get it custome tuned. And that is what I exactley did recently and I'm glad I didClick here to enlarge. Before the Custome dyno (having supersprint exhust + unmatched ECU tune) it made 576 (graph above) and later we improved it to 622HP and adjusted it to 618HP.
    The car is a complete animal, it hits 300Km/hr within a flash. Now the matched tune is with PP-Performance for anybody who is wanting to install the same exhust system. I know one of Jimmy's customers is going to install the Supersprint system and get the same tune from PPP. Ofcourse it is going to be a mail tune and not custom, but still a matched tune.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dynoed the car when it was completely stock at the same dyno (MAHA LPS-3000) with Jimmy and it made 525HP. at that time I shipped the SLS to Abu-Dhabi for an exotic photoshoot for a Middl-Eastern Magazine. I really did not care about tuning and making more power out of it. My brother (some people here are familiar with him from Mbworld) works with PP-Performance alot. He is the one who took the car and dynoed it just to see how much power it could make at stock form. Both him and Jimmy were eager to get it tuned, but at that time I wanted to keep it stock.

Later, during last summer, when Supersprint announced they were going to realese a LT header system for the SLS, I decided I need to go for it. I then decided to tune with PP-Performance. My brother and I were attending a wedding in Abu-Dhabi, He contacted Jimmy and told us he was going to fly out from Germany the same weekend. Therfore, we took the ECU, flew to Abu-Dhabi and he tuned the ECU for the headers.

Nobody had installed the Superspring LT racing headers,as they were not released yet (I was the first customer to get the racing headers from Supersprint). Therefore Jimmy adjusted the fuel mapping ang igniton neccesaary for the headers, but ofcourse it wasnt a matched tune since nobody had worked on these headers before. He told me, I wont get the expected gains if I did not match the tune with the exhust . He told me to come back whenever I install the the exhust system to put the car on the dyno and have it custom tuned.
    I took the tuned ECU back with me and placed it under the hood again. The ECU was now tuned for the headers, but with the stock exhust still intact with all the four cats. The car immediatley went to safe mode after a couple of miles.
    About a month later I recieved the exhust and installed it . There was a BIG diffrence and the car was monsterous that I did not feel I needed a custom tune.
    My brother was actullay the one that insisted we get it custome tuned. And that is what I exactley did recently and I'm glad I didClick here to enlarge. Before the Custome dyno (having supersprint exhust + unmatched ECU tune) it made 576 (graph above) and later we improved it to 622HP and adjusted it to 618HP.
    The car is a complete animal, it hits 300Km/hr within a flash. Now the matched tune is with PP-Performance for anybody who is wanting to install the same exhust system. I know one of Jimmy's customers is going to install the Supersprint system and get the same tune from PPP. Ofcourse it is going to be a mail tune and not custom, but still a matched tune.Click here to enlarge
    Detailed response, thank you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Detailed response, thank you.
    Dont mention it. You are most welcome. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

I meant getting the same SuperSprint exhaust you have but instead of being made out of stainless steel, have it made out of titanium. There was this guy on the porsche forum who kept bugging SuperSprint to make him a replica of his exhaust in titanium.... it took him about 7 months of constant pushing until he finally got them to agree. LOL. He was very persistent Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There was this guy on the porsche forum who kept bugging SuperSprint to make him a replica of his exhaust in titanium.... it took him about 7 months of constant pushing until he finally got them to agree. LOL. He was very persistent
    Sounds like it... impressive. How much did that cost him?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds like it... impressive. How much did that cost him?
    I can't remember all the details but it was definitely expensive. I want to say $4k to $5k extra on top of the already high price of his stainless steel exhaust. I'll try to look up that thread again and see if I can get some figures.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can't remember all the details but it was definitely expensive. I want to say $4k to $5k extra on top of the already high price of his stainless steel exhaust. I'll try to look up that thread again and see if I can get some figures.
    That would be a great weight saving. I never thought of that at the begining. I can really see myself ordering another exhaust syste. I will keep what I have. Hopefully my Next mod will be a Weistec superchargerClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great numbers!!
    That things like a BEAST!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12