Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Supersprint headers + catless full exhaust + PP-Performance software on dyno

They say the result was 618 HP and 691 NM. Judging by the sound, it makes more Click here to enlarge
    BTW wasn't PPP based in Germany? this looks more like Dubai.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

moved to M159

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hello guys,

Glad to be back. This car in that video is mine :-). I'm also member "SLS Qatar" on mbworld.org. PP-performance is based in Germany, but they also have a branch in UAE. I installed the supersprint system with no cats in November and I recieved a tune from Jimmy Pelka without my car being there. Therfore you can consider it as a mail tune. I decided to have it custome tuned lat week. I called up Jimmy and his partner Salah Alamoudi and they were available in Abu-Dhabi. I shipped my car overthere and had it on the dyno the following day.

The dyno that PPP use is a LPS-3000 Maha, which tends to read lower than normal. A stock SLS dynos around 520-525 on this dyno. Before the custom tune my car made a peak of 576HP. After the custom tune, my car made a peak of 622HP. Jimmy then decided to conduct another few runs to improve low-mid range power. We found a gain of about 8-10 HP on low-mid range power when the peak was at 618HP. Therefore, we decided this was the better tune for racing. losing 4HP at the peak isnt a big deal when you gain 8-10HP on early RPM :-). Therefore, the gain we accomplished was 42HP and 33NM at the crank.

Here are the before and after dyno sheets. Please neglect the wheel HP, as we did not keep it as a base for our dyno runs, we only kept engine power as a base.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Jimmy is a true tuner that will make any 63 motor run like magic, I highly recommend everybody to tune with him. He was working on the new 2012 CLS63 when I was there and he has a monster package for it if anybody is intrested. His partner Salah is an amazing guy with excellent racing skills and knows his driving. All the guys at PP-Performance are wonderful to be around with.

I raced a couple of cars . I was able to beat a bolt on corvette Z06 runing with heads and camshaft, a bolt on dodge viper with headers+exhaust+tune (owner claimed it was making 591HP at the wheels on a dynojet), and a modded GTR V-spec (I have a video of this race)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SLS AMG Click here to enlarge
    Hello guys,

Glad to be back. This car in that video is mine :-). I'm also member "SLS Qatar" on mbworld.org. PP-performance is based in Germany, but they also have a branch in UAE. I installed the supersprint system with no cats in November and I recieved a tune from Jimmy Pelka without my car being there. Therfore you can consider it as a mail tune. I decided to have it custome tuned lat week. I called up Jimmy and his partner Salah Alamoudi and they were available in Abu-Dhabi. I shipped my car overthere and had it on the dyno the following day.

The dyno that PPP use is a LPS-3000 Maha, which tends to read lower than normal. A stock SLS dynos around 520-525 on this dyno. Before the custom tune my car made a peak of 576HP. After the custom tune, my car made a peak of 622HP. Jimmy then decided to conduct another few runs to improve low-mid range power. We found a gain of about 8-10 HP on low-mid range power when the peak was at 618HP. Therefore, we decided this was the better tune for racing. losing 4HP at the peak isnt a big deal when you gain 8-10HP on early RPM :-). Therefore, the gain we accomplished was 42HP and 33NM at the crank.

Here are the before and after dyno sheets. Please neglect the wheel HP, as we did not keep it as a base for our dyno runs, we only kept engine power as a base.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Jimmy is a true tuner that will make any 63 motor run like magic, I highly recommend everybody to tune with him. He was working on the new 2012 CLS63 when I was there and he has a monster package for it if anybody is intrested. His partner Salah is an amazing guy with excellent racing skills and knows his driving. All the guys at PP-Performance are wonderful to be around with.

I raced a couple of cars . I was able to beat a bolt on corvette Z06 runing with heads and camshaft, a bolt on dodge viper with headers+exhaust+tune (owner claimed it was making 591HP at the wheels on a dynojet), and a modded GTR V-spec (I have a video of this race)
    Thanks for posting the sheets and your impressions. Pretty impressive results, looks like Jimmy knows what he is doing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for posting the sheets and your impressions. Pretty impressive results, looks like Jimmy knows what he is doing.
    you are welcome

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Very nice car indeed. Amazing power it makes. Anyways, you said you have a video of the GTR against you? can you post it please? Thanks Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Very nice car indeed. Amazing power it makes. Anyways, you said you have a video of the GTR against you? can you post it please? Thanks Click here to enlarge
    Thank you. I will upload the video from my phone and download it for you tommorrow. This modded GTR (runing on 20PSI boost) was the closest to my car than the prvious ones I raced. we raced ten times and on each race my SLS was ahead. Two people were on each car (Driver+passenger) and we switched drivers and passengers. My SLS was still ahead.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

This modded GTR (runing on 20PSI boost) was the closest to my car than the prvious ones I raced. we raced ten times and on each race my SLS was ahead.
    That's pretty impressive. GTR is tune only I guess or minor bolt-on's?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

boy does that sound sweet! nice power too!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

SAw this on FB. SS FTW. I cant wait ti install my Race muffler this saturday and then next step is Stepped race headers and Schrick cams.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

you are welcome
    Nice car you got.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    SAw this on FB. SS FTW. I cant wait ti install my Race muffler this saturday and then next step is Stepped race headers and Schrick cams.
    +1. SS parts are the best, specially the headers they make. Really top notch, and expensive to be honest.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Thanks guys for the comments. I raced The GTR V-spec before I conducted the custom tune. It had a race tune and a no cat exhuast with 20PSI boost. All of our runs were from a roll 60Kph-210kph(GTR owner didnt want to race longer than that). In this video you will see me filming from inside the GTR, both of the runs were from 2nd gear and about 60km/hr. Salah was driving my SLS with a very fat dude in the passenger seat. you can see from the first run, the GTR had the first kick and my car was still able to take it over :-). Later, We switched passengers and the fat dude was in the GTR and I was driving the SLS this time, ofcourse I couldnt film it since I was driving, but my car pulled away quicker.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Thanks guys for the comments. I raced The GTR V-spec before I conducted the custom tune. It had a race tune and a no cat exhuast with 20PSI boost. All of our runs were from a roll 60Kph-210kph(GTR owner didnt want to race longer than that). In this video you will see me filming from inside the GTR, both of the runs were from 2nd gear and about 60km/hr. Salah was driving my SLS with a very fat dude in the passenger seat. you can see from the first run, the GTR had the first kick and my car was still able to take it over :-). Later, We switched passengers and the fat dude was in the GTR and I was driving the SLS this time, ofcourse I couldnt film it since I was driving, but my car pulled away quicker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiGrjwVtKtg
    Thank you for keeping your word and posting the video.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Awesome vid guys!
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You are welcome anytime brotherClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

What happen to the video?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mthis Click here to enlarge
    What happen to the video?
    I'm sorry you missed it. I had it up for about one day. I did not take the permission from the owner of the GTR to download the video. He didnt know I posted the video and he may not like the idea. I will take his permission first then I will post it again.

If you really like to see it, PM ME

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

I'm sorry you missed it. I had it up for about one day. I did not take the permission from the owner of the GTR to download the video. He didnt know I posted the video and he may not like the idea. I will take his permission first then I will post it again.

If you really like to see it, PM ME
    Why are you worried about the GTR owners feelings?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Sticky please fix the spelling in the title: Supersprint

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Great post and thanks for sharing the results.... Click here to enlarge

Despite the 618 hp figure, I think it would be safe to assume that your car is making (at least) 650 hp, especially if you would've used a normal-reading dyno instead of a low-reading dyno. Not bad for an exhaust and custom tune.

By the way, have you ever tried an MKB tune? They advertise that they can actually reach 640 hp with only a tune.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Sticky please fix the spelling in the title: Supersprint
    Fixed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Thanks for the video, but I didn't get to see it Click here to enlarge I've been so busy lately, not much time to get online.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Exeenom Click here to enlarge
    Great post and thanks for sharing the results.... Click here to enlarge

Despite the 618 hp figure, I think it would be safe to assume that your car is making (at least) 650 hp, especially if you would've used a normal-reading dyno instead of a low-reading dyno. Not bad for an exhaust and custom tune.

By the way, have you ever tried an MKB tune? They advertise that they can actually reach 640 hp with only a tune.
    HI,

You are welcome. I think you are "MbForever" from mbworld?.

Yes, I did have the MKB tune. My first tune on the SLS was the tier 1 package MKP640. Actully they claim its 638HP. I was actually the first customer to recieve this tune.

The thing is, The SLS is rated from the factory at 571HP, and it is actually underrated and its making closer to 590-600HP. Therfore the 638HP is actually just 40-50HP gain. MKB use the same dyno that MB use from the factory. So actually thier gains are typical to any other tuner.

I can tell you for sure that the PP-Performance SLS tune outpreforms thier tune.Click here to enlarge

if you have an SLS tuned with MKB and put on a dynomaha LPS-3000, your are defenitley not going to see that 638 number!

Now coming back to my dyno numbers. On the LPS-3000, a stock SLS dynos around 520-525HP. MY car made a paek of 622 (later changed to 618 due to improvement in midrange power). Therfore, that is an increase of 100HP. So if you go back to MB ratings of the SLS @ 571HP, my car is making an extra 100HP so thats around at least 671HP.

I really dont care much about numbers, what matters are streer race results. All the cars that I raced are rated well above 650HP and my car was ahead. The owner of the bolt-on Viper that I raced claimed that his car wa making 591HP at the wheels on a dynojet.Click here to enlarge

Diffrent dynos differ in readings. What matters the most are the results. Trust me, my SLS would tear an SLS with an MKB tune in pieces. I had the tune before, I know what I'm talking aboutClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

The thing is, The SLS is rated from the factory at 571HP, and it is actually underrated and its making closer to 590-600HP. Therfore the 638HP is actually just 40-50HP gain. MKB use the same dyno that MB use from the factory. So actually thier gains are typical to any other tuner.

I can tell you for sure that the PP-Performance SLS tune outpreforms thier tune.Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the reply.... your car is a good base for research and analysis of the NA M159 platform Click here to enlarge

By the way, Mercedes actually uses a direct engine dyno when they specify the output. The Maha used by MKB is a wheel based dyno which measures power at the wheels then "approximates" a value for engine power. The approximation process can be changed, which sometimes results in different readings on two different dynos of the same exact make and model.

Regarding MKB's tune-only package. I guess what I was trying to point out was that MKB claims that they can add 67 PS with tune-only while PP-Performance claims their tune only adds 29 PS. However, based on your results, the PP tune is much stronger than MKB's tune. This indicates that either MKB inflates their numbers or PP seriously underrates their figures, as there is a HUGE difference between the two claims.

Did you happen to get a dyno reading when your car was completely stock on the LPS-3000 ? Also, have you ever considered going with a titanium exhaust? Supposedly you could save anywhere from 50 to 100 lbs from your current setup.
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast